THE Team - Week 2 - 2/13/09

Options

Replies

• andersonchristineg
    Options
    *sigh* No loss for me this week. I saw it coming though. Stressful week at work and that triggers me to dive into sugar. I think I ate 7 cookies yesterday, not just oreos, those super soft frosted ones at the bakery. Digging my hole deeper.

Solution: I am going to sign up for a Beat Cancer Boot Camp 5k fundraiser that is in March. Its a 5k obstacle course. The warm up workout is lead by a former Navy Seal and that makes me think it might kick my butt. But my 5- week self-training begins Sunday. Here goes nothin!

Congrats to those that lost this week!

Nothing Tastes Better Than Skinny Feels
  • mandersen16
    Options
    *sigh* No loss for me this week. I saw it coming though. Stressful week at work and that triggers me to dive into sugar. I think I ate 7 cookies yesterday, not just oreos, those super soft frosted ones at the bakery. Digging my hole deeper.

Solution: I am going to sign up for a Beat Cancer Boot Camp 5k fundraiser that is in March. Its a 5k obstacle course. The warm up workout is lead by a former Navy Seal and that makes me think it might kick my butt. But my 5- week self-training begins Sunday. Here goes nothin!

Congrats to those that lost this week!

Nothing Tastes Better Than Skinny Feels

Keep at it dear! Sorry for your troubles at work.

Nice job on the 5k. That would kick my butt any day!!! :smokin:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    kelleighanne/ SW 171/ CW 168/ progreess -3
    get_fit2009/SW 175/CW 165/progress -10, for the week -.50
    prayerfulmom sw231/cw226/gw165 (real sw is 277)
    Losingit4Good SW 240/CW 229.2/GW 170/ this weeks stats -3.2

YAYAYAYA!! I wasnt expecting much of anything this week with hurting my back and bruising my butt but I guess Im doing something right!!! I had to step on the scale 4 fricken times this morning cuz I just couldnt believe it!!!:noway:

First 10 gone.. plus 1! I am sooooooooooo thrilled!!!!!

Hubby lost some too this week but Im gonna let him share it with ya :)

Adopt4 is my real life friend workout buddy... please welcome her to our thread :)

PS. I started drinking 1/2 my weight in water ounces every day. I gotta pee alot but WOW what a big difference!!
  • chantybear
    Options
    The thread has taken off again!

No weight in for me ladies, you probably know why!

Lulu: No I didn't my oral surgeon is an hour drive away from me. I am not getting naseous anymore I believe! Yes, thanks I had a dandy sleep, but woke up to my bottom right side hurting a lot! I just took some pills, and it is starting to subside. I still have freaking ballooned cheeks though!:grumble:
    We re-scheduled our viewing for Saturday, for some reasons, hope I feel better then!!:smile:
  • chantybear
    Options

YAYAYAYA!! I wasnt expecting much of anything this week with hurting my back and bruising my butt but I guess Im doing something right!!! I had to step on the scale 4 fricken times this morning cuz I just couldnt believe it!!!:noway:

First 10 gone.. plus 1! I am sooooooooooo thrilled!!!!!

Hubby lost some too this week but Im gonna let him share it with ya :)

Adopt4 is my real life friend workout buddy... please welcome her to our thread :)

PS. I started drinking 1/2 my weight in water ounces every day. I gotta pee alot but WOW what a big difference!!

Good job Li4g!!!!!! We are all proud of you :smile:

Welcome Adopt4:smile:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Hi there, I'd like to join. I'm on week 4? I think.. anyway one week doesn't count because I spent it in bed with the flu and couldn't work out or do anything I was supposed to. Back on track this week. I don't understand my weight fluctuations, ok so I weigh almost every day, but only track 1x/wk, and it changes so much! I've "gained back" 2 pounds but don't understand how! Also, even when I had all 11 pounds gone, by my clothes I 'gained weight' in my lower abdomen? How is that possible? It's DEPRESSING!!!

