Starting C25K tomorrow, anyone else?

Options

Replies

• hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    dieselbugparrot....dont let that 20min run scear you, i am a c25k graduate i just completed this challenge two weeks ago, went litterally from the couch to running 30min without stopping at 3.5 and weighing 239 lbs.

right now im giving myself a little breather before startin c2 10k later on in the year....anyhoo the first time i saw that i had to run 20min without stopping i dreaded it thinking i cant do that, to how am i going to do that, i honestyl lost sleep over it bec i had never done it before, but then i kept thinking how will i know if i nevery try or push myself to do it...long story short i aced it and so can you.

it only looks impossible on paper you will do this and good luck to all of you.
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm still here! I started last week but after week 1 day 2 I had some really bad knee pain and had to rest for quite a few days. Such a bummer, but I was determined to give it another try. Finally my knee felt better so I did week 1 day 3 yesterday - with my knee brace and iced afterward - and today feels fine! We're back in business! I have a knee condition that results in chronic inflammation, so it also helps if I ride a stationary bike for awhile after running, so I did that too.

Anyway, I'm glad that this is working out and I'll probably be starting the week 2 runs on Saturday.
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm still here! I started last week but after week 1 day 2 I had some really bad knee pain and had to rest for quite a few days. Such a bummer, but I was determined to give it another try. Finally my knee felt better so I did week 1 day 3 yesterday - with my knee brace and iced afterward - and today feels fine! We're back in business! I have a knee condition that results in chronic inflammation, so it also helps if I ride a stationary bike for awhile after running, so I did that too.

Anyway, I'm glad that this is working out and I'll probably be starting the week 2 runs on Saturday.
    I'm glad you are doing better. Week 2 isn't too bad, hope your knee doesn't flare up again!
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    So I am starting the C25K tomorrow. Anyone else getting ready to start this? I have never run before, but I really want to do it. Thought maybe if I had a few friends on here to go through it with it will be much better.

I am hoping to start this myself, I am HOPING to start tomorrow - i'll let you know how I get on, provided i actually do it!!!
  • wvualum
    Options
    Finished week 2 today. I'm already getting nervous about week 3.
  • Alexface21
    Options
    I am hoping to start this myself, I am HOPING to start tomorrow - i'll let you know how I get on, provided i actually do it!!!
    Same, but I'm planning on starting later today. :) In fact I'll probably go out in the next few minutes and get started.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options

I didn't start on a Monday. I start Week 3 today! Those 3min runs are gonna be rough!
  • wvualum
    Options

I didn't start on a Monday. I start Week 3 today! Those 3min runs are gonna be rough!

Make sure you let us know how it goes.
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Hazelnutflav, Thank You for the words of encouragement!!! I DID IT, I RAN 20 MIN STRAIGHT! Wasn't as bad as I thought. But when I started doing it, I didn't want to. lol. The first min of my run I said what have I got myself into. But then I thought of how great I would feel after i completed it. And how FAILURE is NOT an OPTION! And I did it! Yeah!
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    [/quote]Same, but I'm planning on starting later today. :) In fact I'll probably go out in the next few minutes and get started.
    [/quote]

Alexface21, Did you do it? How did it go???
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options

I think it is so AWESOME that you aren't letting your knee stopping you and you have found way to lessen the inflammation!!!
  • Alexface21
    Options
    Alexface21, Did you do it? How did it go???

I did. :) I was a bit achey, but probably because I haven't gone for a run in ages. xD I'm expecting that the next few days will become easier. I felt better for it when I got in and drank lots of fluids though. I felt refreshed. :p Let's just hope I can keep the motivation up and I don't get bored of it like times before. I think with the easy schedule C25K gives it should be fine though. :)
  • phawley13
    phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just finished w2 and I am really hoping that week 3 goes okay, I noticed that my knee really hurt when I ran outside, so for now I am going to do the rest of the program on my elliptical and hopefully I loose enough that my knee won't hurt when I start again running outside
  • Alexface21
    Options
    I seem to get a bit of neck pain when I run. :/ I don't think there's anything wrong with my posture when I run; perhaps I need to do a bit more stretching in my neck beforehand. Any ideas?
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'll be starting week 3 tomorrow. Saw this thread, and seems to be when I started..also invested in some decent running shoes..so far, when I walk in them its pretty comfortable.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday! I have NEVER been a runner and was surprised at how well it went considering my weight and fitness level. I have been considering starting C25K for a couple of months now, but it was so ridiculously hot outside! It is starting to be a bit milder in the evenings, so I decided to go for it! I had to take my son with me (he's almost 4.5), so he rode his bike while I walked/ran. I was worried he wasn't going to make it...about 3/4 of the way through he started complaining about his legs. I am a little sore today in my calves and shins; I don't think I stretched nearly enough.

Alexface21: Do you look down at all when you run? I have a tendency to do so because I can see how far I have to go - it's just one foot in front of the other. However, I heard that you are supposed to look straight ahead. If you are looking down, it might be causing the tension/achiness in your neck.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Oh, and anyone PLEASE feel free to add me if you need encouragement! I could use all the encouragement I can get!
  • Alexface21
    Options
    Just completed Week 1 Day 2. Felt much better than Day 1. xD

(PS. if anyone feels they need some decent motivational music to listen to while running, the finale of Shostakovich's 12th symphony works a treat. xD)
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Ran week 2 day 1 yesterday! The first week took me a few weeks to get through due to knee pain, but I think I've figured it all out now. Onward ho!
  • wvualum
    Options
    Did Week 3 Day 1 this morning. Was so much easier than I was making it out to be. Still probably going to be nervous going into week 4, but at least I feel like I can do this!