Any over 60’s ?

Options
I would like to loose 40lbs slowly

Replies

• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Hi :). I’m also 62. I’ve been here since January and have lost 24 pounds so far, and working on my last-ish 14 or so. Best of luck!
  • densa56
    densa56 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! 40 lbs is my current goal.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I am 61 and have lost 20 since november. 35 left to go. It can be done it's all up to you and your will :)
  • lorettadawkins2329
    lorettadawkins2329 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    62 and new to this in my 2 week phase from 255 Oct to 200 April 4/28/218
  • Beachrunner54
    Beachrunner54 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @workinonit1956 you are my hero! Did you have weeks where you stayed on track but didn’t lose? I’m 60 and staying on track, but wow it’s taking me a long time ..I’m “supposed” to be set up to lose 1 lb a week, with my calories ..I’m only losing .5 average. So for the month of April I’m down 2, not sure why I’m not losing a tad bit more
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Sure. There's lots of seasoned citizens here. I'm 63. I've lost about 45 pounds so far in a year. Another 20 or 30 to go. Add me as a friend if you like. I log in here everyday. Happy to provide encouragement and support.

There's a couple of MFP groups for like minded people.

The 40+ club - we all qualify for that.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/433277/40-club-where-the-cool-kids-are#latest

An over 50 group
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group
  • NanaDoreen715
    NanaDoreen715 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m 60 and have been overweight since I left the Air Force. I need to lose 80 pounds. My dietician recommended using MFP.
    Since 3 April, I’ve lost 6 pounds. I track everything! Unfortunately I’m unable to exercise at this time.
  • jblaine00
    jblaine00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well into retirement and need to lose a lot. Started and stopped logging, but logging seems to be the key for me. I simply stop eating once I reach the allotted calories for the day. Counting 10 pounds at a time. The block for me seems to be lack of activity, but with nice weather here, I plan to be more active. This is my first week this time around.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I am in that demographic as well. Down 40+ since joining MFP almost 3 years ago. Been maintaining for about a year and I'm now starting to try and whittle a little more fat off my carcass. I'll be going by pants size not the scale.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    60yo, began New Years 2018, 60lb down, plenty to go
  • lorabelllee
    lorabelllee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 59 and would like to lose 30 or 35. You seasoned "losers" are amazing and very motivating. I've been a member for several years but never was consistent with my logging (or exactly truthful) . I have a different (read that as "better") mindset now but I am still learning. Continued success to you all and good luck to the ones just starting their journey! May we all aim high and reach the sky ...and our goals!
  • lexley66
    lexley66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m 65,started weighing 203’last weigh I Inweighed 195, but it keep fluctuating from 200. I have been trying to lose the weight fast,but by reading everyone’s post , I realize slow and steady will win the race
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    @workinonit1956 you are my hero! Did you have weeks where you stayed on track but didn’t lose? I’m 60 and staying on track, but wow it’s taking me a long time ..I’m “supposed” to be set up to lose 1 lb a week, with my calories ..I’m only losing .5 average. So for the month of April I’m down 2, not sure why I’m not losing a tad bit more
    I most definitely had weeks where I had no loss, then a woosh. Other weeks where it dropped a bit more regularly. Keep at it and make sure your logging is as accurate as possible—the logging was key for me. I don’t know how much you have to lose, but it does slow down as you get close to goal or don’t have a lot to lose in the first place.