why don't you log?

Options

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    I share with friends only. But, the idea of looking at someone’s diary is stupid. I don’t know why people do that. I have heard all the reasons. But, it is stupid, as far as I’m concerned. Why does one person concern their self with what someone else is eating? I don’t get it.

Yeah, this. I’ve never looked at someone else’s diary, and I have no desire to. I can’t think of any reason why anyone would want to look at what I’ve eaten today (let alone a random stranger online). Even friends. Why the *kitten* would they want to see what I’ve eaten?

For food ideas, eating patterns to try, learning from successful dieters how to they regulate their foods and snacks, curiosity about calorie levels or even just plain curiosity. I can think of many reasons. I also can think of many reasons why one would want to hide their diary.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I close my diary to the public if I'm doing an aggressive cut.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I think mine is open to friends? When I've fudged logging or not logged, 99% of the time it has been because it was a party day or I knew I intended to over-eat or, early on, was avoiding being honest with myself (the other 1% was a long awaited trip home to family where I didn't log but was careful in my eating). It took a long time to turn the corner of understanding and acceptance that doing anything but accurate logging is super pointless. These days if I don't log it's because, like yesterday, I had a BBQ and had zero intention of keeping track of the kind of grazing that was going on, as there was Uno to play and friends to trash talk. I quick added a medium guesstimate just so I could see the day in my history and today I go back to normal. It's important to log the high calorie splurges because the very act of doing so tempers you in my opinion - you see lots of people get into the trap of "well I'm over, might as well *kitten* it" - where if they'd just logged the In n Out they might have made some different choices after.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I log religiously, but for some reason I feel funny letting people read it. I’m overly sensitive, so I guess I’m just being protective.
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I won’t think of looking at someone else’s food dairy so it never occurred to me to open mine. I also try to eat low calorie nutritarian and a lot of people would bash me for it when it’s none of their business to judge my way of eating.
  • SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Because it’s a huge hassle and I’m successful without it.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I won’t think of looking at someone else’s food dairy so it never occurred to me to open mine. I also try to eat low calorie nutritarian and a lot of people would bash me for it when it’s none of their business to judge my way of eating.

What's nutritarian?
    Also I love creeping on my friends' diaries.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    i understand why people don't log (and/or) make their diaries private - but at the same time, you have multiple people daily posting threads about their inability to lose weight and not logging/private diary - makes it hard for anyone to help them identify issues - so its kind of a double edged sword

Then just ask the people requesting help to open his/her diary to see what the problem is, and maybe offer solutions. The rest of us can keep it private.
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I allow my friends to see my diary. That being said I've now permanently blocked my husband on here as I don't need him knowing everything I eat and he likes to tease/bug me about certain things. Plus I don't always want him to know about certain foods I might have hidden in the house lol for example my secret expensive protein shake i don't want him to use :D

I have my brother as a friend and don't mind his teasing when I have a 'bad day'.

I do find it a bit frustrating when friends on here have closed diaries as I find others food diaries them interesting and inspirational to look at.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    @GottaBurnEmAll, that’s awful. I’m sorry that happened to you.
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    @GottaBurnEmAll some people are just petty and childish it is shocking
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I do log most days, but have it private because people don't need to see and comment on my sky rocket sodium level and excessive fiber. I am honestly embarrassed about it...

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged in 5 years because I don't need to. I can maintain my weight and lose weight easily without logging anything and I don't need a diary to "hold me accountable."

When I did log, I don't know if my diary was public or not...I don't remember. I've never looked at anyone else's diary unless they've asked me to.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I don't log food because I don't need to.
    I do log exercise because I want to.

My diary has always been open including when I was a food logger - it didn't bother me in the slightest if anyone wanted to look or comment. Had a few comments as I used the 5:2 IF diet when I lost my weight so the 600 calorie days were a bit of a surprise to people.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Is mine public? I am not sure.
    I'm not a facebook partaker or any other social outlet where I bleed out every aspect of my life.
    I'm not sure if I would like someone judging and voicing my choices....in fact it would make me furious!
    I am a believer of "I do me and you do you".
    But....if I needed help theeeeen....I will ask and then I would expect opinions.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Nothing bad is going to happen to me if you criticize what I eat. Sometimes I ask questions that people could answer easier if they look. It's not like I use my real name or anything. I think I am better at sticking to it with it open. This works for me; I don't mean everyone should do it because I do.