OMAD

Options
Started OMAD a few days ago. Seeing early results. I'm excited. This will be pretty easy.

Replies

• h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I stopped doing OMAD when it stopped being easy
  • DennisB81
    DennisB81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How much did you lose on it?
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Any plan only works if it keeps you below your maintenance calories and is sustainable for you.

While I don't strictly do OMAD, I eat most of my calories in one meal. I have a very small breakfast and lunch, no snacks, and then a large dinner. It works for my lifestyle and I stay within my calories.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

Any plan only works if it keeps you below your maintenance calories and is sustainable for you.

While I don't strictly do OMAD, I eat most of my calories in one meal. I have a very small breakfast and lunch, no snacks, and then a large dinner. It works for my lifestyle and I stay within my calories.

I am starting to think I am the only one, or one of very few, that eats the biggest meal of the day at lunch.
  • SuzySunshine99
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

I am starting to think I am the only one, or one of very few, that eats the biggest meal of the day at lunch.

Everyone's different as far as what keeps you satisfied and works with your life. I have a crazy busy work day, so don't have time for a big meal anyways. I want to cook a nice, relaxing, big meal in the evening to enjoy with my husband.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options

My best friend usually does her biggest meal at lunch and my mom often only eats lunch. Personally, I'm in the evening gang and do my biggest meal at supper.
  • NovusDies
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @suzysunshine6901 It wasn't a criticism in favor of lunch I just keep wondering where others like me are hiding.

@serindipte Why isn't your friend or mom a member here?!? All the cool kids are at the dinner table and I have to sit by myself.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    OMAD was too tough for me! I settled on splitting my calories between two meals. Lunch around 1pm and dinner at 6pm.
  • SuzySunshine99
    Options
    @suzysunshine6901 It wasn't a criticism in favor of lunch I just keep wondering where others like me are hiding.

@serindipte Why isn't your friend or mom a member here?!? All the cool kids are at the dinner table and I have to sit by myself.

Oh, I wasn't taking offense! I think it's interesting to see what works for different people. That's why I hate when people give blanket advice like there's only one right way to achieve your goals.

And yes, all the cool kids are at the dinner table and ignoring you freaky big lunch people. :p
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    OMAD was too tough for me! I settled on splitting my calories between two meals. Lunch around 1pm and dinner at 6pm.

Exactly the same here. Once I started running/walking over my lunch break, the LOOONG afternoon waiting for dinner was no longer do-able. Plus I realized I was inhaling a huge dinner without really enjoying it at all.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

I eat my biggest meal at lunch too, but for me it's cultural. It's what we've always done.

On topic: I only do OMAD or close when I know I will be eating something very calorie heavy. I don't like it otherwise because I can't get my protein on point and I dislike the lack of variety.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    Oh, I wasn't taking offense! I think it's interesting to see what works for different people. That's why I hate when people give blanket advice like there's only one right way to achieve your goals.

And yes, all the cool kids are at the dinner table and ignoring you freaky big lunch people. :p

It is interesting and I agree about blanket advice. I try to always say something like 'this is what I have found works for me' but I probably forget sometimes. I do try to encourage people to study themselves because figuring me out has been a big help this time around.

I will give my lunch movement a shiny diet name like 'High Noon Calorie Shootout' and people will flock to the new flavor and then the HNCSers will have the last laugh.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    I eat my biggest meal at lunch too, but for me it's cultural. It's what we've always done.

On topic: I only do OMAD or close when I know I will be eating something very calorie heavy. I don't like it otherwise because I can't get my protein on point and I dislike the lack of variety.

Good. I was really wondering where my peeps were.

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options

I eat a much larger dinner. I just sleep better with food in the belly.
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Reading through this thread I am beginning to think I'm the freaky one. Sometimes my biggest meal is breakfast, sometimes it's lunch, but usually it's dinner. Maybe I should see a doctor about this????????????
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    If I could plan my day around my eating, I'd definitely eat the vast majority of my cals mid-day... but that just doesn't work for me right now based on my training times, family schedules, etc.