Somebody lectured me about Splenda today

Options

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I would say that I am properly fueled if someone tries to pry my splenda bag out of my hands :D
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Marjayhan wrote: »
    I would have said B.i.t.c.h mind your own business!

Then again....short and sweet is good too :D
  • r3488
    r3488 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    I was in a Panera getting breakfast once and opted for a Diet Coke to go with my egg sandwich. The elderly woman next to me said, "Soda?!? For breakfast?!?" She was shocked, I tell you. Shocked!

LOL. I've ordered soda for breakfast for decades for my caffeine fix. I hated coffee. So, I got used to the comments and weird looks. I simply responded that I hated coffee. Although, I like coffee now, so I'll have to think up a different comeback...
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I once had a professional athlete comment on the Coke Zero I was drinking, saying I shouldn't drink that "processed chemical-filled crap".

The kicker is that he was slamming a Red Bull at the time.

I said nothing.

Aren't bull testicles all natural? LOL
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    About a month ago at work I was getting food on my lunch and when I went to grab a diet soda this random customer decided to tell me how awful artificial sweeteners are just because they make him sick and there's so much research on their problems. I finally told him "just because they make you sick doesn't mean they make me sick, I have no issues and I know many others who have no issues with them." It was a weird moment...I don't think I'd ever seen him in the store before. And, you know, he was taking up my already short lunch break.

Ugghh. And now every time you go to the store on your lunch break you're going to have that little moment of shoot, I hope he's not there today. :(

It's funny, as passionate as I've seen people get on these boards about the evils of artificial sweeteners, I've never seen anyone post that they would walk up to a perfect stranger and try to convince them to avoid the evil chemikalz. I'm having a very hard time trying to get inside the mind of someone who felt compelled to save random others from themselves.

edited for clarity

I work at the store. Never saw him in 18+ years before that.

And because you work there, u have to bite your tongue.... been there.
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »
    Maybe tell people to mind their own business? I don't know why people constantly feel the need to police other people's lives, when their lives are usually sh#t.

That's why, their life is sh** so they want to bring other people down.
  • como_agua
    como_agua Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    so rude on so many levels. nothing like a dietary SJW pushing their *knowledge* upon you. next time feign deafness. works for me every time.