I didnt' expect to see a huge difference with 11 pounds gone, but I didn't expect my pants to be TIGHTER!!! HELP! What's going on?

Happy to join the team, I'm friends with losinit4good (not sure if I spelled that all right)... we're friends IRL and she introduced me to this site which I LOVE!

And I'll do the "log every bite" because I have been really good at doing that... as long as I have internet access (which drives my hubby crazy because I'm always running to the computer and logging stuff)

Welcome!
    It could be muscle that is tightening your clothes around your abs and legs. As the body fat reduces I bet one day you'll be floored cuase you'll see that muscle.
    cracking up over the running to the computer to log stuff:laugh:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday.. Yeah. I have a 3 day weekend and I am so excited...

Ok, slow weight loss for me this week, but thats ok.. I will take the 2 lbs...

SW: 220
    CW: 207
    GW: 155

2 lbs a week is a good goal don't ya think??

Hope everyone has a good week...

Anita
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Happy Friday.. Yeah. I have a 3 day weekend and I am so excited...

Ok, slow weight loss for me this week, but thats ok.. I will take the 2 lbs...

SW: 220
    CW: 207
    GW: 155

2 lbs a week is a good goal don't ya think??

Hope everyone has a good week...

Anita

I'm happy with 1. 2 is a bonus! Be excited for those 2 lbs:tongue:
  • megheinlein
    Options
    Great job!!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Remember, slow and steady wins the race! :wink:
  • lacijae
    Options
    MOrning. It's 4:00 am. I can't sleep (probably since I've been asleep since 7:30 LOL

It's going to be a bad few days for me.. excuses I know. Tonight DH is taking me out for my b'day and there will probably be some cake and ice cream. Today is the party at school, but nobody really ever brings anything I can eat (I'm allergic to food coloring). So that's good.

Off to try to snooze for 1 1/2 more hours. Gotta be bright eyed and bushytailed :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
  • lacijae
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great week! I am very proud of myself for making it through two weeks of dieting! I am going to do the water challenge. I absolutely HATE water and so this will be a big challenge for me :tongue: . 94 oz of water is A LOT :drinker: but I'm going to do it :flowerforyou: .

Nitag: Sorry I didn't log back on last night... My computer decided to have technical difficulties :grumble: But I did rake pine straw out of my yard and try to get my flower beds ready for planting this spring. I worked for about 3 hours so I'd say I got a pretty good workout (I was worn out that's for sure!!). I'd say we did pretty good :bigsmile: . What are your exercise goals for this week?

Well I'm fixing to go to work :angry: so I guess I will talk to all of you later this week!
    Good luck everybody!!

Starting weight: 199 lbs (2/2/09)
    Current weight: 188 lbs (2/13/09)
    Short Term Goal weight : 180 lbs (3/2/09)
    Long Term Goal weight: 140 lbs (8/31/09)
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who lost weight this week. I am proud of myself for setting the treadmill a little faster this week and I didn't fall off :laugh: I also went out for supper last night and ate only half of the meal - it was a combined celebration: valentine's and my birthday monday. Happy Birthday Kelleighanne - I think it sucks to have my birthday so close to valentines. Husband gets it easy.:flowerforyou:

I will continue to log every bite this week and use my food scale a lot more.

SW 204 (Jan 15)
    GW 150
    CW 198
    progress -1 this week
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great week! I am very proud of myself for making it through two weeks of dieting! I am going to do the water challenge. I absolutely HATE water and so this will be a big challenge for me :tongue: . 94 oz of water is A LOT :drinker: but I'm going to do it :flowerforyou: .

Nitag: Sorry I didn't log back on last night... My computer decided to have technical difficulties :grumble: But I did rake pine straw out of my yard and try to get my flower beds ready for planting this spring. I worked for about 3 hours so I'd say I got a pretty good workout (I was worn out that's for sure!!). I'd say we did pretty good :bigsmile: . What are your exercise goals for this week?

