Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• kenkel4
    kenkel4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Reading the above posts makes me curious. What book recommendations does anyone have? I need a new read.
  • suzysunshine6901
    suzysunshine6901 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @mom23mangos My favorite book is The Help. I’m currently reading Dead Air.

Oooh, I just looked Dead Air up and it looks gooood! How is it so far?

It’s really good. I tend to like the mystery/ romance books.

• luv2liftElise
    luv2liftElise Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Turned 40 in March, and I stepped on the scale today and am now at the highest weight I've ever been, even when I was pregnant with a 10 lb. baby! Ugh

Love crossfit, running, and karate, but have a desk job.

Have logged food in the past, but not consistently for a while. Would love to lose at least 30 lbs... also, not sure what I should use for macro percentages - what are others percentages?

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    cl1xcb1bbz1x.jpg
    Good Morning Lovely Ladies and Happy Hump Day!!!!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 in March, and I stepped on the scale today and am now at the highest weight I've ever been, even when I was pregnant with a 10 lb. baby! Ugh

Love crossfit, running, and karate, but have a desk job.

Have logged food in the past, but not consistently for a while. Would love to lose at least 30 lbs... also, not sure what I should use for macro percentages - what are others percentages?

It really varies person to person on what satiates them. 40%P/20%F/40%C works for me when I'm trying to lose weight. When I'm maintaining, It probably falls along a more even split.
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    kenkel4 wrote: »
    Reading the above posts makes me curious. What book recommendations does anyone have? I need a new read.

What genres do you like to read?
  • amandainmd
    amandainmd Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    First Name: Amanda
    Pets: Clover, a ridiculous 1 year old labradoodle
    Kids: 2 - ages 19 and 17
    Job: School Librarian and Adjunct Professor
    Hobbies: Reading, cooking

I am off and on MFP for a long time, but trying to recommit.

SW: 168
    CW: 165
    GW: 140ish

I hit my forties, peri-menopause, and grad school and gained about 20 pounds in 5 years. I would really like to take it off, but have struggled to get below 160 for the last few years.

Favorite recent concerts: Tedeschi Trucks, Trombone Shorty, seeing Alison Kraus this weekend!
    Favorite recent books: All The Crooked Saints, Maggie Stiefvater; Bear and the Nightingale, Katherine Arden
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    amandainmd wrote: »
    First Name: Amanda
    Pets: Clover, a ridiculous 1 year old labradoodle
    Kids: 2 - ages 19 and 17
    Job: School Librarian and Adjunct Professor
    Hobbies: Reading, cooking

I am off and on MFP for a long time, but trying to recommit.

SW: 168
    CW: 165
    GW: 140ish

I hit my forties, peri-menopause, and grad school and gained about 20 pounds in 5 years. I would really like to take it off, but have struggled to get below 160 for the last few years.

Favorite recent concerts: Tedeschi Trucks, Trombone Shorty, seeing Alison Kraus this weekend!
    Favorite recent books: All The Crooked Saints, Maggie Stiefvater; Bear and the Nightingale, Katherine Arden

I LOVE Alison Kraus! I haven't yet had the pleasure of seeing her live. But I think I did hear something recently about her going on tour so I'll have to check it out.

I read the Bear and the Nightingale recently. It was pretty good, but I haven't read the rest of the books in the series yet.

I think the best book(s) I've read pretty recently was the Rebel of the Sands series by Alwyn Hamilton if you like YA.
  • kstylz
    kstylz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm in the 40's club! I need to lose 40 lbs. Feel free to add me.
  • Trysta
    Trysta Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 45, though I don't feel it, lol =)
    I need to get back on track, as I am nowhere near where I want to be. Please feel free to add me as well!
  • ltlsnbl75
    ltlsnbl75 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

I have been reading books by Shayne Parkinson: Sentence of Marriage (#1), Mud and Gold (#2), and now on Settling the Account.
    I also recently read A Trace of Smoke by Rebecca Cantrell
  • kenkel4
    kenkel4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

What genres do you like to read?

My favorite books lately have been by Jodi Picoult, Allison Winn Scotch and Emily Griffin. So mostly contemporary fiction

• kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Hi all

44 here (45 in a week..GULP)
    kids are 13 and 14
    I was here a few years ago and lost some weight and it crept back on over the last 3 year

starting:158 (5'8)
    now:153
    goal:140

im making progress but its soooooo slow
    kim
  • donnaquinn35
    donnaquinn35 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m 46 and need to lose about 60 pounds add me
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Nice to see some new faces :)
    This is an awesome group of Ladies, you have come to the right place!!!
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’ m sue 41 years young lol feel free to add me
  • tyeisah
    tyeisah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    43 here! Love my Keto way of eating. Feel free to add me.
  • amandainmd
    amandainmd Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    amandainmd wrote: »
    I LOVE Alison Kraus! I haven't yet had the pleasure of seeing her live. But I think I did hear something recently about her going on tour so I'll have to check it out.

I read the Bear and the Nightingale recently. It was pretty good, but I haven't read the rest of the books in the series yet.

I think the best book(s) I've read pretty recently was the Rebel of the Sands series by Alwyn Hamilton if you like YA.

I added Rebel of the Sands to my goodreads. I read a lot of YA and middle grade as those are the ages I serve as a school librarian.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    vzy5zxv39eex.jpg
    Happy Friday Lovely Ladies!!!! Here's to an AWESOME weekend :):):)