Any over 60’s ?

Options
2»

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You have opened up a few different message boards with no intention of participating? Whats up?
  • FlugDolgur
    FlugDolgur Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 68 and still hanging in there, although not concerned about my weight, I'm working on improving my aerobic fitness with a goal of getting off of BP meds again.
  • Beachrunner54
    Beachrunner54 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @workinonit1956 thank you thank you thank you!! I needed to hear that:) I have 15 more lbs to lose...I’m not stopping!! So much motivation here-i love reading what everyone suggests and their tips. Xo
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    @workinonit1956 thank you thank you thank you!! I needed to hear that:) I have 15 more lbs to lose...I’m not stopping!! So much motivation here-i love reading what everyone suggests and their tips. Xo
    You are so welcome! Another thought is, between changes on the scale don’t forget those “non scale victories” like clothes getting looser and being able to move about easier. So much good stuff! Best of luck to you :)

• Peanut1561
    Peanut1561 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 59 and just joined less than two weeks ago. I have 100 lbs to loose. I have lost close to 30 so far. Trying to eat healthy, in small portions, low sugars as I am also diabetic. This is all new to me but I am determined to do this. Could use friends and motivation.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    kittybenn wrote: »
    I'm 68. Two years ago, I decided to get serious and start logging here. I've lost 87 lbs and still have 30+ to go. I think it helps to decide you're going to never stick your head in the sand again. I've logged every day, even when I've been kind of goofing off and not losing weight, sometimes for months at a time.

Slowly is the very best way to lose weight, mine is slow and been hampered by two major ops in three months, gotta keep at this. Good luck
  • Imatrekkie
    Imatrekkie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 62. Down 60 pounds, but joined MFP because I've hit a plateau. I'd certainly welcome any friend requests from folks in my age range!
  • jmr5681
    jmr5681 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just turned 60 this year and I have been doing MFP for only less than a week. My goal is to lose around 10-15 pounds in the next couple of months. I like the fact that MFP can "predict" how soon I will able to reach my goal. I also watch my carbs (that's one of the main reason I started to use MFP).
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'm 59..... that's close. ;)

I joined April 2017 and have lost 111 lbs so far, about another 20lbs to go.

Logging everyday and staying as active as two bad knees allo is the key for me.

I'm on everyday and enjoy two way interaction..... feel free to add me. :)
  • 5838fish623
    5838fish623 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Turned 70 this year. I'd rather wear out than rust out so I'm on here to stay active.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    67 y/o here -recovering from a surgery - need to gain a few lbs that I lost from that -
  • Rita7Denise
    Rita7Denise Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 64 and I need to lose 40-50 lbs. I am losing, slowly. I have been logging and I do Y group exercises twice a week. I really need to walk more.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'm 54 ... marching towards 60 (God willing). I know it's a cliche, but I honestly believe more than ever that age is just a number.

When confronted with some serious health issues, my father lost about 80 pounds when he was in his 70's. I figure if he can do it, I can do it. Plus, I want to start now before I'm staring at the same kinds of health issues he faced / faces.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    70 yo, lost -195 Lbs from 376 to 181 since January 2013. Joined WW.

I also used MFP Challenge the past two years to lose 52 Pounds In 52 Weeks and I lost 37/43 to get to near my GW.

Good luck.

• stubbemand5157
    stubbemand5157 Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hello, I’m new and just turned 60. I’m trying to figure out how to follow people.?!
    I’m used to Weight Watchers “Facebook like” page and I’m having trouble w/ this set up.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    turned 64 in March, lost 50 lbs, welcome
  • nimue1
    nimue1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    63 here, Lost 30 lbs since January 26. Slow but not impossible. Loving the way I feel.
  • LColl3227
    LColl3227 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just saw this today. Good luck to you. I've kept off 20 + pounds now for quite a while, but it inches back on! So I've "rediscovered" five of those pounds so it's time to get back with the program again. Good luck to you! Feel free to correspond if that helps you.
  • 1Ramsay
    1Ramsay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 63 and go up and down like a yoyo. Currently 83 kilos and on day 2 of healthy eating and cardio exercise