I need money

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited May 2018

Huh, yeah I have thought about going into the movie business. But stuffing envelopes that sounds pretty good too.
    I'm good at social media, but not basketball teams unfortunately.

Excellent. If a Central Casting office is close to you, call them to make an appointment. Be prepped to fill in the I-9 form with the proper documentation. If you don't have pics@ two 8x10s, they're going to take your pics anyway. Dress in something you would not mind being seen in by Casting Agents. You can always get that done later and add to your file.

• cfgreear
    cfgreear Posts: 189 Member
    Landscaping or maintenance. I have a BS in programming and during a tough time after getting laid off the only thing I could do to survive was landscaping. Go apply at a school or a hospital as a landscaper. Its a relatively easy job to get and a good way to get in shape.
  • Jayfeather15
    Jayfeather15 Posts: 107 Member
    cfgreear wrote: »
    Landscaping or maintenance. I have a BS in programming and during a tough time after getting laid off the only thing I could do to survive was landscaping. Go apply at a school or a hospital as a landscaper. Its a relatively easy job to get and a good way to get in shape.

I don't know how to scape land though.
  • Jayfeather15

Huh, yeah I have thought about going into the movie business. But stuffing envelopes that sounds pretty good too.
    I'm good at social media, but not basketball teams unfortunately.

Excellent. If a Central Casting office is close to you, call them to make an appointment. Be prepped to fill in the I-9 form with the proper documentation. If you don't have pics@ two 8x10s, they're going to take your pics anyway. Dress in something you would not mind being seen in by Casting Agents. You can always get that done later and add to your file.

Yeah closest is Atlanta which is like 3 hours away. I was trying to take my own photos. I have a Professional Canon but I need a better lense cause the one I have makes me look funny. Does being good looking increase your chances?
  • cfgreear
    Its a pretty quick set of skills to learn. Its mostly trimming plants, digging holes, running mowers, fixing sprinklers and a few other things here and there. Most jobs will have a short time where you will be trained for the job.

Construction is pretty easy to get into as well. I did that for a few years during college. Moving supplies, mixing concrete, digging, smashing stuff. Good ol sweaty fun.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Be an Uber driver.

Parents won't let me. Concerned about strangers.

Are you 18?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    cfgreear wrote: »

I don't know how to scape land though.

This is my favorite post of the day. I can go home now. See you all tomorrow.

I might know how to scape land. B)
  • 777Gemma888
    edited May 2018

Yeah closest is Atlanta which is like 3 hours away. I was trying to take my own photos. I have a Professional Canon but I need a better lense cause the one I have makes me look funny. Does being good looking increase your chances?

Taking your own shots are fine too. Although they do take their own photos of you too.

@good looking. Depends on what background look they're casting for. Your age pretty much slates the Casting calls you're going to be directed to go to. Call outs are normatively general eg.

Female. 23. Blonde. No piercings. No tattoos. Sometimes a term like slim or healthy are used. At other times, clothing sizes are mentioned.

Skills needed: Needs to jog 400 meters without stopping.
    Can swim a decent butterfly stroke.

Plan your photos to address the versatility of your look. Remember, interns around 18 to 23 are sieving through pictures. I did that back in the day. Remember to take a shot of your interpretation of an "All American" look with no make up and morning natural lighting.

** I have several friends in Los Angeles who are Extras. Make a decent living. Almost all jobs and call outs are for television shows. Your look will be needed. Sometimes casting teams are too busy filling in the immediate directives, they forget the background. Those in the know, just make it to the Extras tent and WAIT. 9 times out of 10, they will need your look, most especially if you're white or black. They will dress you. Once you've done 3-4 days of actual SAG approved shoots, you qualify for SAG membership. Apply for it, as it puts you in a higher pay scale per day. Be nice to interns as they oftentimes have the vouchers you need for proof of work.

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    How are you with animals? Grooming shops are often looking for part time bathers, to wash, dry and brush out dogs for them to clip. Pet sitting and walking, errand running for elderly/disabled neighbors, temp agencys, cleaning agencies, http://marketsource.jobs (generally part time, sell phones and stuff through Target and places like like that), edjoin (mostly part time, school related jobs), EDD office.
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    CatsIvuE wrote: »
    You can make good money selling your used panties online. It put me through college twice.

I got offered $45-$50 for my dirty white socks. All I had to do was wear them all day then sell them to the guy.
  • cfgreear
    rhenry2424 wrote: »
    CatsIvuE wrote: »
    You can make good money selling your used panties online. It put me through college twice.

I got offered $45-$50 for my dirty white socks. All I had to do was wear them all day then sell them to the guy.

That might just be the most disturbing thing ive heard today.
  • Jayfeather15
    Momepro wrote: »
    How are you with animals? Grooming shops are often looking for part time bathers, to wash, dry and brush out dogs for them to clip. Pet sitting and walking, errand running for elderly/disabled neighbors, temp agencys, cleaning agencies, http://marketsource.jobs (generally part time, sell phones and stuff through Target and places like like that), edjoin (mostly part time, school related jobs), EDD office.

Taking your own shots are fine too. Although they do take their own photos of you too.

@good looking. Depends on what background look they're casting for. Your age pretty much slates the Casting calls you're going to be directed to go to. Call outs are normatively general eg.

Female. 23. Blonde. No piercings. No tattoos. Sometimes a term like slim or healthy are used. At other times, clothing sizes are mentioned.

Skills needed: Needs to jog 400 meters without stopping.
    Can swim a decent butterfly stroke.

Plan your photos to address the versatility of your look. Remember, interns around 18 to 23 are sieving through pictures. I did that back in the day. Remember to take a shot of your interpretation of an "All American" look with no make up and morning natural lighting.

** I have several friends in Los Angeles who are Extras. Make a decent living. Almost all jobs and call outs are for television shows. Your look will be needed. Sometimes casting teams are too busy filling in the immediate directives, they forget the background. Those in the know, just make it to the Extras tent and WAIT. 9 times out of 10, they will need your look, most especially if you're white or black. They will dress you. Once you've done 3-4 days of actual SAG approved shoots, you qualify for SAG membership. Apply for it, as it puts you in a higher pay scale per day. Be nice to interns as they oftentimes have the vouchers you need for proof of work.

Oh okay then. So I can't wear like natural makeup? I mean I have skin problems a little. OH, and I love animals. DOn't they need people to go to grooming classes for that though?
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 527 Member
    ROFLMAO clever troll, thought someone might actually offer you money, huh? ;) But CatslvuE is right, dirty shoes (they might ask you do step in some nasty stuff before sending them) dirty "intimates", dirty socks, those all have a market for them if you can find it online. lol
  • 777Gemma888

Oh okay then. So I can't wear like natural makeup? I mean I have skin problems a little.

*If you're comfortable showing your skin problems, then take a decent head shot of that. You could get sent to commercials call outs for skin issues, get products and get paid too. Range could be a skincare product or dermatologists looking to showcase treatments their skin clinics provide. You're lucky that you are close to Atlanta. It's like a new LA and NY for skin related castings. This is one angle of versatility.

* Do apply a "no makeup flawless natural fresh look" for your "All American" look. Fresh!