Well I'm fixing to go to work :angry: so I guess I will talk to all of you later this week!
    Good luck everybody!!

Starting weight: 199 lbs (2/2/09)
    Current weight: 188 lbs (2/13/09)
    Short Term Goal weight : 180 lbs (3/2/09)
    Long Term Goal weight: 140 lbs (8/31/09)

Lacijae: I was sound asleep by 8 pm last night, my husband said I was snoring loud.. Oh well !! This exercising thing is making me so tired so much earlier..

My exercise goals this week are to walk 45 mins 7 days this week and 20 mins of strenght 3 days this week...

I am going to try to up my water.. I am currently at 16.9 oz x 5 bottles a day, thats 85.5, I don't know if I can do more but I will try..

I am mainly going to try for exercise and eating really healthy foods. I am going to only buy good foods this weekend when i am shopping...

I really love this place..

Oh.. I am in a pair of pants that I haven't been able to squeeze into in a year.. And they are really loose.. So excited...

Anita
  • markay_
    markay_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!:happy:
    I tried on a pair of jeans from 8th grade, and they actually fit..they were a little tight but bearable. Good luck everyone for the next week.

MY CHALLENGE THIS WEEK is: LOGGING my meals every day, even if I eat 2 cheeseburgers! And half my weight in oz of water! I can do it.

So this week was great for me. I'm not sure if anyone is adding to out chart but here you go!

Markay SW 368/CW 359/GW 299/ progress - 9 lbs (this week - 5)

Jackie W - I'm with you on those goals!! So do you feel better now that you've been able to rest for a while? Good for you. Have a great week!

Kelleighanne - Keep your head up girl, and have a great birthday. Good job on your weight loss.

Vonzo - I will drink half of my weight as well. GOOD LUCK!

get_fit2009 - Have fun, road trips are always a blast!

mandersen16 - You go girl! It's not all about the weight on the scale, it's also about the inches lost. So I've never known how to actually measure myself, do you start with the 1" part in the front or the back? haha I know I should know this by now, but I dont.

agapita1965 - Good work!

zano - DON'T let that get the best of you, I believe in you!! Good luck this week.

renayeb - great job on your weight loss, I've already had trouble with the sweets, but thankfully they didn't hurt my weight loss. Now I bet it will hurt me next week. So I need to be strict on myself this week.

prayerfulmom - nice job so how were you able to balance your eating away from home, i can never seem to do that when I go out of town.

Wolfena - Don't be so hard on yourself, WE ARE HERE for you girl.

adopt4 - Welcome to the TEAM, you will love it. There is so much support you won't believe it. I just joined last week, so don't feel left out. Good luck with your weight loss.

andersonchristineg - what a great way to get back on track, you are a huge inspiration to me. So good luck with your weight loss, and I hope you don't get your butt kicked too much. HAHA

LosingIt4good - great job! any tips to help me drink more water? I already switched from pop to diet pop, then from diet pop to vitamin water, now i need more help on how to get all my water in and then some.

anita - 2 lbs is great!! good for you.

lacijae - wow 3 hours in the garden, you go girl!! I wish I had a garden, because I would be out there every day. Have a great day at work.

healthymom2009 - good job!! happy early birthday. oh yeah guess when my birthday is!! christmas day, I swear as I get older, my birthday has been here's your christmas and birthday present..it sucks!!

