Advanced topic about the body and calories

Options

Replies

• SugarAndSugar
    SugarAndSugar Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    People seem to have the impression that burning fat vs storing fat is an either or proposition. In reality, the body burns fat when it needs more fuel and stores fat when it has excess fuel. If you are trying to lose weight, you hope that over time the burning outpaces the storing, but they can both happen on the same day.

But now I want to know, is it a last in, first out transaction?

So i do IF and so at 1130 am i eat about 200 calories and at 3pm to 430 or 5pm i workout. Then around 530 i have usually 600-700 calories. Then around an hour or hour and half later i have dinner of 500 calories or somewhere around there. My deficit calories are 1700 so isnt that still meeting my cutting calories?

Am I understanding you right:

1700 is your calorie goal (which reflects a calorie deficit for you)
    You eat approximately 1400 calories.
    You exercise. (You don't add back any of the exercise calories, maybe?)

And you wonder if this will result in weight loss?

If I have the facts right, yes, it will result in excessively rapid and unhealthy weight loss. If you're supposed to eat 1700, eat 1700 . . . plus exercise.

The timing of eating and exercising doesn't much matter. If you put $1700 in your checking account, and write checks for $200, $700, and $500, it doesn't matter what time those checks clear your account, at the end you still have $300 left you could spend.

Calories aren't that different. They may get stored as fat until you need them, but if and when you need them, they'll get burned. (If you lose too fast, muscle might get burned in addition to fat, which wouldn't be a wonderful thing.)

I used the tdee calculator and i dont track exercise calories since i already put that in the calculator to get my tdee for cutting
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    And since when is 700 calories an exorbitant meal? That's usually one of my meals for the day.

I was wondering that myself. Breakfast this morning was close to 700 calories and it was nowhere near a "big" meal.

OP, in thread after thread, you're hugely, grossly overthinking things. Establish a reasonable calorie deficit, eat a reasonable diet in whatever timing/manner works best for you, and keep on trucking. Stop majoring in the minors.

I recommend that the 700 calories be in the form of a cake sandwich.

I like your style.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    So, this topic is not advanced. It's pretty basic. Think of fat stores like a bank account where the goal is to end over drawn at the end of the day, week, month. All day long you eat. Deposit fat. Fast between meals. Withdraw fat. Over and over. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that you made more withdrawals than deposits.

That's it. Don't overthink it. There is nothing else that really matters.

So techinally speaking you could pig out 1 day and fast for 3 days and lose more fat then gained?

Yes. I usually eat low for a few days before I know I'm going to indulge in something that wouldn't normally fit in my calorie goals. I use a weekly average rather than a daily total and as long as that's in a deficit, I lose weight.
  • SugarAndSugar
    SugarAndSugar Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »
    So, this topic is not advanced. It's pretty basic. Think of fat stores like a bank account where the goal is to end over drawn at the end of the day, week, month. All day long you eat. Deposit fat. Fast between meals. Withdraw fat. Over and over. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that you made more withdrawals than deposits.

So techinally speaking you could pig out 1 day and fast for 3 days and lose more fat then gained?

Yes. I usually eat low for a few days before I know I'm going to indulge in something that wouldn't normally fit in my calorie goals. I use a weekly average rather than a daily total and as long as that's in a deficit, I lose weight.

Ahh
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I've shifted to OMAD for the last 15 pounds I lost, no I can't say I've put on extra pocket of fats while still losing weight. To me there's no difference than when I ate 3 times a day except I'm not as hungry.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    When I first started, I felt my stomach bloated, no Its no the same as feeling fat, feeling fat is looking at a mirror and selfie and actually seeing fat on you, I use to be really obese and just entered the overweight range the last month, I feel as thin as I've ever been, bloated is recognizing you stuffed yourself and it's temporary.

The bloating usually goes down throughout the day and by midday, I feel normal again, by this time, I'm just glad the bloating is gone and I honestly don't want anything to do with food, by sun down, I'm not hungry at all. I feel the hunger creep on when it's 24 hours later which is when I have to eat again.

Lately, I don't feel bloated anymore, maybe my stomache stretched to make room and it's adapted to my eating but as far as hunger goes, it's the same.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

You could. But why would you?