LOSE 20 POUNDS BY JULY

Options
12346»

Replies

• jubjubjulie
    jubjubjulie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oooh I'm in! Late Joiner here, also a mum of a youngen but gained ALOT from just being sedentiary.
    39 yrs young
    5'4
    141 lbs
    Goal Weight 120

just started looking a macros and i'm lost!
  • sauronseye
    sauronseye Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I am a yo-yoer. Gaining and losing, but mostly gaining recently. I keep having to buy larger trousers and I am so darn tired of it. Fell off the SW wagon too as I need bread in my life, and would overeat on pasta and carbs too. I need to educate myself about food, its content and its use! I had my last baby four years ago and I still look pregnant. Friend me group!

Ugh, the other day I was going through my closet and counted 11 pairs of trousers that don't fit me. No more, no less. I wear the same three pairs. :(

I am definitely in! :D
  • DanaGettingFit
    DanaGettingFit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Looking forward to this summer :)
  • Annieshorty18
    Annieshorty18 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'M IN I NEED TO LOOSE 27 POUNDS
  • Annieshorty18
    Options
    I NEED THE MOTIVATION I START AND I LOSE MYSELF REAL QUICKLY
  • Annieshorty18
    Options
    I'M 5 FT TALL AND I WEIGHT 147.4 POUNDS TOO MUCH FOR A LITTLE PERSON
  • falis123
    falis123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    well done for getting a start on!! looking forward to your results we weigh in every Sunday. and we hope to share tips on what worked for everyone!
  • DanielleTake2
    DanielleTake2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ok - so at this point I'm just venting. Lol. Sorry... not sorry.

For the past two weeks I've been fluctuating like mad on the scale due to TOM and water retention. Today when I woke up, I weighed 155.6 - the exact weight I was 2 weeks ago before all of that craziness started. So, I feel like I'm back to where I left off.

I've been reading the message boards recently and trying to look for the "expert" level advice. I had a wake up call that I'm really not being as diligent with my calorie counting as I should be - I'm eyeballing too much, I'm not double checking the accuracy of the foods in the MFP diary (apparently it's full of errors, even with the green check mark!) and it could all be adding up to a lot of un-logged calories.

I've decided I'm going to start weighing all of my calorie dense foods (proteins, fats, carbs) -- not so much my fruits and veggies because who cares -- and I'm going to be really strict about staying right at 1600.

I'm hungry at 1600 - really hungry. But at 1750 I'm only losing 1/2 lb per week, and I have to be in a bathing suit soon lol. So that ain't gonna work.

Happy weekend ya'll!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Ok - so at this point I'm just venting. Lol. Sorry... not sorry.

For the past two weeks I've been fluctuating like mad on the scale due to TOM and water retention. Today when I woke up, I weighed 155.6 - the exact weight I was 2 weeks ago before all of that craziness started. So, I feel like I'm back to where I left off.

I've been reading the message boards recently and trying to look for the "expert" level advice. I had a wake up call that I'm really not being as diligent with my calorie counting as I should be - I'm eyeballing too much, I'm not double checking the accuracy of the foods in the MFP diary (apparently it's full of errors, even with the green check mark!) and it could all be adding up to a lot of un-logged calories.

I've decided I'm going to start weighing all of my calorie dense foods (proteins, fats, carbs) -- not so much my fruits and veggies because who cares -- and I'm going to be really strict about staying right at 1600.

I'm hungry at 1600 - really hungry. But at 1750 I'm only losing 1/2 lb per week, and I have to be in a bathing suit soon lol. So that ain't gonna work.

Happy weekend ya'll!

1/2lb a week is better than nothing imo.
    TOM and other things could be masking loss - that's why its better to think of weight fluctuating in general knowing that every 4 weeks you should see the true fat loss.
    Weighing foods is a must, without doing that means you will be eating more than you think so its a good plan to weigh them.

Keep going ok :smile:
  • jennifferdoran07
    jennifferdoran07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, have been on and off for last few years but determined this time as at my
    biggest. I have 3 kids under 8 and need to lose 30 pounds and tone up. Starting from today!!

SW 168
    GW 138
  • lmcgrady84
    lmcgrady84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Bit of a late starter so I realise it's not realistic for me but I'll take whatever loss I can get at this point to feel like my normal self again :/
    CW 153
    GW 133
  • pennybutton
    pennybutton Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Can I join please?
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am in. Starting today
    SW 252
    JW 232-235