• lia03ro810
    lia03ro810 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am. In how do I join
  • DanielleTake2
    DanielleTake2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    jigarcia02 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I would like to join as well. I was just wondering how everyone was getting their calorie goals? I have been struggling for the last month burning 500 calories 5 days a week with working out at home but have not lost much just inches. Ive done 1400 cal and went up to 1600 this week trying to figure out if I am not eating enough. I am 5 2", 152LB, 31yrs. Any suggestions on what site or how I should determine my calorie in take? Thanks!

Hey! First, I highly recommend you read this post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242

Second, none of us got fat eating too many baby carrots. Yes, calories matter. BUT at the end of the day I try to focus more on quality than quantity. I try to stick to around 1600 calories/day but if I end up eating 1700 calories of healthy, nutritious food - I'm not going to beat myself up about it. And, I know I'll still lose the weight in the long run.

Good luck!
  • DanielleTake2
    Options
    Hi All! Just checking it and - I must say - I'm killing it. I'm down 3 lbs, I'm consistently hitting my goal of 10,000 steps/day, resistance training 3x/week, and cooking most of my meals at home.

I'm a teacher so I always pack my breakfasts and lunches Monday-Friday, and I meal prep on Sundays so I have 3-4 days worth of dinners pre-prepared. But I LOVE brunch on Sundays and I like to have dinner with friends once in a while. So my rule is to cook 17/21 meals at home - this leaves me 4 meals for fun stuff like brunch, dinner with friends, etc.

Keep it up, guys!
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I would like to join even though I know most got started a couple weeks ago. I have been working at this since 1/2/18 and have hit 34.9lbs......that darn 0.1 lol. I'm trying to hit 50 or close by my birthday 7/17. Hope this will help me.
  • DanielleTake2
    Options
    How's everyone doing?
    (Who else is checking/posting regularly?)
  • aehret23
    aehret23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am checking and posting regularly! The scale finally says under 150 for me this week (149.7)... it’s great seeing something out of the 150’s!! Keep it up all!!!
  • abcaseasyas12321
    abcaseasyas12321 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey so I know I'm a little late, but I'm in! So I lost 20 pounds last year and was 7 away from my goal weight when I gave up and gained 10 pounds back so I'm starting again and looking to lose 13 pounds by June 20.
    SW: 145
    CW: 133
    GW: 120
  • bvff35
    bvff35 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Can I join also? Though I know I'm starting late. I am only on my 3rd day of eating healthy and it it so HARD. Even my stretchy clothes no longer fit.
  • rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 64 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hey, mind if I join? I'm working hard to lose this weight, and would love to join in this challenge!

SW: 256
    CW: 240
    GW (By the End of this Challenge): 220
  • sheloco89
    sheloco89 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • Adelynee
    Adelynee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Started last week and with a lot of care and planning lost 3pds. This week has been so hard to stick to anything, back pain, night feeds and general tiredness with hormones up and down have not helped! I'm worried I'll have put the 3 pas on and more by Sat
  • DanielleTake2
    Options
    Adelynee wrote: »
    Started last week and with a lot of care and planning lost 3pds. This week has been so hard to stick to anything, back pain, night feeds and general tiredness with hormones up and down have not helped! I'm worried I'll have put the 3 pas on and more by Sat

3 lbs is a lot for 1 week... Are you breastfeeding? I would focus on 1 lbs/week. I can't vouch for the medical legitimacy of this statement - but I think that the slower the weight loss happens, the less likely you are to yo-yo and put it back on. JMO!
  • nancyjosey
    nancyjosey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love to be apart of this support group. Weigh ins on Sunday?
  • SErickson2018
    SErickson2018 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I’m in!
  • DanielleTake2
    Options
    Urgh - I weighed in today and I'm back up 1 lbs - I know it's because of PMS and water retention but it's so frustrating.
  • missdmays
    missdmays Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know im late but im in (: add me yall !
  • abcaseasyas12321
    abcaseasyas12321 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check in!!! Down .6 I know it's not a lot but this week has been rough.
    SW:145
    LW: 133.1
    CW: 132.5
    GQ: 120
  • falis123
    falis123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    checking in eveyweek from now on!!!!!
    SW: 170.8
    CW: 158.7
    CW:150
    GW: 145
  • joannaryan1977
    joannaryan1977 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all can I join too pls ... I only started today ...
    Weighing in at 226 (((( sigh ))))
    Target 168
    But taking it slow and steady walked 4.5 miles tonight too will weigh next tue
  • DanielleTake2
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Haven't heard from the OP in a while :-/
    I'm down 2 lbs (down 3, and then up 1 because of that a-hole TOM) but I'm not letting myself get de-railed.

I am having a hard time with my calorie in take - I'm using the BMR - 15%TDEE calculation recommended by the Pro's on here. But I can't tell if it's too much or too little. Anyone have a better calculation?