What are your goals?

Options
My goals are to eat more, walk more, be more active and just have fun! After 4 years of constant focus on health and fitness I took a year off. Gained most of it back but I notice how much more muscle I have this time and my body is itching to get back to it!!

It's like we try so hard to get to that picture in our minds of what we should look like that we don't even realize that where we were or are is just as perfect. It's time to be happy and be our own kind of beautiful!

Replies

• NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    To run a 5K and gain 5-10 lbs
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'm not usually a goal-oriented person, but more an opportunities-oriented one.

That said, I guess I do have one overarching health and fitness goal in maintenance: To stay as strong and active as feasible in a context of good life balance (health, social, creative, intellectual, etc.) so that I can delay a permanent move to assisted living for as long as possible.

I'm 62. I aspire to a long, independent active life, followed by a short, sharp decline - something I've seen among older active friends - rather than a decades-long painful slide into dependence, disability, and ill health. I know I don't have full control, but feel like I can improve my odds.

I'm sorry if that's a downer. To me, at this age, it's not. I see many people around me of my age - dear friends in some cases - who've made and are making life choices that are having very negative consequences for them right now. I'm interested in controlling or influencing the factors I can, to avoid that.

Although I'm "only" 41, this sums it up for me also.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77 - not a downer to me at all. I’m 68 and really appreciate and agree with what you said. You are one of my inspirations here!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    My short term goal is a charity bike ride in aid of the Royal Marsden cancer hospital that has cared for my father-in-law through three bouts of cancer in three years. He is currently in remission and wouldn't be here without the first class treatment that they have provided.
    It's a 92 mile ride and my training is going well, did 72 miles at a decent pace today. Three weeks to go and fingers are already crossed that the weather on the day is kind.

Long term goal is to have as many healthy, fit and fun years as possible and to spend my children's inheritance. ;)

:heart:
  • gilgongo2
    gilgongo2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and my goal is to delay the process of atrophy that comes with old age. I've never been a sporty person until recently, so lifting weights and managing my diet is new to me. But I don't want to be complaining that I can't walk up stairs or go on a cycling holiday when I'm 65. Need to be fit to enjoy my retirement!

Short term goal (which is why I'm using MFP) is to get down to 15% body fat. After four months, I'm on track for that by September I hope! Then I plan to go into a calorie surplus, keep lifting heavy and and get up to 20%, then cut back down again.

B)

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Not regain too much weight. Get bigger in the gym!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Short term: 8K race 5/19 (charity run I do every year, would like to PR if I can)

Next 2-3 months: working of fat loss after bulking over winter.

Long term: I turn 50 in 4 months and is a turning point for me . After celebrating I might bulk again or continue recomp, either way, keep on working on fitness and lifting, I am enjoying my program now, so we'll see what progress I make before then.
  • ricka1962
    ricka1962 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My goal is to put on more muscle with less body fat percentage than I had last year. Not into bulking/cutting, try to stay as lean as I can year round with some small fluctuations over the course of the year.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    To be able to run 30 min straight. I don’t have any definitive weight lifting related goals, just to keep improving.. my goal in general is to stick with calorie counting and eat reasonable on the weekends and not over indulge! Except on special occasions of course lol