Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• CaroUT
    CaroUT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    46 and can't seem to lose those last 8 lbs! Please add me, I'm brand new to this app.
  • kenkel4
    kenkel4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and have 25 lbs to lose. I need so much motivation and ANY ideas you have. I am open to anything. My 25th anniversary is in July and we are going on a cruise. I will be on three different vacations that month and all of them include shorts and swimming suits. Please add me asa friend and let’s do this.
  • jujub42
    jujub42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all! New to MFP and would to add some friends. I am 42 and need motivation and accountability!
  • daisyf717
    daisyf717 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @daisyf717 that's exactly what I do with all my recipes. If you love Mexican you really should try that enchilada recipe that I posted

I do need to! I think I may this week!
  • lizannettepr
    lizannettepr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m new, 43 yo. Would you please add me to your motivational group? Thank you.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies, Hope you all have a Fabulous Monday!!
  • jennylea70
    jennylea70 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im 42 and very slowly I have been losing weight. I'm really slow but I'm trying. I would love more mfp friends to keep me motivated and on track. Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • QueenieB76
    QueenieB76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hope you are all having a great Monday so far! It was a tough weekend, I had a few downfalls but I am back at it 100% and not "crying over the spilled milk" . New week..new start! I had a motivational sign I wanted to post here but I haven't any idea how to do that lol

Anyways it read... "Dream Big, Work Hard, Stay Focused and surround yourself with Good People!"

Have a fabulous week everyone! Work hard! You got this!
  • NewBelinda2018
    NewBelinda2018 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been on myfitness pal for a few years. The past 35 days I've really began making the attempt to get my *kitten* together when it comes to my weight. I am officially 125 pounds overweight. The first time in over 20 years that I actually said it out loud or written it down. This is really crazy that I have went as far as to post it on a social media platform. I am so embarrassed and ashamed of myself. I never really thought of my weight as a big deal. I've always have to confidence so I thought! I'm really in a bad place emotionally and needed some type of outlet today. I normally the one that everyone comes running to. Now is my time to think more about me. Any suggestions where do I start emotionally wise to get started on change. #45yearoldmom #newchapter #dontknowwhichwaytogo
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I've been on myfitness pal for a few years. The past 35 days I've really began making the attempt to get my *kitten* together when it comes to my weight. I am officially 125 pounds overweight. The first time in over 20 years that I actually said it out loud or written it down. This is really crazy that I have went as far as to post it on a social media platform. I am so embarrassed and ashamed of myself. I never really thought of my weight as a big deal. I've always have to confidence so I thought! I'm really in a bad place emotionally and needed some type of outlet today. I normally the one that everyone comes running to. Now is my time to think more about me. Any suggestions where do I start emotionally wise to get started on change. #45yearoldmom #newchapter #dontknowwhichwaytogo

First of all, you should not be ashamed, you should be proud that you are taking the first step to improving your health. Many people never even get that far. As far as where to get started on change...one day at a time. You will have setbacks, you won't always eat perfectly, but don't let that be an excuse to go crazy for the rest of the day or week. Consistency will get you there when motivation is nowhere to be found. How are you at logging? I'd start just logging what you eat for a week or two. Don't worry about changing anything, just be honest with yourself. That will give you a good starting point to see where you might be able to change things up. Maybe just swapping a few lower calorie options for your common foods will be enough right now. You can do this. As you said, now is the time to think about you. You want to continue to be around for everyone to come running to.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

First of all, you should not be ashamed, you should be proud that you are taking the first step to improving your health. Many people never even get that far. As far as where to get started on change...one day at a time. You will have setbacks, you won't always eat perfectly, but don't let that be an excuse to go crazy for the rest of the day or week. Consistency will get you there when motivation is nowhere to be found. How are you at logging? I'd start just logging what you eat for a week or two. Don't worry about changing anything, just be honest with yourself. That will give you a good starting point to see where you might be able to change things up. Maybe just swapping a few lower calorie options for your common foods will be enough right now. You can do this. As you said, now is the time to think about you. You want to continue to be around for everyone to come running to.

First off, welcome and acknowledging the issue is the first (rather big!) step, so congrats on being honest. Sometimes, it's hardest to be honest with ourselves as weird as that sounds (had one of those this morning myself as I didn't want to enter my morning weight into my tracker because it was a few pounds higher than I liked/feel like I should be - but decided that not entering it didn't change reality, so put it in even though I didn't want to!).

Agree with the above poster - just learning to track, weigh your foods, etc will probably be enough to keep you busy for the first couple weeks. Buy a food scale and use it - weighing is the most honest way to know what you're actually eating. Weigh everything you can, some things you may be surprised at how quickly it adds up, and other things you may find you can have a lot more of! This will help you plan meals and quantities once you start getting more strict on your deficit.

And yes, one bad meal or day or binge is never an excuse to keep going. Admit you had a failing, and maybe you actually really enjoyed it, but that's not a reason to keep doing it. Every meal, every bite is a choice, they don't come in groups.
  • kenkel4
    Options

You’ll feel so good once you get started. Take one day at a time and set one goal at a time. Once you get into the habit it won’t feel like sacrifice at all.
  • Willkathmum
    Willkathmum Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m back here again, just turned 45 last week.
    I lost 9-10 lbs last year and it’s now all gone back on again, not helped by being put back on mirtazapine. Now want to lose it again for the Summer. I’ve 2 teens and work 4 days per week, would love to connect with others in similar situations, feel free to add me :smile:
  • Canuk2015
    Canuk2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and would like to lose at least 30 lbs. Just recently hit 200 and I'm disgusted with myself. I used to run and do half marathons and now I'm getting ready to start shopping in the plus size stores! Feel free to add me. I need as much support as possible since I seem to lose my motivation by the end of the day! :(
  • kenkel4
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I would love to add you all as friends but I can’t figure out how so please add me.
  • Spaffdavidson
    Spaffdavidson Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump day Ladies!!! Enjoy your day!!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    ky328j9orkbg.jpg
    Happy Hump Day Ladies!!!
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Gimme-3Days

I'm taking the next 3 days to track everything religiously and to make improvements on my health.
    So Tracking Food as well as activity!

My Goal - To not over eat.