The May Melt Challenge (lose 10 lbs with 30 Days of good choices)

Options

Replies

• schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    1. 25 Jumping Jacks-Done!
    2. 25 Squats-Done!
    3. 25 Burpees-Not pretty, but done!
  • DarthBiden
    DarthBiden Posts: 19 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    TIL doing jumping jacks hurts me psychically. Sorry y'all but all I did was my walk today and 4 jumping jacks. At my weight there is no way I can do that stuff. thanks anyways and y'all keep kicking booty!!
  • RobbL74
    RobbL74 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    schlerin wrote: »
    1. 25 Jumping Jacks-Done!
    2. 25 Squats-Done!
    3. 25 Burpees-Not pretty, but done!

You did all three? Good on you. I only managed two. The day was so busy.
  • RobbL74
    Options
    DarthBiden wrote: »
    TIL doing jumping jacks hurts me psychically. Sorry y'all but all I did was my walk today and 4 jumping jacks. At my weight there is no way I can do that stuff. thanks anyways and y'all keep kicking booty!!

The exercises change everyday Darth. None are a must. These are just additional motivators in our quest for weight loss and living healthy lives. We never want you to risk injury. Heck just being on this link and chatting is a step in the right direction. Some days there will be easy ones and some days we will skip. It is always your choice. Keep trying to do what you can and we will support you and each other!
  • RobbL74
    Options
    Ok ladies and gents today we are gonna keep ourselves on the floor. Yesterday we focused on a bit cardio and legs. Today we will have some stomach (Abs they are in there) and arms. Before I put these exercises below please remember these are mere suggestions and nothing more. You do not have to do them nor am I a professional of any sort. These are just motivators and additional things for you to do in your quest to lose weight and live healthy. I am always open to suggestions and or ideas. I am sure by day 30 I will need them to avoid the monotony of the same old thing. Good luck and great job already. Thanks for doing this with me.

The three I have selected for today are as follows

1. Push-Up (25 or as many as you can do) and if you need to start form your knees that is just fine!
    2. Crunches (25 or as many as you can do)
    3. Planks (Shoot for a full minute or as long as you can)

The Proper way to do Push-ups
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFSw26xNW9o

Push-ups form the knees for those of us not quite there yet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZk1G_raUw0

Crunches (I hate these things)
    Remember your back does not leave the ground and don't pull on your head. I leave my hands crossed on my chest.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKmrqcoCZ-M

Planks (This video shows the most basic, which i will be doing, all th way up to some all-star stuff)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASdvN_XEl_c

Ok folks we have this. Be sure to come back and tell us how you did. Maybe you just have time for 1 or maybe you are feeling it today and manage to accomplish all three! Whatever you do just know we are here to support and motivate one another. Do what you can and do it proudly. every effort we make brings us closer to our goals!

• rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hope y'all don't mind if I join in a day late! This seems like the type of challenge I've been looking for!
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Done all three today though only 10 push ups.
  • premiumhoney
    premiumhoney Posts: 11 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    25 jumping jacks- done
    25 squats- done
    10 burpees- done lls

A day late but done
  • lizbeth401k
    lizbeth401k Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    RobbL74 wrote: »
    Done for the day! Not gonna lie, I did skip the burpees... but I did a 35 minute Body Project workout on Youtube, so I feel okay about that. How's everyone else doing?

Hell you did more than Burpees then if you ask me! Great Work!

Thank you so much! I've been working out 2-3 times a week, walking/jogging 3 times a week, and averaging 1500 calories a day (with just one or two slip-ups) for three weeks, and the scale hasn't gone down at all :( I'm glad this forum is here to keep me motivated!
  • KLM4k
    KLM4k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ok I’m in the MFP plank challenge and did 5 minutes of planks! Walked hour and a half
  • RobbL74
    Options
    Hope y'all don't mind if I join in a day late! This seems like the type of challenge I've been looking for!

Anyone is welcome anytime.
  • RobbL74
    Options
    25 jumping jacks- done
    25 squats- done
    10 burpees- done lls

A day late but done

You are never too late!
  • RobbL74
    Options
    Sairzie wrote: »
    Done all three today though only 10 push ups.

Great job! I still have not done mine.
  • RobbL74
    Options
    KLM4k wrote: »
    Ok I’m in the MFP plank challenge and did 5 minutes of planks! Walked hour and a half

5 minutes of plank? Wow thats intense. Great work!
  • KLM4k
    KLM4k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    @Robb_74 thank you! I take breaks and use a timer
  • rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Didn't manage to do the exercises yesterday, but I did get in a two mile walk~
  • msbuckley189
    msbuckley189 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    1. Push-Up (25)-nope
    2. Crunches (25)-done before bed
    3. Planks (Shoot for a full minute or as long as you can)-nope
    Did 491 stairs for another challenge.
  • RobbL74
    Options
    schlerin wrote: »
    1. Push-Up (25)-nope
    2. Crunches (25)-done before bed
    3. Planks (Shoot for a full minute or as long as you can)-nope
    Did 491 stairs for another challenge.

That is 491 more stairs than me! Great work!
  • RobbL74
    Options
    Didn't manage to do the exercises yesterday, but I did get in a two mile walk~

Exercise is exercise. These are not a must but an additional maybe. You still did something and that is what counts!