Options

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    "Its full of chemicals!"

"So is sugar. Mostly glucose."

I use 2tbs of Splenda each morning in my tea. Thats all I use. I use it because I want that extra 90 or 100+ calories for something else instead of sugar.

On first read I saw "...2 lbs of Splenda..."

I'm glad I wasn't the only one!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Pour a packet on your tongue right in front of her and act as if you are having a heart attack/angina...

Um, I like the stuff, but not that much. :o I feel that gagging my way out the door might not have made the statement I was aiming for...

Yeah, me neither, but the visual impact followed by spitting out said sweetener and then "thanking" her for saving your life would have been an ultimate troll move (lol)
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    JeromeBarry1’s comment literally made me LOL. And now I’m practicing this phrase with a James Bond Eastern European super villain type accent. Please god let someone give me the opportunity to use it... :D
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Be polite and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

When a disturbing event such as OP's happens, smile and say, "I have plan to kill you".

This works better if you can pull off a Russian accent.

If you get to use it, I hope you record the event and post it.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    She is a liar anyhow, straight STEVIA; the leaves might just be more healthy.... but Truvia is as processed as Splenda, they’re all best to be avoided.
    Having said that, whenever I want I use different packets of sweeteners......the last I checked obesity and it’s related issues are to be avoided and sometimes a person gives in to a craving for something sweet.
    Isn’t it nice to meet expert random strangers who give us “unsolicited advice” :#:#:#
  • CTRLplusZ
    CTRLplusZ Posts: 23 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    You could try this...

Ask them to email you legit medical resources so you can review with your doctor. (Act sincere). If they do email you continue to ask for more until they give up.

They will think twice before giving unsolicited advice to strangers in the future...
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Such a weird thing to say to a stranger. I'm usually non-confrontational because I can't be bothered. The usual way I react to weird comments is by ignoring them as if that person isn't there, so I can't help with comebacks. But yeah, that was odd.
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    This response is kind of geeky but it’s what I ask my students when they say something outlandish: “what’s the evidence to support your claim?”