Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    neepex27 wrote: »
    No loss here this week, and actually up a few pounds (due to most likely this past weekend, some birthday cake, and social drinks with friends). I haven't had pop in many weeks now, have cut back my breads big time, with hopes of seeing a big change. I walk my 10,000+ steps/daily, and feel myself getting frustrated that I'm not seeing much of a change yet, but I REFUSE to give up!

I hope you're having a great day! Who's enjoying sunshine? It's cloudy but nice here in rural Manitoba, Canada

Don't ever give up, just keep on keeping on!!!!
    The weather here is Sunny in Mid Missouri, but windy as all get out! I just want Spring to arrive :)
  • alwzl8er
    alwzl8er Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ladies! I'm new here and trying to drop 20 pounds. I'm 48 and been on a yo-yo for almost 30 years.

My weight would go up so I'd change my diet/exercise and drop 40-50 without any problems ... until now. I've been trying for 6 months to drop weight and it's just not working. Thought I'd sign up and get serious about it. I know for me, I need accountability to be successful!

Looking forward to "meeting" you all.
  • shortfritz
    shortfritz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Brandie. I'm 43 yrs. old. I have 60+ pds. to lose. Should you still be looking for a buddy, feel free to add me. Thanks.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    @neepex27 giving up bread won't make it happen. You know the drill... get back to being active with us on the feed. We miss you! Eat what makes you happy, work out when you can, track your calories and be patient. I've been up a couple pounds for almost two weeks. I know it will be gone. Just have to keep on keeping on. According to the bf scale its lower so it's either water or muscle... that's what keeps me sane!
  • melissa6771
    Options
    Hello to all the new ladies... this is a great group of women. Very supportive. Very hard to stay active on the news feed and here at the same time. We can all do this! Only a couple more days until the weekend. Have a plan. Weekends seem to be hard for a lot of people.

Ok @Grammytryingtogetfit I posted here... lmao...
  • Spyc1
    Spyc1 Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @neepex27 giving up bread won't make it happen. You know the drill... get back to being active with us on the feed. We miss you! Eat what makes you happy, work out when you can, track your calories and be patient. I've been up a couple pounds for almost two weeks. I know it will be gone. Just have to keep on keeping on. According to the bf scale its lower so it's either water or muscle... that's what keeps me sane!

Oooo bread is evil!!!! So evil!!!! It sucks you in with it's soft pockets of yeastiness!! And the wafting allure of it's smell!! Oh, so evil!!!

Darn it, now I want some toast with jam. See!!!!!!
  • melissa6771
    Options
    Spyc1 wrote: »

Oooo bread is evil!!!! So evil!!!! It sucks you in with it's soft pockets of yeastiness!! And the wafting allure of it's smell!! Oh, so evil!!!

Darn it, now I want some toast with jam. See!!!!!!

What's evil about bread???? So have some toast with jam. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.
  • sdcohorst
    sdcohorst Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’d love to join you guys and anyone can add me. I’m down 40 lbs with 15 more to go. I’m 40... for a few more weeks anyway!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Hello to all the new ladies... this is a great group of women. Very supportive. Very hard to stay active on the news feed and here at the same time. We can all do this! Only a couple more days until the weekend. Have a plan. Weekends seem to be hard for a lot of people.

Ok @Grammytryingtogetfit I posted here... lmao...
    YAY @melissa6771 !!!! I got a few others on here too!! So happy to see the interaction again :)
    I know I have quite a few on my friends list, but I like this thread too because it's all about Women supporting each other!!!! Happy Thursday Lovely Ladies!!

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    abbyjack2 wrote: »
    I am 42 years old, trying to lose 20 lbs . Seem to be stuck at 156 lbs. My goal weight is 140. Seems even with the logging what I eat, being active, working out, eating healthy, nothing seems to work. Starting to think there is no hope..short of eating nothing...not sure what else to do.

I'm not sure what your stats are....What's your calorie goal? Is it too aggressive? Have you been weighing all your entries and making sure to choose the right one? There are a lot of incorrect food entries in the database!!!!! There is hope, you just have to keep pushing forward!!!!! If I can do it, you can too!!!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I am 42 years old, trying to lose 20 lbs . Seem to be stuck at 156 lbs. My goal weight is 140. Seems even with the logging what I eat, being active, working out, eating healthy, nothing seems to work. Starting to think there is no hope..short of eating nothing...not sure what else to do.

