• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    yogurt
    peanut butter
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I'd always have a Ryvita cracker with cashew nut butter or I'd have Fage greek yogurt on a regular basis but for whatever reason, I don't care to eat that any more. Do you have cycles where you naturally drop foods and pick up another food instead? I can't say that I've started with another food but I find it odd that I just stopped eating those two things. Perhaps it was something in it that I needed and now I don't anymore. Hmmm.

I think I vary things enough that they don't really get too old...

I tend to cycle between oats and beans with my eggs for breakfast, but it's usually one or the other.

The only thing I don't really consume anymore is regular soda. I have maybe one or two per year.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The only thing I know of that really changed from then to now is the milk. Prior, and for all my life before, I was a consumer of 2% milk. Upon beginning to use myfitnesspal and reading the community pages for the wisdom of other people, I learned that full-fat dairy was good both from a nutritional health but also from a mental health perspective. Now I buy only whole milk, from which I make kefir. I use both whole and non-fat milk powder in the making of my yogurt, and that's something I never did before.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal,just lost the taste for it
    Diet coke for some odd reason,used to drink 3 20 oz bottles a day now I can barely have a few sips once a week,I kind of miss that love I had for it :|
  • HealthyTardis
    HealthyTardis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, I lost my love for it.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Tuna fish & eggwhites (Dieted waaay too hard on these when on an epic cut; psychological block)
  • xFreudianSlip
    xFreudianSlip Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Soda, anything with gluten (celiac disease)
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Nothing......I still eat everything I always have. I just control how much.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Barring very special occasions, I don't get bakery treats anymore. Finding out that a cherry turnover contains 600 calories when my base calories to lose 1/2lb per week before exercise are 1400 generally makes it too high a price for too few nutrients and too little satiety.

I haven't given up desserts, by any stretch of the imagination. I just decided to only make ones that come in at 200 calories or fewer per serving.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    potato crisps
    they used to be my go to snack of choice. Now I'm all about nuts.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Desserts...but that's only because I now prefer savoury foods instead. Occasionally I'll have a little bit of dessert but it would have to be really good for me to want it.
  • Sheluvsbread2much
    Sheluvsbread2much Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The only thing I know of that really changed from then to now is the milk. Prior, and for all my life before, I was a consumer of 2% milk. Upon beginning to use myfitnesspal and reading the community pages for the wisdom of other people, I learned that full-fat dairy was good both from a nutritional health but also from a mental health perspective. Now I buy only whole milk, from which I make kefir. I use both whole and non-fat milk powder in the making of my yogurt, and that's something I never did before.
    I made kefir a few times. Didn't like it. I was on a kefir, kombucha, buttermilk kick for a bit and gave that up altogether too.
  • Sheluvsbread2much
    Options
    Oatmeal, I lost my love for it.

I don't think that can ever happen for me!
  • Sheluvsbread2much
    Options
    Peanut butter

I stopped eating peanut butter because I had to. My stomach would cramp horribly and I've been eating it all my life. I chalk it up to being older, I don't know. I can eat other nut butters, though. I'm afraid to try it again the pain was so bad. I'd sometimes open a jar at work and smell it. It still smells soooo good.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Mt. Dew. Along with the calories I have saved I have also saved a ton of money. Getting one out of the vending machine at every break and one before work one after work and several on my days off I've saved 100s of dollars and thousands of calories.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Coca cola and Doritos