Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• Starbaby251
    Starbaby251 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m 46 and am really tired of not seeing “me” in the mirror. I have to lose about 50 pounds. Being a mom and not having much time for me has taken a toll on my appearance.
  • beaqthomas
    beaqthomas Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Im 41 ..... and trying to lose ten pounds. I have already lost 5. I did my fitness pal 6 years ago and lost 20 pounds, but of course i gained it all back! Its not always easy eating 1200 calories a day but its amazing how quickly the weight starts coming off if you can stick to it. I have been consistent with logging in the past 2 weeks. I hope i can keep it up ..
  • jencj05
    jencj05 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Please tell me what you are doing to lose the weight and what has worked. Thank you:)
  • amandainmd
    amandainmd Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    jencj05 wrote: »
    Please tell me what you are doing to lose the weight and what has worked. Thank you:)

What worked best for me is planning. Planning your whole week out on Sunday. What I'm going to eat at what times, what exercises I was going to do at what weights. Pre-log everything and meal prep for the week on Sunday. Then the whole week is a breeze and you don't have to think about anything.

I think planning as much as possible is a great idea. Right now my schedule is super flexible so I plan dinners weekly and the rest daily. When school starts in August, I am going to need to be more organized.
  • daisyf717
    daisyf717 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Happy summer everyone! I can’t get over how summer has thrown my schedule a bit into craziness 🤪. My husband isn’t traveling (which he usually does), my kids don’t have school and it’s making me sooo busy...
    how is everyone else’s transition to summer going?
  • blue_eyed_fi
    blue_eyed_fi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Rejoined mfp recently after buying a Fitbit too. Was at my goal weight just over a year ago but left mfp, had back problems and now need to lose 15-20 pounds. I'm 47 and from Ireland. Have not added any friends yet since rejoining but used to find it very helpful when I last was on here.
  • acqjohns
    acqjohns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m 43 and I need to focus more on my health and well-being both physically and mentally, and I’ve learned exercise, proper healthy nutrition and adequate sleep help me to function at my best! My goal is to lose 18 pounds. I’m 5’5 and I weigh 168lbs. Learning to love me better this year so I can love others only as I love myself!!
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    daisyf717 wrote: »
    Happy summer everyone! I can’t get over how summer has thrown my schedule a bit into craziness 🤪. My husband isn’t traveling (which he usually does), my kids don’t have school and it’s making me sooo busy...

I'm off work this week and I have been very sedentary. I walk more and I'm more active when I'm working. I've actually burned less this week than I usually would during a week of work. :#
  • mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    40, here, and need to lose 30-40lbs. I am absolutely loving this summer so far! It's easier for me to stay on track when I don't have to be on the go all the time.

The boys and I have virtually no structure to our days right now. I'm sure it'll get old by the time school starts in the fall.
  • suzysunshine6901
    suzysunshine6901 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    daisyf717 wrote: »

I love the Summer time. My daughter is out of college for Summer and is working. I know it sounds funny but it’s more of a dependable schedule than when she’s in school. I love being able to take little walks in the sunshine.
  • Moolatta
    Moolatta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm turning 42 next month and trying to lose around 15 lbs. I'm currently eating low-carb and it seems to be working for me :) Feel free to add me!
  • amandainmd
    amandainmd Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Happy saturday! Yesterday was a bit of a mess (friday cocktails, I am looking at you). Today is a new day and so far, so good!
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi I've got 22lbs to shed to reach 140 for my 40th later this year.
    I lost 21lbs last year then regained 14 over winter. I've found this last 6 months hard but I've started to actually shift it. I'm disappointed with myself as I wanted this regain off by now and be working on the last stone to get to my goal weight.
  • Peaches7211
    Peaches7211 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and wanting to lose about 80 lbs
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I’m 42 and need to lose about 20 pounds. I feel like a broken record always starting and stopping. Life gets in the way. But I’m not giving up.
  • blueunicorn125
    blueunicorn125 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Staring this weight loss thing again, I need friends to help me be accountable. Please add me!
  • nancy5370
    nancy5370 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m in my 40’s and need to lose 40 lbs. Most of my life, I was super athletic and thin but after a sports injury and lots of pain... I’m tired of being fat! I need help! I need to change! I want to enjoy clothes shopping again!!!!!