Frustrated

Options
2»

Replies

• mandiegold941
    mandiegold941 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    No matter what the scale shows, don't you just feel better being off processed sugar? Are you getting enough protein for your increased exercise?
  • teckeg
    teckeg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The cheese may be causing two problems. First it has the extra calories, but even worse, it is full of sodium. You may be retaining lots of water due to excess sodium. Try to keep your sodium down and see what happens.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I do appreciate the time you took to assist me. Apparently one of my issues is that I haven't been eating enough calories and am retaining. I do eat several snacks throughout my day but they are all very low cal vegetables and an apple. ( As a nurse I'm on feet 8-10 hours and would go hypoglycemic.) The other issue is the possibility of gaining muscle. I have noticed a loss of a couple inches around my ribs and thighs. I will continue and see what occurs next week. By then I hope to have been processed sugar free for 4 weeks. Thank you all again!

Retaining water is a possibility. With so little to go losses would be small and can sometimes get masked by water weight. Muscle gain is unlikely, building muscle takes a lot of focus and effort. Get a food scale and track that way for 4-6 weeks and see how things go. Package labels can be off enough for it to matter with weight.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I do appreciate the time you took to assist me. Apparently one of my issues is that I haven't been eating enough calories and am retaining. I do eat several snacks throughout my day but they are all very low cal vegetables and an apple. ( As a nurse I'm on feet 8-10 hours and would go hypoglycemic.) The other issue is the possibility of gaining muscle. I have noticed a loss of a couple inches around my ribs and thighs. I will continue and see what occurs next week. By then I hope to have been processed sugar free for 4 weeks. Thank you all again!

Neither of these is the issue. No one doesn't lose weight because they are eating too little, and it's highly unlikely that you will built any notable muscle mass eating in a deficit.

Try the suggestion of weighing all solid food accurately on a food scale, keeping within your calorie goal, , and bear in mind that so close to goal weight, any loss will be slow and some water weight fluctuations (e.g. from exercise) may mask your loss at first.