Metamucil Challenge?

Options
HappyKat5
HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
I'm probably late on this but I just saw an ad about doing Metamucil for 14 days. I am not suppose to eat fiber due to Digestive issues (but I have been because I miss fruits and vegetables in their natural state.) Even cooking them down has been creating a problem for me. I grew up on those foods so its hard for me to part with them. I was going to start this challenge tomorrow to see if I feel less bloated. I am a little worried that I will be feel full and won't get in my calories, but I want to try it at least for a couple of days. I didn't know if anyone else wanted to join...so putting it out there in case someone does. Here I come Metamucil. I hope it doesn't taste like crap :D

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't have fiber so you are going to chug fiber?
  • HappyKat5
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @concordancia I feel like it would be easier to drink and digest then having the actual the fiber from raw fruit/veggies. It’s more like an experiment.

My digestive tract runs slow but usually deals with liquids better.
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Digest? I thought Psyllium was dietary fiber (i.e. indigestible).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,294 Member
    Options
    Please talk to your medical team before doing this.
  • HappyKat5
    Options
    @kpsyche You are right, this type of fiber shouldn’t absorb in the body but push through food and collect stuff as it goes through the digestive tract.
    I can’t tolerate most fiber in a raw state, but I just feel that I could do it in a liquid form. Like I said before... it’s just an experiment.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Metamucil doesn't do s%^t for me.
  • HappyKat5
    Options
    @AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Please talk to your medical team before doing this.

Thank you for the concern. I really mean that, I really do. However, I’m at the end of my treatment and nothing else can be done. I’ve exhausted all my options at this time. Maybe something will come up tomorrow.

• HappyKat5
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Metamucil doesn't do s%^t for me.

Damn it! :D:D:)

• mrsjhardin
    mrsjhardin Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    My hubby tried it a few years ago and it didn't do anything really.