For Weekly Weighers, Why did you pick the day you did to weigh in?

Options

Replies

• KcRavassa
    KcRavassa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Friday morning for me - I indulge on the weekends generally so Monday would be a sad day indeed to document my efforts!
  • farsteve
    farsteve Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Monday, because it is the start of the work week.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    When I started I chose Monday morning because I thought it might help me stay on track during the weekend and it actually did.
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sunday mornings - after the usual morning routine, but before breakfast and coffee. It's my quietest, least stressful morning.
  • jadams2930
    jadams2930 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this site and would like to say that I weigh myself daily but the official weight I use is the one from my Tuesday Morning TOPS group.
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm with the Wednesday group!
    Enough time to lose water weight from the weekend and have worked out sufficient days.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    As a daily weigher, I can say that there's typically a trend down through the week with Friday and Saturday being the lowest for the week, and a spike back up for Mondays. Particularly true these last few weeks between various family birthdays, a bachelor party, etc.

There's been a 5 lb drop from Monday to Saturday each of the past two weeks.
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Monday as it keeps me focused over the weekend, and makes me think twice about any weekend treats.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Friday morning. I am much more likely to overindulge or eat out and retain water from extra salt during the weekend, which for me starts on Friday.
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    That was the day I started restricting calories to lose weight and charted my starting weight. So I weigh the same day each week.
  • staraly
    staraly Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only record Sunday morning. I take one particular supplement that is very effective for a medical condition I have but it causes some side effects including fluid retention. Each week, I have to rest from it by reducing it for half a day and then not taking it the next day so my body can deal with it all. I record my weight the following morning.
    I weigh everyday to keep an eye out for any sudden increase due to fluid retention just in case.
    I then have Sunday as my naughty diet day.
  • Nadspee
    Nadspee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym M-F so I weigh in on Friday after my last workout of the week. Then I take a two day vacay and start again on Monday!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    When I started I weighed on Wednesdays because that was the day I began. Now that I weigh every day I still only record Wednesday on here and everything else in Happy Scale. Also, not having a social life makes the Saturday and Sunday weigh-ins much more bearable. :)
  • paigec619
    paigec619 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I've always weighed in on Monday, but after reading all these comments I think I'll start weighing in on Friday's! It does make a lot more sense lol
  • bigmamabird
    bigmamabird Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose control on the weekend so I weigh in on Monday morning. That way I have more accountability and reason to watch my intake over the weekend.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but only record on Tuesdays.
    I picked Tuesday because I tend to eat saltier on the weekends and I shed the water weight on Monday.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Saturday - I’m active in a Maintenance accountability thread on the forums and the check in weekly date is set to a weekend date, so I just kinda fell into that as my routine lately.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i do wednesday because its my mid week rest day.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but I also record my weekly weight in a separate spreadsheet. I didn't really 'choose' the day; that's just the day when I suddenly decided I'd had it with being fat and started my new regime.
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Fridays because Saturday is my refeed day. I may gain a pound the following day but by the end of the week I’m back down and lose more weight.