Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• Dancingdobby
    Dancingdobby Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi all, I am 43 and trying so hard to lose around 20lbs, feeling quite motivated at the moment but struggling as I have been told I am going through early menopause and suffering quite a bit around the middle area (bloating)
    Good luck to you all on achieving your goals..........YOU CAN DO IT!!!! xxxx
    ps I don't know how to add friends?
  • QueenieB76
    QueenieB76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies. I hope you are all having a fantastic Sunday! I was just reading through posts for ideas, inspiration and motivation. Great ideas ladies!
    I had a discouraging past couple of days with a scale not budging but I am not giving in. I CAN and WILL reach my goal! Full steam ahead! Stay strong ladies we got this!
  • CaroDav73
    CaroDav73 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, just returning to this app and would love to add some friends, I'm 44 and trying to lose about 10lbs-15lbs (you would think all the walking I do would do it! lol ) I would add you all but forgotton how to, do feel free to add me.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies!!! Hope you all have a Fabulous Monday! Welcome to all the new ladies too, you have come to a great place to achieve your goals :)
  • daisyf717
    daisyf717 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @abbyjack2 I agree with measuring advice and I think sometimes it takes a little to get going. I know it was a slower start for me to losing weight now (being in my 40s) than when I was younger.
    I think exercise is a good idea but again for me, losing weight is 80% diet... and alcohol derails my success most of the time (as that bottle of wine from this weekend can tell you).
    Let us know what you decide to try!
  • Spaffdavidson
    Spaffdavidson Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,
    Happy Tuesday!!! Have a wonderful day!!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    5uyb5xuz01n0.jpg
    Good Morning Ladies!! I hope you all have a Tremendous Tuesday :)
  • abbyjack2
    abbyjack2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Didn't do so good on Monday with my eating. Thought I would counteract my eating with more exercise. Will try to do better today.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    abbyjack2 wrote: »
    Didn't do so good on Monday with my eating. Thought I would counteract my eating with more exercise. Will try to do better today.

We all have those days!!! You can do it!!!!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I turn 42 next month... I've done this a few times, got off track again, so back in swing for Spring! I'm doing 10 - 20lb mini goals, and measuring so I don't get bogged down by the numbers, tho' ultimately I want to lose 50 lbs and be strong, carry more muscle. I learned that at 170lb but muscular was far more comfortable and I looked better, than when I was 140lb and no muscle. For now I need to get used to doing more than sitting at a desk all day, and then laying watching TV all evening. I used to be very active and fit, and now the stairs exhaust me. Went for a 20 minute walk this morning, and was spent! lol. I look forward to not being winded so easily.
  • becker201175
    becker201175 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Im 42 and would love to have friends to help and support one another. I need to lose over 100 pounds-today was day 2.
  • angml30
    angml30 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I will be 45 next month! I have lost 16 pounds so far but still have another 24 to go. Feel free to add me, it would be great to have encouragment.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Im 42 and would love to have friends to help and support one another. I need to lose over 100 pounds-today was day 2.

One day at a time! Check out some of the success stories for inspiration too. You can do this! Just think of it as how you plan to live the rest of your life. There's no rush (unless medically necessary).
  • Spaffdavidson
    Spaffdavidson Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Snoopy...my favorite!!! Happy hump day to Everyone!!!
  • thadreamer
    thadreamer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Why is it so hard to lose in you 40's
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    thadreamer wrote: »

I'm almost 47 and I don't find it that difficult. Are you sticking to your calorie goal? Exercising at all? What are you finding hard?
  • thadreamer
    Options
    I have been counting my calories for over 50 days. 90% of the time I have a deficit.
    I was exercising 3-4 x a week for a couple weeks. And got discouraged cause the scale wasnt moving. Myfitnesspal friends on here had no real encouraging words,when I got down. One person replied. But I really need the support.
    I feel like I should go low carb!
  • thadreamer
    Options

I'm almost 47 and I don't find it that difficult. Are you sticking to your calorie goal? Exercising at all? What are you finding hard?

I have been counting my calories for over 50 days. 90% of the time I have a deficit.
    I was exercising 3-4 x a week for a couple weeks. And got discouraged cause the scale wasnt moving. Myfitnesspal friends on here had no real encouraging words,when I got down. One person replied. But I really need the support.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options

Is your diary open? Can you share stats? Height weight etc? Send me a friend request if you want. I'm down 94 pounds, 6 to goal and I share lots of recipes and ideas.