What AREN'T you eating any more?

Options
I'd always have a Ryvita cracker with cashew nut butter or I'd have Fage greek yogurt on a regular basis but for whatever reason, I don't care to eat that any more. Do you have cycles where you naturally drop foods and pick up another food instead? I can't say that I've started with another food but I find it odd that I just stopped eating those two things. Perhaps it was something in it that I needed and now I don't anymore. Hmmm.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    Pepsi
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. I was obsessed with it, had surgery, and now I can't stand it.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Pomegranates - I was obsessed for years, but now I think it's too much work, and quality is too much hit or miss.
    Maple syrup - too expensive (around here), so I use sugar or honey instead.
  • Stationagentjules
    Stationagentjules Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hummus. Too many calories for just okay taste.
    Veggie burgers - I cycle through obsession and revulsion then back again. Right now they're a no.
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I used to love green olives. I ate them all the time, by the canful. One time I had a dream about eating a can of bad olives and I’ve never eaten them again. Can’t even stand to smell them.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Protein bars. I used to eat them with no problem before my weight-loss journey, but now I have a hard time. I still choke down a half of one before a workout, but it takes effort for me to eat it.

Also, peanut butter. Don't get me wrong - I obsess about it all day long, but too many calories and fat to justify eat regular peanut butter when I can make PB2 and get almost the same taste. (not exactly, but just enough)
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Also, peanut butter. Don't get me wrong - I obsess about it all day long, but too many calories and fat to justify eat regular peanut butter when I can make PB2 and get almost the same taste. (not exactly, but just enough)

I love PB2! I pretty much don't eat any regular nut butters anymore either.
  • MerryMavis1
    MerryMavis1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners.

Before I get a bunch of woos, here is some science behind my opinion:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/
    original source - The Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine is a PubMed-indexed, open access, quarterly journal edited by Yale medical, graduate, and professional students and peer reviewed by an extensive network of experts in the fields of biology and medicine.
    artificial sweeteners, precisely because they are sweet, encourage sugar craving and sugar dependence. Repeated exposure trains flavor preference [54]. A strong correlation exists between a person’s customary intake of a flavor and his preferred intensity for that flavor.

I use artificial sweeteners several times a day and this has not been my experience at all (I use it in my coffee and then diet soda). I definitely gravitate towards salty/savory things (I will always grab chips before a candy bar, for example). My sugar intake stays fairly low, even with using AS. Been using it for around 6 years now and have been maintaining a bmi of 20-21 for 5 of those.

OP-I definitely cycle through foods and will eat a lot of one thing for a few weeks/months and then get bored with it and move onto something different. I'm also a very seasonal eater and will change foods based on what time of year it is.

eta: My sugar intake hovers around 50g or less a day and that comes mostly from veggies (sweet potatoes etc).
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Displaying my ignorance - sorry. PB2??
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options

It's basically dehydrate peanut powder. You add water to it to get an end result that is similar tasting to peanut butter.

The one I have used is 45 calories for 2 tablespoons versus the 180-190 calories in conventional peanut butter.

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options

Powdered peanut butter. 85% less fat and tastes about the same if reconstituted with water. Very easy to add to things and mix in also.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Soda, just not worth it any more. I could use the calories on salty carbs instead
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Whole Dairy, chicken, and beer. Well I still partake the occasional piece of chicken and sometimes have beers on Friday. But unfortunately, malabsorption and IBS have gotten the better of me.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah...No peanut butter in the house at least.