Tall ladies Before and After pictures... Please

Options
2»

Replies

• meowmily
    meowmily Posts: 85
    Options
    Don't really have an "after" picture but I'm 5ft 9 and in my display picture (before and during) I'm down 20pounds (270 down to 250)
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    There was a recent thread about tall girls, I posted before and during pics there.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/270467-any-ladies-5ft-11-or-around-with-before-after-pics-for-inspi
  • jazzhottie
    Options
    *bump*

I am 6'0" Don't have any pics yet, but I would sure like to see those tall gals who do!
  • Macknbee
    Macknbee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So many great pictures, you all are definately the inspiration I have been looking for!! I can't wait to be tall and fabulous, I want to wear some high heels and not feel like a huge monster!!
  • Macknbee
    Options
    Long journey ahead, but I am soo ready... Do you ladies have any suggestions that will keep me on track?
  • Macknbee
    Options
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I don't really have any official "before" and "after" photos. I am 6'1. On the left, I am at approximately 228. On the right I am at 203.

2z5unmb.jpg

My legs and hips are still about the same, I've lost in the waist and my face though.
    It's hard to be a tall lady losing weight. It doesn't really show at first- and it's kind of depressing.

gorgeous!
  • zwartepaard
    Options
    I'm 6'0" and have always been self conscious about either my weight or my height. In the last few years, I've learned that tall is beautiful, and that has really helped me get to a better place emotionally. I've been on MFP for around 6 weeks now, but I don't have any pictures yet. I must say, having an encouraging boyfriend who is actually proud of me for making the decision to get healthy has been such a big help.

I'll see what I can do about the pictures, I should be able to find some floating around my computer somewhere. :)

Keep posting the pictures! Seeing everyone else's progress is so spectacularly encouraging. :D
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Before, obviously. Around 277 :)020610125803-1.jpg

Current: around 227 :) My ultimate goal is 180 :)
    Img_00771.jpg
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Looking great ladies!
  • Macknbee
    Options
    Before, obviously. Around 277 :)020610125803-1.jpg

Current: around 227 :) My ultimate goal is 180 :)
    Img_00771.jpg

Your before picture is where I am at right now, You look great, I hope I look that good at 227!!
  • Macknbee
    Options
    Hi Heather, I am 42 yrs your Sr., I'm 5' 11", I have a lot of health issues and I started MFP about 6 wks ago I am down 22lbs and it feels so good, You are going to do great, I looked at your food diary and I know you are going to do great, I love looking at other peoples diaries and most are not eating healthy, just watching calories, you are doing both, I would love to share in your Journey in Weight Loss and Good Health, I would like to be of any help that I can and if nothing else be there for supp

I lost my husband to cancer 16 yrs ago, and it has been down hill every sience, I have pictures of me when I was active and my weight was 145 Lbs, I will be real happy with 170-180 lbs, I AM GOING TO DO THIS AND i KNOW YOU CAN ALSO. I will try to post my pictures now and then, it will inspire us both.

Your Friend & Pal in weight lost journey. Pearl

You are too sweet, thank you for the support!! I am so excited that I found this site, everyone is soo nice and I have found nothing but encouragement!! Feel free to chat with me whenever you want about the loss, I will be sure to keep in touch with you!

Cheers,
    Heather
  • MoffettLauren
    Options
    Long journey ahead, but I am soo ready... Do you ladies have any suggestions that will keep me on track?

I'm 6' and my motivation is just the fact that I'm not a kid anymore; I can't blame anyone else for how I treat myself. I'm only one day in, but it was a good day! I'm excited about my journey, and I hope you're excited about yours! Good luck!
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    I'm 5'10" ....i'll have to get some pics of just after baby until now but first I just wanted to APPLAUD all of you for the great job that you
    have done and love seeing the inspiration you give to others with your success! Keep up the great work and feel free to friend me
    for calorie free food for thought left daily on my page. Have a fit-tabulous day, Colleen
  • carlxo21
    carlxo21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I don't really have any official "before" and "after" photos. I am 6'1. On the left, I am at approximately 228. On the right I am at 203.

2z5unmb.jpg

My legs and hips are still about the same, I've lost in the waist and my face though.
    It's hard to be a tall lady losing weight. It doesn't really show at first- and it's kind of depressing.
    on my gosh! you're as cute as a friggin button!!
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my starting weight was 265, now I'm 212.5. I'm a photographer, so it's always been convenient for me NOT to be in any pictures--what a great excuse, huh? But I don't have any before or after pictures. I really enjoy looking at all of your pics, though! Thanks, they're very encouraging! I can't wait to look as good!
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options

My mom is in AA and I use some of her AA steps - the best one for me is ONE DAY at a time! And I even try and break it down further than that. If I can eat ONE healthy meal it's a victory. If I stretch it to TWO I am winning, if it's THREE it's a hat-trick etc. I am eating disordered though so maybe this is a bit more than most people need. I have to eat right or my mental health goes out the window, but if I fail for some reason I try not to wallow in it and make it worse.

The other thing I do is try to surround myself with people who have my best interests at heart. People in the gym are good as mostly they are just trying to be healthier, people who won't sabotage me and who love me are good. Anyone who eats junk all the time or feels they need to tell me that I've got cellulite (well duh!) or that if I were thinner I would be so pretty or any such nonsense HAS TO GO!

I keep a couple of fitness magazines around for inspiration - men's, not women's as the women's ones are a bit odd sometimes. I come on here and read success stories if I feel a bit blah, and I don't talk much about my weight loss journey outside of my immediate family as I find it makes me feel bad. MFP is a lifesaver in that respect!

You'll do great, just stick at it one day at a time.
  • destinysativatank
    Options
    bumping for inspiration
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Ooooh I do love a good tall person thread!

I have a way to go before I can post any 'after' shots but you girls look great!!

Btw- I'm 6'1"- HW: 330, MFP SW: 285, CW: 275, GW: 199 UGW: 180
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!