Most ridiculous diet

Options
124»

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Can't say I've ever contemplated trying this diet, but...google "breatharianism".
    Most mental diet I've ever read about...although, I hear this "snake juice" diet is pretty *kittened* up too (involves starving an overweight person & feeding them some type of electrolyte drink occasionally to keep him/her from dying)

-"Whatever it takes, right babe?"
    Rich Piana
  • NerdyFlex
    NerdyFlex Posts: 1,672 Member
    Options
    1. Intermittent! I don’t want to offend people who are on IF but I’ve been eating like that since I was 17 because I don’t like having full stomach in the morning so I don’t eat breakfast and it was never a trend..

2. The IU diet, you must only eat 1 apple, 1 sweet potato & protein shake for a week and lost 5-10pounds a week (depends on your weight). This is very unhealthy and some people complain about feeling dizzy. I don’t know how IU could do it.

3. Paper cup diet, eat everything using 3 paper cups instead of plate.

I don’t think any of those could possibly fuel a workout hahah
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My husband watched a documentary about juicing. So, we go buy a juicer and all kinds of fresh fruits and veggies. We did that for about two weeks. Juice for breakfast and lunch. Light dinner at night. It was horrible after about four days. Never again!!

• SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Before reading here I thought fruitarianism was the worst, but @Keto_Vampire expanded my knowledge on brain disorders with breatharianism.

As for me, I lived for a year in college on microwaved potatoes, kefir and beer.
    First time I tried „dieting” (about 5 years ago) I went vegan for about three weeks. Never will I ever do that again. Not eating meat or cheese is just not in my stars.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    shele62 wrote: »
    My husband watched a documentary about juicing. So, we go buy a juicer and all kinds of fresh fruits and veggies. We did that for about two weeks. Juice for breakfast and lunch. Light dinner at night. It was horrible after about four days. Never again!!

That sounds horrible lol
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    NerdyFlex wrote: »
    I’ve done paleo before. Some would say it’s crazy but I enjoy it.

What is that?

It’s essentially eating all natural foods, nothing processed and nothing that isn’t found on the Earth naturally. Think like hunter/gatherer type of food.

That is, nothing that the guy who made it up believes wouldn't have been available to early man.

That’s a good way of summing it up

So pretty much nothing in a grocery store
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    The Cabbage Soup Diet. It was okay until day 3 and I couldn't stand the thought of eating it anymore.

I actually never heard of that diet! I'll have to look it up lol!

I tried it. I actually like Cabbage Soup. I make it every month or two.
  • NerdyFlex
    Options

What is that?

It’s essentially eating all natural foods, nothing processed and nothing that isn’t found on the Earth naturally. Think like hunter/gatherer type of food.

That is, nothing that the guy who made it up believes wouldn't have been available to early man.

That’s a good way of summing it up

So pretty much nothing in a grocery store

A good rule of thumb is if it has more than 6 ingredients, it’s been processed.
  • heatherfitz
    heatherfitz Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I just started Paleo! It's essentially a high fat/low carb diet with natural foods. It's kind of tricky when starting off, and menu planning and grocery shopping take forever (why is canola oil in EVERYTHING), but I'm feelin' it so far.
  • NerdyFlex
    Options

I just started Paleo! It's essentially a high fat/low carb diet with natural foods. It's kind of tricky when starting off, and menu planning and grocery shopping take forever (why is canola oil in EVERYTHING), but I'm feelin' it so far.

Glad you’re enjoying it! I wish you the best of luck!
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options

Paleo is a good plan. I can't adhere to it though. Especially when some paleo eaters will tell you if it's not grass fed free range you're not eating paleo. I do at times eat paleoish.
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Especially when some paleo eaters will tell you if it's not grass fed free range you're not eating paleo.

Yup - it's not a horrible plan, but a lot of their tenets are based on studies sponsored by the American Grassfed Association. It's real, and they're having a field day with die-hard paleo people!!!!! ALLLLLL the propeganda. Of course they want you to have lots of grassfed meats and no beans or soy....because that's how they make money. Check it out if you don't believe me. I dug for references back in 2014 when I tried Paleo, and that's how I even found out myself, not because someone online told me (like I'm telling y'all now).