My diet plan - good or bad?

Options
13»

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Since it doesn't appear that you really want discussion about it, I'll just directly answer the question you posed in the title of the thread:
    My diet plan - good or bad?

Bad.

+2

I also have a question to add.

What happens to your after raquetball bike ride if the wind changes direction?
  • kimberley1975mfp
    kimberley1975mfp Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is not meant to be rude AT ALL. I’m just wondering (because until last July when I joined MFP I had no clue how much I was actually consuming and how little I was burning in a day until I actually started logging which I have every day for 290 days) if you’ve been drinking meal replacements and are truly burning 4000 calories a day (which seems extremely high to me but) and you weigh 250lbs then how many meal replacements are you drinking? And how many calories are in them?

Personally I started last June at 222lbs and now I weigh 153lbs. I didn’t do anything except for stick to 1200 calories a day and I also don’t eat back my calorie burn. So in a year almost I lost safely and have kept it off. Rarely fluctuate. And I eat actual food. I didn’t use any special diets or anything trending. Just a regular 1200 calorie a day lifestyle and now I’m almost to goal at which point I will increase to my maintenance intake of 2000 calories a day.

Everyday I learn something new about food and about myself. Looking back I can see why I weighted what I did and it’s because we often don’t realize that everything that we put in our mouths adds up quickly if we don’t make the right choices. I’ve learned a lot. Everyone is different and what works for one person doesn’t work for someone else. But calorie counting does work. It’s a no fail if you are honest with yourself and your MFP diary.

I wish all the best on your journey
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I can understand why OP enjoys a mostly liquid diet. My husband replaces most of his meals with high calorie protein shakes as he simply is not hungry enough to eat solid food. He has always not had much of an appetite and using the meal replacements helps him get his calories (I'm the opposite I love food). Being judgemental about OP's choice of diet is not answering the question they orginally asked.

How do you give an opinion on good vs bad without a judgement?

While this product claims to provide 100% of what you need, it doesn't seem to actually tell you how much fiber it has. The macros seem off to me, but I didn't really do the math. Specifically, having more than twice as many carbs as protein seems odd, but the 4 servings necessary to get to the 100% RDA of the vitamins would provide 120g of protein, which isn't bad. It certainly makes a gallant effort on providing minerals.

I don't think your digestive system will be happy with you in the long term.