What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    So, there's too many people that don't know what Wawa is and I find that to be a damn shame

Had to Google. :#
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    CatsIvuE wrote: »
    Flag Day

It's a pretty great day.
  • steve_bb
    steve_bb Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Shoulder surgery tomorrow :( then 8-10 weeks of recovery! I'm not a good patient.
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    Can't even explain what I've felt this weekend and today. The other night two of my oldest son's friends were shot and one killed in what looks like a random robbery attempt. They were 16 & 17 and the suspect was another kid at their school, a freshman at 15. My son was supposed to be with them...and I am trying to wrap my head around it all. I've dealt with this in life myself, but there is something exponentially worse when it is children you know and the possibility of what might have happened with your son.

Anyway...not the best weekend.

Absolutely terrifying. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, as well as your sons and their friends' parents.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Can't even explain what I've felt this weekend and today. The other night two of my oldest son's friends were shot and one killed in what looks like a random robbery attempt. They were 16 & 17 and the suspect was another kid at their school, a freshman at 15. My son was supposed to be with them...and I am trying to wrap my head around it all. I've dealt with this in life myself, but there is something exponentially worse when it is children you know and the possibility of what might have happened with your son.

My condolences to your son, your son's friend's family and to your family for losing one of his friends in the manner his young life was robbed from you all.

I hope that your son's surviving friend has speedy recovery with no complications.

As precarious as our lives are daily, I'm thankful that your son ChaelAZ was not with his buddies over the weekend. [Hugs]
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    I feel slightly sad and more than slightly less smart than I perceived myself to be.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options

In your time of grief and healing, forced to acknowledge how close to losing your son this weekend proved to be, I am pleased that whatever determined to affect your son's absence from that scene, is the reason you still have him in your life. When you've dealt with and have survived all manner of gun violence, as a parent and an adult, not-a-one wishes to have children be caught in the middle of any of that.

Thinking of you and your family, the parents and family of your son's surviving friend and the parents who are mourning the loss of their child.

So sorry ChaelAZ [Hugs]
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,451 Member
    Options
    steve_bb wrote: »
    Shoulder surgery tomorrow :( then 8-10 weeks of recovery! I'm not a good patient.

I hope it goes well bestie .. :*
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,451 Member
    Options

Chael that's terrible, Glad your son was not amongst and so sad for the parents of the other .. this is happening all to often (hugs)
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I can already hear my alarm going off tomorrow for work in my head. I'm not ready.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Holy cow. So sorry Chael.