What AREN'T you eating any more?

Options
12346»

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    VeggieBat wrote: »
    So far I've only cut out regular sodas, sweet tea, and butter. Honestly it has helped the weight loss a lot

Butter? :'(

I quit putting it on things (like toast or muffins) but still put it in things (when called for in a recipe). It really doesn't make that much difference because I never really used it all that much. I was working on lowering sat fat because my LDL was over 100. I don't have any cardiovascular problems, so it is really okay for it to be were it is, but I really want it lower. I got it down from 116 to 110, doing the oatmeal thing, avoiding sat fats and walking more.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Regular calorie frozen deserts is all that comes to mind (not worth the calories to me vs a fruit sorbet, halo-top, or some nice cream). The same goes for regular calorie soda (but I do consume diet soda).
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    This thread can't make up its mind whether it's the OP's "foods I stopped eating because I no longer care for them" or a "foods I stopped eating because they aren't worth the calories" thread.

I used to eat peanut butter and banana toast every. single. day. for months, but I guess I burned myself out because I transitioned to Greek yogurt with jam, got sick of that, and am currently on a cottage cheese kick. I am perfectly happy eating the same snack every single day for a week at a time, until suddenly I'm not. I like variety in my dinners, but I'm lazy when it comes to snacks.

But no red wine. Ever. Food poisoning ruined red wine for me, and the smell will forever make me want to vomit.
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners.

Before I get a bunch of woos, here is some science behind my opinion:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/
    original source - The Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine is a PubMed-indexed, open access, quarterly journal edited by Yale medical, graduate, and professional students and peer reviewed by an extensive network of experts in the fields of biology and medicine.
    artificial sweeteners, precisely because they are sweet, encourage sugar craving and sugar dependence. Repeated exposure trains flavor preference [54]. A strong correlation exists between a person’s customary intake of a flavor and his preferred intensity for that flavor.

I guess I am some kind of freak then. I use Splenda in my coffee every morning and drink diet Pepsi all day, yet, I prefer chips and Doritos over candy or ice cream...
  • DewGracen
    DewGracen Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    String cheese, cheese dip, chips, milk and white chocolate, all other candy except dark chocolate & Darrell Lea black liquorice, dried fruit, full-fat ice cream, Popsicles, fruit snacks, fruit roll-ups, white bread/buns, donuts, toast, Rice Krispie treats, granola bars, cereal, frozen pizza, fried chicken, Marie Callender’s, nuts, bakery cookies & cake, Mexican food, Chinese buffets, pizza buffets, buffets in general, Tropical Smoothie, & prob. more. To think that I was picky even before this