140411.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    :heart: Wow - Everybody seems to have had a good week so far -

kelleighanne/ SW 171/ CW 168/GW / progress -3/ttl-
    get_fit2009/SW 175/CW 165/progress -.50/ttl -10
    prayerfulmom SW231/CW226/GW165/progress-2.2/ttl - (real sw is 277)
    Losingit4Good SW 240/CW 229.2/GW 170/progress -3.2/ttl -11
    healthy mom SW204/CW 198/GW 150/progress -1/ttl -6
    Lacijae SW199/CW 188/GW140/progress-1/ttl -11
    Anita SW220/CW207/GW155/progress-2/ttl -13
    Renayeb SW257/CW241/GW150/progress-4/ttl -16
    Lulubar SW205/CW195/GW145/progress-2/ttl -10
    Markay SW 368/CW 359/GW 299/ progress - 5/ttl -9

If I missed anyone - sorry:blushing:

I lost two pounds this week:bigsmile: bringing me to my first TEN POUND marker!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am just thrilled!

Happy birthday to kelleighanne and healthymom!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You girls enjoy you bid days!

CM - thanks for the new thread! You're da bomb!
    Jackie - great mindset!!! Make it happen - you can totally do this!
    getfit- have fun road trippin'
    vonzo- way to pick up the challenge!
    manderson - Bye bye inches!! Good for you.:drinker:
    agaita, renayeb,prayerful, li4g, anita and markay - wooohooooo great job ladies!!:happy: :drinker:
    zano - you go mister! Way to step up to the challenge!!
    adopt4 - welcome! You're gonna love it here - glad li4g brought you along!
    Andersonchristine - What a great challenge! And not only you benefit, but a fantastic cause as well!! you make me proud!
    Chanty - Patience girl!!!:huh: It'll be better soon, take care of yourself, eaaaaasy does it!

Happy weekend all!!

:heart: lulu
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    LosingIt4good - great job! any tips to help me drink more water? I already switched from pop to diet pop, then from diet pop to vitamin water, now i need more help on how to get all my water in and then some.

I can share what has worked for me...

When I first started with MFP I struggled to get my 8 cups (64oz) a day in. I used to work in the water industry so I know what the bennys are of drinking alot of water (i dont care what anyone says!). At first, my body retained it. It was like "whoa! what is that?" because my body wasnt used to drinking ANYTHING all day long cept my coffee in the AM. So, I started slow, aiming for 8 cups but really only getting like 6. After the first couple weeks I switched to using a 16oz water bottle and refilling it 4 times a day to get my 64oz. This worked great for me up until last week. I started struggling with remembering to fill it, especially later in the day. I always got the first 2 in in the morning, one with breakfast then one when i hit the gym (i gotta have it while I work out!) but remembering to refill it in the afternoon, especially on my busy days was impossible. My gym locker was broken into this week and someone stole my 16oz water recycled dasani bottle that I used at the gym so I decided to get a new, refillable 1 liter bottle instead. Instead of drinking 4 to get my minimum, I now only have to drink 2 to meet my quota for the day. I carry it with me EVERYWHERE I go. When its empty I refill it right away so I always have water in it.

I talked with my old boss regarding water and weight loss and he told me to aim for drinking 1/2 my weight in water ounces each day. He has been in the water industry for a VERY long time so I thought I would give it a shot. Well... 1/2 of my body weight in ounces is 114.5 ounces of water every day because I now weigh 229. At first I thought..."there is NO WAY" but since I got the bigger bottle, and carry it everywhere I go....its really not that hard. Remember, you dont want to drink all your water at once. Drink your water throughout the day. Not only does it help you feel full longer, it gets rid of toxins and things in your body that you dont need.

In the past 3 days, Ive managed to get my 114oz in ,thats a whopping 3.2 liters of water a day but since I have the bigger bottle, if I drink 3 bottles of it and I actually feels like Im drinking less even tho the bottle is bigger because I only have to fill it 3 times instead of 4. LOL Its 1:05pm here and Ive already drank 1.5 liters... thats 1/2 of my daily goal to reach the 114oz.

If you dont like the plain taste, try lemon, lime, or orange slices, a splash of cranberry or pomegranate juice or even a sprinkle of powdered tea mix in it. I love the lipton singles when I want some flavor. You dont have to mix it full strength to get a little flavor in there, in fact i use about 1/3 of a pouch in my 1L bottle if I want it. There are ALOT of different fun flavors available for those.

