Shedding 90 lbs in ONE year...anyone successful?

Options
My trainer said this is possible. I’m currently at 215 pounds and would love to weigh 130-140 lbs... Honestly what’s on the scale is just a number. If I’m content and confident with how my body looks in the mirror, I’ll be happy. As of now, I’m just a little too *soft* for my liking. I would love to be fit and curvy! I’ve got natural curves so I’m hoping to keep them on this weight loss journey.

Anyone was/is in the same boat as me?

Replies

• long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am! I aim for 150 and currently weigh 230. Yes, it is possible. I have gotten down to 170 in six months a few years ago. Let's do it!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 100 pounds in 13 months so thats close enough....From 235 to 135. May or may not be possible, But you can get a big chunk in so no worrying just go and do the things and enjoy whatever results come
  • rcreynol3090
    rcreynol3090 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    78 lbs in 9 months, but I'm practically at goal now. Maybe 6 lbs more just to get below 200...
  • squeaker87
    squeaker87 Posts: 82 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Edited. My bad I didn’t realize she already posted here.
  • Sthsidirish
    Sthsidirish Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    GrahamJ78 wrote: »
    I don't recommend it though as it's simply not sustainable.

Why do you believe it is simply unsustainable? I lost 120 lbs in 10.5 months, moved to maintenance and this morning weighed 1 pound less than I did at goal.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Absolutely possible but everybody's different. It's amazing how your body can respond in great ways if you are determined and set goals and put your mind to it. I'm half way to 100 lbs lost and it's only been 82 days. I'm doing keto plus intermittent fasting. I eat once a day in a 30 to 45 min window. I'm also weight training and mountain biking regularly. Find what works best for you and stay focused and you will be successful.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I lost about 107 lbs in one year.... I've got another 20 or so to go.

But I started at 288, not 215...... I think that's going to be the biggest factor.

• Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I think it's possible! I lost 74lbs in 8 and a half months. I didn't have more to lose, but I imagine that if I did and I had kept up that pace it would happen. Good luck!
  • toseeme
    toseeme Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think it's possible! I lost 74lbs in 8 and a half months. I didn't have more to lose, but I imagine that if I did and I had kept up that pace it would happen. Good luck!

This is my current goal! What did you do? I need to know
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Yes. 5'7" female, starting weight 221, took me a year to lose 60lbs. Goal weight is 145, currently weigh 161. It's been a struggle to lose the last 15.

I started Strong Curves and in the last 45 days my body has changed so much (for the better). Shapely, smaller waist, big upper body gains and no change on the scale.

I am less concerned about the scale now but am still at a deficit. It's not impossible to lose what you want to lose in a year but you may be unhappy with the results afterwards meaning "skinny fat". You can look at my before and after photo...161 doesn't look too bad.
  • toseeme
    toseeme Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    toseeme wrote: »

This is my current goal! What did you do? I need to know

No special diets, just logging my calories here and always staying within my goal. I am pretty disciplined, even my cheat meals came in within my calories for the day. I did give up soda, but only because I can't control myself with it and I hate diet soda. I eat less carbs than before but that's because there is not a lot of room for them. I still have a sandwich every day, pizza once a week and a small treat almost daily. I just don't have a huge bowl of pasta for dinner every night! I work out 6 days a week. A mix of cardio, circuit training and strength training. My advice would be to weigh everything. Be honest with your logging and you will be able to do it!! Good luck!

Funny you should mention weighing everything. I was thinking the same thing as I am having a hard time sometimes logging accurately. Thanks for sharing.

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Hiii! Been maintaining for a year and a half, but yep!

5'2", started at just over 200lbs (getting close to morbidly obese at my height). Been at 103lbs now for a while.

I don't know what my actual high weight was, that was my hospital-logged weight after not being able to hold anything down for a week (including water, to the point I was vomiting blood). >___>; But yep, about a year.

Didn't exercise much (now I do a lil bit, wanted to regain some muscle mass).
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Yes. I lost 105 lbs during 2017, starting at 317 lbs & now down to 200 lbs with about 45 more lbs to go to reach my goal weight.
  • Andy10725
    Andy10725 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    8 month in and lost 66 lb. (slacked off for 2 months in between). So yeah, it is possible
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!