Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Women in their 40s!

Replies

• luv2liftElise
    luv2liftElise Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2018
    Turned 40 in March, and I stepped on the scale today and am now at the highest weight I've ever been, even when I was pregnant with a 10 lb. baby! Ugh

Love crossfit, running, and karate, but have a desk job.

Have logged food in the past, but not consistently for a while. Would love to lose at least 30 lbs... also, not sure what I should use for macro percentages - what are others percentages?

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    cl1xcb1bbz1x.jpg
    Good Morning Lovely Ladies and Happy Hump Day!!!!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    Turned 40 in March, and I stepped on the scale today and am now at the highest weight I've ever been, even when I was pregnant with a 10 lb. baby! Ugh

Love crossfit, running, and karate, but have a desk job.

Have logged food in the past, but not consistently for a while. Would love to lose at least 30 lbs... also, not sure what I should use for macro percentages - what are others percentages?

It really varies person to person on what satiates them. 40%P/20%F/40%C works for me when I'm trying to lose weight. When I'm maintaining, It probably falls along a more even split.
  • mom23mangos
    kenkel4 wrote: »
    Reading the above posts makes me curious. What book recommendations does anyone have? I need a new read.

What genres do you like to read?
  • amandainmd
    amandainmd Posts: 34 Member
    First Name: Amanda
    Pets: Clover, a ridiculous 1 year old labradoodle
    Kids: 2 - ages 19 and 17
    Job: School Librarian and Adjunct Professor
    Hobbies: Reading, cooking

I am off and on MFP for a long time, but trying to recommit.

SW: 168
    CW: 165
    GW: 140ish

I hit my forties, peri-menopause, and grad school and gained about 20 pounds in 5 years. I would really like to take it off, but have struggled to get below 160 for the last few years.

Favorite recent concerts: Tedeschi Trucks, Trombone Shorty, seeing Alison Kraus this weekend!
    Favorite recent books: All The Crooked Saints, Maggie Stiefvater; Bear and the Nightingale, Katherine Arden
  • mom23mangos
    amandainmd wrote: »

I hit my forties, peri-menopause, and grad school and gained about 20 pounds in 5 years. I would really like to take it off, but have struggled to get below 160 for the last few years.

Favorite recent concerts: Tedeschi Trucks, Trombone Shorty, seeing Alison Kraus this weekend!
    Favorite recent books: All The Crooked Saints, Maggie Stiefvater; Bear and the Nightingale, Katherine Arden

I LOVE Alison Kraus! I haven't yet had the pleasure of seeing her live. But I think I did hear something recently about her going on tour so I'll have to check it out.

I read the Bear and the Nightingale recently. It was pretty good, but I haven't read the rest of the books in the series yet.

I think the best book(s) I've read pretty recently was the Rebel of the Sands series by Alwyn Hamilton if you like YA.
  • kstylz
    kstylz Posts: 4 Member
    Hello, I'm in the 40's club! I need to lose 40 lbs. Feel free to add me.
  • Trysta
    Trysta Posts: 24 Member
    Hello! I'm 45, though I don't feel it, lol =)
    I need to get back on track, as I am nowhere near where I want to be. Please feel free to add me as well!
  • ltlsnbl75
    ltlsnbl75 Posts: 36 Member
    Reading the above posts makes me curious. What book recommendations does anyone have? I need a new read.

I have been reading books by Shayne Parkinson: Sentence of Marriage (#1), Mud and Gold (#2), and now on Settling the Account.
    I also recently read A Trace of Smoke by Rebecca Cantrell
  • kenkel4
    kenkel4 Posts: 60 Member

My favorite books lately have been by Jodi Picoult, Allison Winn Scotch and Emily Griffin. So mostly contemporary fiction

• kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Hi all

44 here (45 in a week..GULP)
    kids are 13 and 14
    I was here a few years ago and lost some weight and it crept back on over the last 3 year

starting:158 (5'8)
    now:153
    goal:140

im making progress but its soooooo slow
    kim
  • donnaquinn35
    donnaquinn35 Posts: 6 Member
    I’m 46 and need to lose about 60 pounds add me
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Nice to see some new faces :)
    This is an awesome group of Ladies, you have come to the right place!!!
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Hi all, I’ m sue 41 years young lol feel free to add me
  • tyeisah
    tyeisah Posts: 6 Member
    Hello everyone
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    43 here! Love my Keto way of eating. Feel free to add me.
  • amandainmd
    amandainmd Posts: 34 Member
    I LOVE Alison Kraus! I haven't yet had the pleasure of seeing her live. But I think I did hear something recently about her going on tour so I'll have to check it out.

I read the Bear and the Nightingale recently. It was pretty good, but I haven't read the rest of the books in the series yet.

I think the best book(s) I've read pretty recently was the Rebel of the Sands series by Alwyn Hamilton if you like YA.

I added Rebel of the Sands to my goodreads. I read a lot of YA and middle grade as those are the ages I serve as a school librarian.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    vzy5zxv39eex.jpg
    Happy Friday Lovely Ladies!!!! Here's to an AWESOME weekend :):):)
  • mom23mangos

My favorite books lately have been by Jodi Picoult, Allison Winn Scotch and Emily Griffin. So mostly contemporary fiction

I don't read a whole lot of contemporary fiction, but if you occasionally read historical fiction I highly recommend The Nightingale if you haven't read it. Hands down the best book I've read in the past couple of years. Just be prepared to be torn apart emotionally.
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member

Sorry, I’m late to the party! Krauss and Paisley singing “Whiskey Lullaby” can’t be beat!!