So... overall:

Use a bigger bottle & refill it less often
    Drink your water throughout the day. (I aim for 1/3 in the AM, 1/3 in the early afternoon, 1/3 in the later part)
    Be prepared to pee ALOT.. if you normally go all day without peein then you are dehydrated!!! Its normal to have to go every couple hours at a minimum!

Im tellin ya... once your body catches up to having alot of water being put into it you wont retain as much water as you have in the past. Your body will hang on to what it needs but wont store excess unless it is afraid it wont get enough for a while. Just like starvation mode and food, your body will go through dehydration mode if you arent drinking enough.

Hope that helps :)
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Hey, what are some of you doing for Valentine's Day and WATCH THOSE SWEETS THIS WEEKEND PEOPLE:tongue:

Well, I dunno what hubby has planned. Im babysitting tomorrow till 5pm and have some valentines crafts for the kiddo Im watching. We'll probably hang out at home and eat something good. As for sweets- yeah I'll be avoiding anything detrimental but I do have something to share with ya'll if your interested in making a sweet breakfast for your honey that is healthy!

Stuffed Chocolate Strawberry French toast

My kids leave tonight for thier dads for the weekend, so I decided to make this for them last night as a Valentines treat for dinner. Everyone thought it was very yummy! My thoughts on it were :next time I'll use fat free cream cheese instead of the fat free ricotta cuz the ricotta had a strange texture to me. Otherwise it was pretty tasty and filling! To each thier own tho :)

Anyway... sweets for your sweet dont have to be unhealthy... think outside the heart shaped box :love:

The recipe link is in my blog... but it was posted by another MFP member earlier in the recipe section if anyone would like to check it out.
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    :heart: Wow - Everybody seems to have had a good week so far -

kelleighanne/ SW 171/ CW 168/GW / progress -3/ttl-
    get_fit2009/SW 175/CW 165/progress -.50/ttl -10
    prayerfulmom SW231/CW226/GW165/progress-2.2/ttl - (real sw is 277)
    Losingit4Good SW 240/CW 229.2/GW 170/progress -3.2/ttl -11
    healthy mom SW204/CW 198/GW 150/progress -1/ttl -6
    Lacijae SW199/CW 188/GW140/progress-1/ttl -11
    Anita SW220/CW207/GW155/progress-2/ttl -13
    Renayeb SW257/CW241/GW150/progress-4/ttl -16
    Lulubar SW205/CW195/GW145/progress-2/ttl -10
    Markay SW 368/CW 359/GW 299/ progress - 5/ttl -9

If I missed anyone - sorry:blushing:

I lost two pounds this week:bigsmile: bringing me to my first TEN POUND marker!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am just thrilled!

Happy birthday to kelleighanne and healthymom!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You girls enjoy you bid days!

CM - thanks for the new thread! You're da bomb!
    Jackie - great mindset!!! Make it happen - you can totally do this!
    getfit- have fun road trippin'
    vonzo- way to pick up the challenge!
    manderson - Bye bye inches!! Good for you.:drinker:
    agaita, renayeb,prayerful, li4g, anita and markay - wooohooooo great job ladies!!:happy: :drinker:
    zano - you go mister! Way to step up to the challenge!!
    adopt4 - welcome! You're gonna love it here - glad li4g brought you along!
    Andersonchristine - What a great challenge! And not only you benefit, but a fantastic cause as well!! you make me proud!
    Chanty - Patience girl!!!:huh: It'll be better soon, take care of yourself, eaaaaasy does it!

Happy weekend all!!

:heart: lulu

Congrats on your 10lb victory LULU. I'm doing a happy dance for you.:bigsmile:
  • chantybear
    Options
    Uh I have ate over a liter of frozen yogurt in the last 4 days, and I feel so sick to my stomach!:sick: Teaches me a lesson!!:grumble: