Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• zusibaby1
    zusibaby1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello... Just turned 45 last Saturday.. I've been trying to loose the same 20lbs for almost a year come June.. It does get harder to loose the older we get that's for sure.. please feel free to add me..
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    @melissa6771 - I'm going to have to try the yogurt coated chicken. I'm not a huge chicken fan because a lot of times it's too dry.

I thought you last night. My husband bought some shrimp and scallops to grill. He did the grocery shopping this past week. I said "Oh, were the scallops on sale? They've been so expensive." His reply..."I have no idea, I just grabbed them." I look at the sticker on the wrap..."$20/lb?!" He's like "What??!!!" Bwahahaha. Yeah, that's how men shop.

@mom23mangos ha! $20/lb is insane! I hope they were good! They're going on sale Sunday here for 9,99/lb and I'm trying to resist. I've eaten so many in the past couple months. I'll let you know how the chicken is. I'll probably grill it tomorrow. I can't image it would be bad, lots of good ingredients in the marinade.
  • daisyf717
    daisyf717 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @HoneyBadger155 maybe try some of those sheet tray meals where you make 3 diff kinds of chicken on one plate and toast the veggies on another tray. I think they put the different chickens on aluminum foil. You could do a Greek, fajita and teriyaki maybe to keep some variety...
    good luck, that does sound like a tough schedule to have to prep during!
  • melissa6771
    Options
    grm10375 wrote: »
    I'm 43 and finding it so hard to get out of the 140's. Although being in my 40's I can say now that I have changed my way of eating I feel better than I have in a long time!

What is your goal? I'm having a struggle right now to get out of the 160's but I'm only 6 pounds from goal. Time and patience.
    AgileK9 wrote: »
    Hi! I'd love to join your group here. I've been away from MFP since the fall. I got sick, had surgery and gained the 8 pounds of my last 15 back. I'm so mad about it. It was just a struggle to lose those 8 and now I have to lose them again along with hopefully the following 7.

I'm 48 and short, and I'm sure you understand, that really puts a damper on calorie cutting since we supposedly use so little just to be alive. I recently started weight lifting and am now back to mountain biking a couple times a week so I'm hoping that I can at least get down to below 150 (I'm 155 now and 5'3") before my 30th high school reunion in July. It's such slow going....

That Sucks! To get through the last 8 and have to do it again. You can, just keep working at it. What rate of loss are you doing and what's your calorie budget?
  • e_fou
    e_fou Posts: 23 Member
    Options

@melissa6771 - I'm going to have to try the yogurt coated chicken. I'm not a huge chicken fan because a lot of times it's too dry.

I thought you last night. My husband bought some shrimp and scallops to grill. He did the grocery shopping this past week. I said "Oh, were the scallops on sale? They've been so expensive." His reply..."I have no idea, I just grabbed them." I look at the sticker on the wrap..."$20/lb?!" He's like "What??!!!" Bwahahaha. Yeah, that's how men shop.

@mom23mangos ha! $20/lb is insane! I hope they were good! They're going on sale Sunday here for 9,99/lb and I'm trying to resist. I've eaten so many in the past couple months. I'll let you know how the chicken is. I'll probably grill it tomorrow. I can't image it would be bad, lots of good ingredients in the marinade.

I thought I was the only one having this problem! Haha, I will be more understanding now, it's just in their genes!
  • mamilll
    mamilll Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m forty-five with a birthday at the end of this month. I have 15-20 lbs to lose to reach my ideal weight. I have been on a roller coaster of motivation but am doing pretty good this time. Would love to have like minded and age women to help stay motivated. Please add me
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

That Sucks! To get through the last 8 and have to do it again. You can, just keep working at it. What rate of loss are you doing and what's your calorie budget?

I’m at 1200 calories per day and eat back some of my exercise calories because I seriously cannot survive on 1200 per day. I was losing about 1/2 a pound a week but I was walking 2-3 miles at lunch, then sometimes walking at night with my husband as well. There were also days that I mountain biked hard and walked. I did start lifting in November and only took 3 weeks off for surgery. I’m really hoping some of my gain is muscle. I haven’t been real restrictive over the winter with calories over the winter, hence the gain.

