Favourite crunchy snacks?

nyponbell
nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
These days, I often find myself craving crunch in the evening (especially). Any ideas?

I am vegetarian/vegan and prefer cold crunchy snacks, but lay them all on me in case other people want to use this thread to find ideas too!

Replies

• Copper_Boom
    Copper_Boom Posts: 85 Member
    Pickles!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    carrots
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Roasted chickpeas , carrot sticks , apples
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Carrots with peanut butter is my go to snack. I love it.
  • dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    Celery or cucumber works for me.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    pistachios, cashews...mmm fat + salt
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Pop Corners, Pretzels, Baby Carrots
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I have recently found siracha almonds.
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    I've been loving celery topped with cottage cheese mixed with hot sauce and sprinkled with kosher salt - I'm not sure if there's a vegan dupe? If not, celery topped with anything is good for a crunch craving. I also second the carrots and pickles!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    kemoon0915 wrote: »
    I've been loving celery topped with cottage cheese mixed with hot sauce and sprinkled with kosher salt - I'm not sure if there's a vegan dupe? If not, celery topped with anything is good for a crunch craving. I also second the carrots and pickles!

Oh, celery and PB!
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    A bag full of chopped crunchy veggies -daikon; kohlrabi; celery; red peppers; raw cauiflower; carrots, etc., with toasted almonds.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,974 Member
    Crispy broad beans or chickpeas; puppodums; pickles; sauerkraut; jicama; celeriac; popcorn; microwaved pasta para duros coated with chili powder & popcorn salt; freeze dried fruit or veggies; dry-roasted soybeans . . . .

Baked coconut chips are tasty, but a bit high in calories for the amount of nutrition.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Pickles and pickled okra are my faves. Carrots and fresh cherry tomatoes are at the top of the list as well. Sugar snap peas when fresh from the farmers market are simply amazing...
  • DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    Put a bag of freeze dried fruit in the fridge or freezer (however cold you like it) overnight. Yummm!!! Or if you semi-solid crunchy, I buy Santa Cruz crunchy peanut butter. No added sugars or harmful oils.

I also am fond of putting mandarins in the freezer overnight for breakfast. I let them defrost a bit, and bite into them. It had a little crunch, juicy, and sweet. I also make my own "fries" by chopping a potato of choice onto a plate into diced cubes, and pop them in the microwave for 7 minutes. It's a bit overkill, but it makes the potatoes very crunchy and to my liking.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    As a nice treat I enjoy Harvest Snaps snap pea crisps. I also love pistachios, baby carrots with hummus, and wasabi peas.
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Such great advice! I am at the store right now and had forgotten to put popcorn on my list (and have also added pickles). Sadly allergic to peanuts, but might check out their other selection of nutbutters (have only tried one or two).

Thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming!!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    I'm obsessed with those snack packs of dried nori right now. So good. We get the big Costco packages of them and I assume I'm going to die of iodine poisoning any day now because I can't stop eating them :lol:
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    I'm going in a different direction and suggesting either chocolate or caramel rice cakes with our without PB (or in my case Trader Joe's cookie butter).
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Crispy broad beans or chickpeas; puppodums; pickles; sauerkraut; jicama; celeriac; popcorn; microwaved pasta para duros coated with chili powder & popcorn salt; freeze dried fruit or veggies; dry-roasted soybeans . . . .

Baked coconut chips are tasty, but a bit high in calories for the amount of nutrition.

@AnnPT77 I'm intrigued by these crispy broad beans you mention. Do you make them or buy them prepared? If the latter, is there a particular brand you rec? They sound like something I'd really like.
  • bertabugg
    bertabugg Posts: 28 Member
    I'm loving the sweet potato popchips. Every once in awhile I want that light potato chip crunch and these are yummy.