WTF IS GOING ON!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    Muscle mass weighs more than fat. Maybe you are gaining muscle which is good! Keep going, you're doing great!!

It takes a male bodybuilder 1 month of intense work to build 1lb of muscle. More likely, the muscles are retaining water from the exercise. Just an FYI (I didn't know before either).
  • beth_hayden
    beth_hayden Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    1. more water or fluids.
    2. eat vegetables! I don't really see any in your food diary.
    3. 1200 is your minimum calories for the day. Most days you do not hit that.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I weight daily (sometimes several times in a day). It gives me a benchmark for how I'm doing, and what I need to work towards. I can fluctuate five pounds in a day easily.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I think you answered your own question =)
  • lennykat
    lennykat Posts: 89
    Options
    Im trying to not weigh myself every day but its like the scale calls out to me :( I will up my water intake today for sure. :( I really hope its not actual weight because that will take forever to come back down :( and I want to hit the 100's soon......

not to be flip, but everytime I walk into my bathroom with the scale I shoot it a bird and stick out my tounge. It makes me feel better so I won't step on it. Seems to be working since I haven't weighed since June sometime. I hate the scale.

Also, water water water and I've noticed a difference just this week by not eating bread or pasta and getting my carbs through potatoes, corn, etc. I feel better and my tummy is smaller. Just a thought. Good luck!!
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I will definitely give the water thing a go.

Where can I find this Mio Water enhancer?
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Ironically enough, if you aren't drinking enough water, you retain it... DRINK YOUR WATER! lol if you don't like the taste of it, try some crystal light or Mio or another flavoring for your water...
    Also, our bodies fluctuate A LOT... weight doesn't tell the entire story. You might still have undigested food .... along with any muscle that might have been built recently....
    Don't fret. The scale can be discouraging sometimes but you'll find that if you weigh when you first wake up, after you do your business in the bathroom, you'll get a more accurate picture of your weight, but like I said... it's not the whole story. You'll see fluctuations back and forth... unless you have increased in weight and stayed there for about 4 days, you probably haven't truly gained anything!
    Water weight is plus/minus 4 pounds even.... try not to freak out .... take measurements, it is much more happy!
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    If you didnt read mine from last night this may help....I have been working out for 7 months now and have lost a whopping 15 pounds. You can check out the pictures based on knowing I said 15 pounds and make your own judgement

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/315111-lets-throw-away-the-scales-take-pictures-instead-0
  • matticrew
    Options
    That happpens to me too.
    The best thing is to stick with what you are doing.
    weight loss is about ups and downs.
  • jkcools
    jkcools Posts: 66
    Options
    Your local Grocery Store should carry the Mio Liquid.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If you haven't had much water, your body is dehydrated and holding water because you're not giving it any. Drink LOTS of water and you should be able to get rid of it - also watch your sodium. No more than 2400mg in one day.