Back to lots of biking now that the weather is nice. I’m hoping adding that will make the scale move. Thanks!

• daisyf717
    daisyf717 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @AgileK9 I hear you about the calories... I’m at 1500 but I don’t eat calories back (as often as I can not) bc 1200 is tough. Most of the time I don’t even log my exercise bc I don’t want to eat those calories... I have to trick myself (facepalm lol). Good luck!
  • kenkel4
    kenkel4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, everyone. I had a little trouble sticking to my plan this weekend, but today is a new day.
  • Spaffdavidson
    Spaffdavidson Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    kenkel4 wrote: »
    Happy Monday, everyone. I had a little trouble sticking to my plan this weekend, but today is a new day.

Same with me!! But like you said...Today is a new day!!! Let's start together!! :)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    @melissa6771 - I tried to make the calzones this weekend. While not a total disaster I did something wrong with the dough. I used equal parts flour and yogurt, but I think I needed more flour. It was falling apart.
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    kenkel4 wrote: »

Me too! I have the hardest time recording food on the weekends.
  • idamgreen15
    idamgreen15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    GOOD AFTERNOON Y'ALL! I'm 44 this time around (2nd time trying) here on MFP. And I need to lose 26 lbs. Just to say I'm under 200. Then when I get there I'd like to lose another 25. But realistically 26 sounds better than 50. So anyway, my husband works out of town for weeks at a time and I do so awesome while he's gone. Like this last time (he's still gone by the way) I've lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks. But he'll be home on Saturday and then I know he's gonna wanna go eat here and there. Let me add my willpower is out the window! Also he has no problems losing or keeping the weight off. He's got muscles for days. Okay so I hope I've found "THE SPOT" for motivation, tips and tricks! Good luck to all!
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and lost about 50 pounds 7 years ago. I went to nursing school while working full time nights and gained about 20 back. Right now I need to lose about 25 pounds to get down to 150 (at 5'6" that's within my healthy weight range). I wear a FitBit Charge 2 and usually make my 10,000 step goal or more. Five days of the week I am up at 5:00 walking (more like being dragged by) my two huskies with my husband, who is much more disciplined than me. We go 2.5 to 3 miles each morning. My problem is I get tired of tracking and stop doing it, and I go out and eat stupid stuff I shouldn't during lunchtime at work. I'm looking to add weight training into my routine and to help my 15 year old daughter who is not happy with her body lose some weight in a healthy way with mom as a supportive accountability partner. If you'd like to add me, I'll do my best to be a good partner. :)
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    PS my favorite healthy recipe website is http://www.skinnytaste.com

Delicious food that uses real ingredients, and also easy to track because tons of people have already put the recipes into MFP.
  • wendyanne26
    wendyanne26 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've recently turned 46 and I'm just starting on this journey.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    15mrzwjrlnfe.jpg
    WOW, there's a lot of new ladies here!!!!
    Happy Monday everyone, Hope you all have a Marvelous Monday :)
  • Leeah77MFP
    Leeah77MFP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just turned 41! Feel free to add me too
  • melissa6771
    Options
    @mom23mangos you can do 2/3 cup flour to 1/2 cup yogurt. The best way to make the dough workable is to do it in a mixer with the dough hook. I mix it for a couple minutes, get the loose flour from the bottom into the dough, then let the mixer go on medium until the dough starts to ball up and come off the hook. If you do it by hand you have to knead it pretty well otherwise it's a little harder to work with. You'll get the hang of it... I should make a video of myself making it. LOL
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @melissa6771 - I tried to make the calzones this weekend. While not a total disaster I did something wrong with the dough. I used equal parts flour and yogurt, but I think I needed more flour. It was falling apart.

I got it right this time! I used more flour. OMG, it's amazing!!! The calzone was a little too doughy for me, but the pizza was incredible. The kids heartily approved of both!

o146fy2zwb1c.jpg