Keto

gcooper7
gcooper7 Posts: 146 Member
Anyone else doing the Keto diet? How are your results if you are?

Replies

• DANINJ35
    DANINJ35 Posts: 5 Member
    I started yesterday 4/22. So far I feel great and am enjoying the menu planning.
  • gcooper7
    Great responses. Thank you everyone. I've been doing this already for 2 months already. I still and I've lost 18 lbs. Seem to be stuck now. Just started working out again. I suffered keto flu I think. But over all I feel good. I was just curious about others success with it.
  • texas_keto_chick
    texas_keto_chick Posts: 7 Member
    I have been on Keto for 3 months with a few slip ups but am down 30lbs.
  • Kirstyjem
    Kirstyjem Posts: 66 Member
    Hey guys, been on Keto for a couple of weeks and doing well for the most part. Still trying to work things out! Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • gcooper7
    I've only been at the same weight for a week and a half so I'm not overly concerned yet. I just started working out again so maybe that will help a little.
  • gcooper7
    Kirstyjem wrote: »
    Hey guys, been on Keto for a couple of weeks and doing well for the most part. Still trying to work things out! Anyone feel free to add me :)

The app on my phone won't let me add you. That or I'm just not savvy enough to figure it out. You can add me if you'd like.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,388 MFP Moderator
    gcooper7 wrote: »
    I've only been at the same weight for a week and a half so I'm not overly concerned yet. I just started working out again so maybe that will help a little.

Yea, definitely need more time.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member

TBH, I tend to retain water and glycogen when I start a new workout routine. If could be exercise that slowed your losses. On the bright side, it's just water weight so who cares. ;)
  • slimyouth
    slimyouth Posts: 52 Member
    I did it super strict for 5 weeks and lost 21lbs, I actually got a little bored at the end and struggled for meal ideas so I packed in, had so much more energy from not eating crap plus no alcohol whatsoever though. I did discover a really good you tube channel, headbangers kitchen, tried quiet a few of his recipes, they were really good but I also found it expensive to be on keto!
  • kyliejo83
    kyliejo83 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm trying to track my macros. Is there a setting to show net carbs? At the moment I'm seeing total carbs. So it's throwing my limits out.
  • gcooper7
    Steff46 wrote: »

Thanks I just put in a request to join that group.
  • gcooper7
    kyliejo83 wrote: »
    I'm trying to track my macros. Is there a setting to show net carbs? At the moment I'm seeing total carbs. So it's throwing my limits out.

If there is I can't find it. Maybe with a premium account?
  • gcooper7
    slimyouth wrote: »
    I did it super strict for 5 weeks and lost 21lbs, I actually got a little bored at the end and struggled for meal ideas so I packed in, had so much more energy from not eating crap plus no alcohol whatsoever though. I did discover a really good you tube channel, headbangers kitchen, tried quiet a few of his recipes, they were really good but I also found it expensive to be on keto!

I'll have to check that out.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,388 MFP Moderator
    kyliejo83 wrote: »

If there is I can't find it. Maybe with a premium account?

Even with a premium account, you cant do net carbs. I think there is a google chrome add on that can allow it.