I was going to take a peek at your diary to see if I had any suggestions, but you have it private. How long have you been stuck at 156? Where did your goal weight of 140 come from? Are you taking measurements and pictures as well as weighing? Are you weighing everything your eat (even pre-packaged and condiments)?
  • abbyjack2
    abbyjack2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I was going to take a peek at your diary to see if I had any suggestions, but you have it private. How long have you been stuck at 156? Where did your goal weight of 140 come from? Are you taking measurements and pictures as well as weighing? Are you weighing everything your eat (even pre-packaged and condiments)?

I changed my diary settings so people can see it. My goal weight I picked because that was the weight I had been at before having kids. A year ago my weight was at 149 lbs and it ballooned up to 161 at New Years. My weight seems to fluctuate between 156-159. I even went alcohol free the month of January hoping it would jump start my weigh loss, but to me, it had minimal effect. I started last week doing jillian michel's revolution work outs hoping it'll help me get more toned, build some muscle and lose some weight.
  • mom23mangos
    Options

I changed my diary settings so people can see it. My goal weight I picked because that was the weight I had been at before having kids. A year ago my weight was at 149 lbs and it ballooned up to 161 at New Years. My weight seems to fluctuate between 156-159. I even went alcohol free the month of January hoping it would jump start my weigh loss, but to me, it had minimal effect. I started last week doing jillian michel's revolution work outs hoping it'll help me get more toned, build some muscle and lose some weight.

It's still not public. Do you have clothes from before you had kids that you can use to gauge your progress? The reason I ask is that body composition can change over time and you can sometimes weigh more yet still look the same/fit clothes, etc. I can still fit in my clothes from 20 years ago, but I weigh 10lbs more.
  • abbyjack2
    abbyjack2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

It's still not public. Do you have clothes from before you had kids that you can use to gauge your progress? The reason I ask is that body composition can change over time and you can sometimes weigh more yet still look the same/fit clothes, etc. I can still fit in my clothes from 20 years ago, but I weigh 10lbs more.

Ok, I think I changed my diary setting so people can see it. I still fit into some of my clothes, but they do fit tighter than they used to. Pants that used to be lose on me are now snug/tight. Pants that I needed belts for, now I don't need a belt.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Heather. I'm 43 and would like to lose 80 lbs but I just seems impossible. I've been on MFP for 2065+ days and it has been a roller coaster ride for me. I've lost, gained it back, lost a little, gained it back and now I'm doing it again. Anyone can add me.
  • mom23mangos
    edited April 2018
    Options

Ok, I think I changed my diary setting so people can see it. I still fit into some of my clothes, but they do fit tighter than they used to. Pants that used to be lose on me are now snug/tight. Pants that I needed belts for, now I don't need a belt.

Got it this time! OK, it doesn't look like you are accurately measuring, more like estimating or going by cups/packaged amounts. There's nothing inherently wrong with that unless you come to a place like you are where you are inadvertently maintaining. So what may be good enough for maintaining, needs to be tightened up for losing. Most likely you are eating more calories than you think. You can either A) start weighing EVERYTHING you put in your mouth or B ) just make a small 250 calorie adjustment down with your estimate logging and see if that moves things.

I could see a couple easy wins. Swap cauliflower rice for rice and zoodles for spaghetti. Make a meat sauce or meatballs with lean ground turkey. You could drop a snack or glass of wine. Just one of those small changes would help lower your overall calories without changing the amounts you eat too much. Are you full on the amount you are eating now? Does three larger meals a day work for you?
  • sky15425
    sky15425 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    @mom23mangos those are great suggestions. I know I do the same, just estimate the amount. I needed to read your post today. Thanks
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    sky15425 wrote: »
    @mom23mangos those are great suggestions. I know I do the same, just estimate the amount. I needed to read your post today. Thanks

You are welcome! I'm an estimator too. At the beginning, I weighed things and it was SO helpful to learn portion sizes. Now I can estimate fairly well what 3oz of meat is for example. I don't even log unless I'm wanting to drop a couple of pounds and when I do now, I just estimate. But I make as many low calorie swaps as possible. Cauliflower rice, zoodles, Jicama tortillas, low fat cheese, Fage 0% Greek yogurt, oil mister, lean meats and seafood, etc. It's all an experiment to see what/how you like to eat and what will keep you happy. I do better with a lower fat, moderate carb diet while others do better with a low carb/higher fat diet. In either case, Protein should be a priority.

I just tried this recipe last night and the fam really liked it. It called for a TON of olive oil in the marinade though and if I made it again, I would sub broth for the oil.

http://bestrecipesww.com/lemon-garlic-butter-steak-with-zucchini-noodles-recipe/