yibxzm14ahd8.png
According to http://weighwhatwhen.com/

That’s at 1600kcal a day.

Does that sound right?

Replies

• candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    what does 'plan A with cheat days' mean?

It’s 1600kcal and once a month 2100kcal sorry.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    candistyx wrote: »

is 2100 maintenance?

it sounds like very slow loss to me, given your starting weight, but 1600 cals is a reasonable amount, so why don't you try it? are you still planning to fast 2 days a week?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    It doesn't sound right unless you are extremely short. Are you sure you have entered your stats correctly? I'm slightly lighter than you, entered my stats, set calories to 1600 and once a month 2100 and it gave me a prediction of 12 kg a year (which is very close to what I usually lose yearly).
  • candistyx
    Options

is 2100 maintenance?

it sounds like very slow loss to me, given your starting weight, but 1600 cals is a reasonable amount, so why don't you try it? are you still planning to fast 2 days a week?
    I wasn’t necessarily planning to do that every week (husband isn’t keen on it anyway) just from time to time. Next time I plan to do is in the run up to my birthday so I can eat a bit more on my birthday (15th May) and conversly so I don’t want to eat too much on my birthday and ruin it lol.

I already eat 1600kcal a day generally at the moment but I’m trying to predict the future lol. Some weeks I’ve lost a kg other weeks I’ve lost nothing and I’ve only been losing for 2 months and not been consistent (3 weeks of that I was closer to a 2000kcal average, some weeks a 1000kcal average) but my overall has been 10kg but I know that’s mostly water weight and it’s going to slow loads as time goes on and I want to know what I can expect.
  • candistyx
    Options
    It doesn't sound right unless you are extremely short. Are you sure you have entered your stats correctly? I'm slightly lighter than you, entered my stats, set calories to 1600 and once a month 2100 and it gave me a prediction of 12 kg a year (which is very close to what I usually lose yearly).
    I put 167cm and 109kg. Maybe it thought I meant lbs but I definitely selected metric.
  • amusedmonkey
    Options
    I put 167cm and 109kg. Maybe it thought I meant lbs but I definitely selected metric.

You're about my height, so your results shouldn't be too far off. I selected metric too and gave me 12 kg for a year. Check that you entered your height and year of birth correctly.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

is 2100 maintenance?

I wasn’t necessarily planning to do that every week (husband isn’t keen on it anyway) just from time to time. Next time I plan to do is in the run up to my birthday so I can eat a bit more on my birthday (15th May) and conversly so I don’t want to eat too much on my birthday and ruin it lol.

I already eat 1600kcal a day generally at the moment but I’m trying to predict the future lol. Some weeks I’ve lost a kg other weeks I’ve lost nothing and I’ve only been losing for 2 months and not been consistent (3 weeks of that I was closer to a 2000kcal average, some weeks a 1000kcal average) but my overall has been 10kg but I know that’s mostly water weight and it’s going to slow loads as time goes on and I want to know what I can expect.

a weight trending app will tell you? libra or happy scale
  • candistyx
    Options

You're about my height, so your results shouldn't be too far off. I selected metric too and gave me 12 kg for a year. Check that you entered your height and year of birth correctly.

Kg a month is still pretty slow going. Might try cutting calories some more in that case. I feel kind of overfull with 1600 on OMAD anyway. I want to be finished with the losing phase in 2 and a half years so I can get pregnant again. So I need to be losing 2kg a month at least.
  • candistyx
    Options

is 2100 maintenance?

Nah happy scale just overestimates my current rate of loss and then depresses me when I plateau.
  • amusedmonkey
    Options

Kg a month is still pretty slow going. Might try cutting calories some more in that case. I feel kind of overfull with 1600 on OMAD anyway. I want to be finished with the losing phase in 2 and a half years so I can get pregnant again. So I need to be losing 2kg a month at least.

In my experience, 1 kg a month averages out to about 1800 net calories. This calculator may be taking the statistical slow down seen in studies, but that's mostly because people tend to get bored of dieting and start eating more than the calories they set out to eat in the beginning. 6 years of tracking, which included eating at maintenance for a while every year, puts me at around 7800-8000 calories deficit per kg, which is faster than what this calculator gave me. I wouldn't worry about this calculator. Just get a trending app and record your daily weight.
  • candistyx
    Options

is 2100 maintenance?

Nah happy scale just overestimates my current rate of loss and then depresses me when I plateau.

not losing for a couple of weeks, or gaining weight is all part of normal weight loss.. if you're in it for the long run, then you need to accept that and get over it.
    I want a prediction that takes that into account instead of overestimates.
  • candistyx
    Options

In my experience, 1 kg a month averages out to about 1800 net calories. This calculator may be taking the statistical slow down seen in studies, but that's mostly because people tend to get bored of dieting and start eating more than the calories they set out to eat in the beginning. 6 years of tracking, which included eating at maintenance for a while every year, puts me at around 7800-8000 calories deficit per kg, which is faster than what this calculator gave me. I wouldn't worry about this calculator. Just get a trending app and record your daily weight.
    I’m worried I’m going to accidentally eat too much early on when my extra mass gives me more tdee and thus more potential deficit and then once I’m smaller and have much less tdee to cut from I won’t be able to do anything about it and I’ll be stuck losing weight for 10 years and won’t get to have any more kids.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

is 2100 maintenance?

not losing for a couple of weeks, or gaining weight is all part of normal weight loss.. if you're in it for the long run, then you need to accept that and get over it.

how can it? an app doesn't know at which time of your cycle you retain water, it doesn't know that you ate a high sodium meal, or you did a workout that gave you DOMS , or you ate more carbs than normal, or you've been so busy at work you haven't drunk enough water....
  • TavistockToad
    Options

is 2100 maintenance?

how can it? an app doesn't know at which time of your cycle you retain water, it doesn't know that you ate a high sodium meal, or you did a workout that gave you DOMS , or you ate more carbs than normal, or you've been so busy at work you haven't drunk enough water....
    It should assume I’m probably only losing at about 10-50% of the rate I appear to be or something? Weight loss should always be underestimated and weight gain overestimated just to be safe.

i'm not a software developer for a weight trending app, so telling me that wont really help you...?
  • candistyx
    Options

is 2100 maintenance?

It should assume I’m probably only losing at about 10-50% of the rate I appear to be or something? Weight loss should always be underestimated and weight gain overestimated just to be safe.

i'm not a software developer for a weight trending app, so telling me that wont really help you...?

You asked a question and I answered it. All I asked was if the prediction I got above seemed reasonable because it seemed really slow to me. Although I guess it’s 20% of my current rate so could be right. It’s not a whole different ballpark or anything.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

is 2100 maintenance?

You asked a question and I answered it. All I asked was if the prediction I got above seemed reasonable because it seemed really slow to me. Although I guess it’s 20% of my current rate so could be right. It’s not a whole different ballpark or anything.

it seems really slow to me too... i said that upthread.