Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Niff314 wrote: »
    42 here - down to the last 15lbs. It goes so much more slowly at the end than the beginning. :)

I'm 42 and have been working on my last 10 pounds since I was 32, no joke. :D
  • daisyf717
    daisyf717 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    qmaybe6 wrote: »
    I gotta stop over eating on weekends.

I do this too. Now I’m trying to plan a really good treat meal into my schedule, that way I’m not feeling like I’m missing...
  • abbyjack2
    abbyjack2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My biggest problems is weekend eating and drinking. I eat healthy during the week, and then the weekend comes then I have some cocktails and eat a little unhealthy.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    abbyjack2 wrote: »
    My biggest problems is weekend eating and drinking. I eat healthy during the week, and then the weekend comes then I have some cocktails and eat a little unhealthy.

Don't we all???? Yes, yes indeed! Actually I have beer every night otherwise you wouldn't want to be around me....LOL I am trying to curb the unhealthier eating over the weekends, but the struggle sometimes is real....
  • midnitetrouble
    midnitetrouble Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just turned 40 and I have an embarrassing 115 lbs to go to get to my ideal weight...I just started and while hitting my ideal weight would be a jaw dropper...I would honestly be just as happy losing say 75 and getting back under 200. Feel free to add me!
  • Fitmamak7
    Fitmamak7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, mom of five. I was the same a couple of years ago. I lost the last 15 pounds. It took working out regularly, taking my youngest son swimming 2-3 days a week. I would tread water for most the time while he played with his friends in the pool. I walked to the grocery whenever possible and ate very clean and never went over 1000 calories a day. It was hard but it did the trick. Trying drinking a lot of herbal tea if you still feel hungry. I haven't gained the weight back yet. I woke up my metabolism again. I am less strick now but careful. Good luck!
  • abbyjack2
    abbyjack2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This week I am starting to not snack in the evenings. I am only on day 4, but my weight has gone down slightly since the beginning of the week. Of course the weekends always seem to wreck things for me. we'll see what happens.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    BethAnnieT wrote: »
    Hey peeps. Please add me. I'm 42 and have about 10-15 or even 15-20 pounds to go. Ideally, if it were easy, I would say 20. Realistically, more like 15 I guess. I had ACL surgery in February, and Plantar Fasciitis surgery LAST February, so have been fairly sedentary for about 18 months total. I am just now getting back into walking outside, 10,000 steps per day. I tore my ACL (and dislocated my kneecap) playing volleyball, but I don't think I'll get back to jumping any time soon.

Current struggles are:
    - Snacking as soon as I get home from work.
    - Eating too much on special (but not all THAT special) occasions.

Thinking of 2018 as a "rebuilding year" -- getting the eating under control, strengthening the knee, etc.
    Plans for 2019 include 5ks, trail running, and hiking. I want to do the "Four 14ers in One Day" hike in Colorado, and I want to hike the Grand Canyon rim-to-rim. I like to dream big. :)

Eating as soon as I get home from work - me too - a killer for weight loss - how do you combat this? I have tried making a skinny latte for myself as I cook (I tend to want to gobble up bread and butter and chocolate, cookies and whatever else I can get my hands on!) or even a small glass of red to distract myself.
  • daisyf717
    daisyf717 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was doing the snacking while making dinner a lot, the little bites adding up so right now I do baby carrots and cucumbers a lot when I’m feeling that way. I really love chips and baby carrots give the crunch I want k think... bread is hard. When I want bread it’s a tough thing to substitute...
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    abbyjack2 wrote: »
    I am 42 and looking to lose 15-20 lbs. It has slowly been creeping up since i turned 40. Started this week doing Jillian Michels Revolution workouts. Hoping that will jump start the weight loss. Also starting to log in the food that I eat, per suggestions from several people on this site. Good luck!

How is the Jillian Michels Revolution working out for you? I really liked her videos and used them to jump start my health back in the day.
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Since I have started eating DASH inspired (heart healthy), it has actually done wonders in calming and eliminating most of my IBS symptoms.
  • Spyc1
    Spyc1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    neepex27 wrote: »
    My favorite "crockpot shredded chicken", I make every sunday, bag and freeze for the week. Easy-peasy!
    https://tone-and-tighten.com/2015/08/make-ahead-shredded-chicken-freezer-meal.html

OMG!! I just did this last night in the crockpot! Yum, yum, yum!! I woke up with my tummy rumbling!!!

So juicy and tender!! Thank you for sharing!!!!!!!
  • deejaroo
    deejaroo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! :) 47 next month. Would love to add new friends for encouragement and accountability!
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I just joined the club! :)
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps. Please add me. I'm 42 and have about 10-15 or even 15-20 pounds to go. Ideally, if it were easy, I would say 20. Realistically, more like 15 I guess. I had ACL surgery in February, and Plantar Fasciitis surgery LAST February, so have been fairly sedentary for about 18 months total. I am just now getting back into walking outside, 10,000 steps per day. I tore my ACL (and dislocated my kneecap) playing volleyball, but I don't think I'll get back to jumping any time soon.

Current struggles are:

Thinking of 2018 as a "rebuilding year" -- getting the eating under control, strengthening the knee, etc.
    Plans for 2019 include 5ks, trail running, and hiking. I want to do the "Four 14ers in One Day" hike in Colorado, and I want to hike the Grand Canyon rim-to-rim. I like to dream big. :)

Eating as soon as I get home from work - me too - a killer for weight loss - how do you combat this? I have tried making a skinny latte for myself as I cook (I tend to want to gobble up bread and butter and chocolate, cookies and whatever else I can get my hands on!) or even a small glass of red to distract myself.

I try not to snack but make dinner, drink tea and water and eat rather early. Sometimes it works. The way home from work can be a trap as i have to go past a bakery. Lots of nice smells... it is just about the worst time of the day
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    buxbert wrote: »

Current struggles are:

I try not to snack but make dinner, drink tea and water and eat rather early. Sometimes it works. The way home from work can be a trap as i have to go past a bakery. Lots of nice smells... it is just about the worst time of the day

OMG, I used to bike commute to work and had to ride directly behind a bakery. The smells!!! It was such temptation.
  • sidcorsini
    sidcorsini Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Is there a thread for men far past their mutual 'use-by date'?
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have fifty plus pounds to lose. This is not my first MFP journey. Seems to Slowly be coming off this go round. Some days I do good others I don’t do so good but I’m not giving up. Going to keep at it. I need to get to a healthier weight and place in my life. Anyone who wants to can add me
  • QueenieB76
    QueenieB76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    buxbert wrote: »

Current struggles are:

OMG, I used to bike commute to work and had to ride directly behind a bakery. The smells!!! It was such temptation.

We live a little over a block away from a bunch of different restaurants. The smells when we walk outside sometimes...OMG very tempting!