Infinity war SPOILERS

Options

Replies

• CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    CatsIvuE wrote: »
    Chris Evans beard inspired me to grow mine back out.

He doesn’t have the red, white and blue because he is a fugitive.

Lol right?? Did she even watch the movie? Hulk dead? Lol

Eta the laughing kind
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

Its Nomad Cap, look it up. Cool story arc for the character.

I can see what their vision was,thank you CatsIvuE, however, for me personally, I felt that his costume from his first scene DID NOT encapsulate, "the spirit" of his character. Had that been the case, I should have known he was Steve Rogers aka Capt. America. It shouldn't have taken "the fight scene" to recognise him.

"The spirit" of Captain America is standing up for what's right against all odds which is what he did the second he had his entrance in Infinity War and he continued to do it throughout the movie. It has nothing to do with his outfit.

Also he looked sexy so you get out of here with that nonsense lol

You're allowed your opinion, I am permitted mine.

From a costume design perspective, I believe certain scenes were design failures@dark colour saturation. My opinion.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

Ahhh that makes sense. It worked then@fugituve. I will never profess to be a Marvel fanatic to read into the characters, as well as know back stories of characters. Appreciate the clarification ... No wonder, I'd likened his costuming to ISIS. That did come through, albeit one who'd still maintained his convictions - the hero.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited May 2018
    Options

Eta the laughing kind

I've watched it three times now. The screen busy with characters was distracting. Just a lot to see .... Suppose, it's different for those of you who are familiar with ALL characters. I only watch some Marvel films, not ALL.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited May 2018
    Options

Eta the laughing kind

Also he must be in ISIS because dark clothes and beard. I’m gong to frisk my uncle for a bomb cause you know beard and dark clothes

I’m sorry this was a jerk thing of me to say.

Not at all@beard. My focus was primarily on his costuming.

**I am an aunt who buys these costumes for nephews. I am one who believes that superheroes are positive for children. The "dark" costuming threw me.

Appreciate the banter everyone!!

• CaptainFantastic01
    Options

Its Nomad Cap, look it up. Cool story arc for the character.

I can see what their vision was,thank you CatsIvuE, however, for me personally, I felt that his costume from his first scene DID NOT encapsulate, "the spirit" of his character. Had that been the case, I should have known he was Steve Rogers aka Capt. America. It shouldn't have taken "the fight scene" to recognise him.

"The spirit" of Captain America is standing up for what's right against all odds which is what he did the second he had his entrance in Infinity War and he continued to do it throughout the movie. It has nothing to do with his outfit.

Also he looked sexy so you get out of here with that nonsense lol

You're allowed your opinion, I am permitted mine.

From a costume design perspective, I believe certain scenes were design failures@dark colour saturation. My opinion.

Because he is undercover and on the run. He IS nomad in every way but name. The main villain is purple are you really hung up on this? Putting 'America's greatest super power' who was doing good and fighting crime in the same spot as ISIS, A REAL LIFE terrorist group?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options

Ahhh that makes sense. It worked then@fugituve. I will never profess to be a Marvel fanatic to read into the characters, as well as know back stories of characters. Appreciate the clarification ... No wonder, I'd likened his costuming to ISIS. That did come through, albeit one who'd still maintained his convictions - the hero.

Because he wears dark colors? Black widow is in dark colors the whole time she is on screen in most any movie. I am significantly bothered by your summations of these characters based on the viewing of a movie you know incredibly little about
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    Please don't say bad things about steve he is strong but also he is fragile and has been through a lot
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

Because he wears dark colors? Black widow is in dark colors the whole time she is on screen in most any movie. I am significantly bothered by your summations of these characters based on the viewing of a movie you know incredibly little about

For HIS character, yes. Black widow hasn't changed at all. The integrity of her character's costuming and her portrayal - no change.

Exactly. A good number of viewers would be like me. Watching it "blind" ... No lead ins.

Most of you are different kinds of viewers. You know it going in. Watching reinterpretations of characters you're familiar with. You have also watched the previously mentioned 18 films. I need to watch those.

My third time watching this, with less distractions, having watched this already, I somewhat enjoyed it more. As a result of this discussion, I followed his role more, this time around. I even found the movie sad.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Please don't say bad things about steve he is strong but also he is fragile and has been through a lot

I am one if those annoying people who will and does watch Marvel or DC films/productions who will ALWAYS be the noob. I will never "get it" like you do. I watch the story. I will be that maddening person who watches for costumes, akin to people who watch Super Bowl and only viewed advertisements(I watch for the game, not the ads for clarity).

I would never want to intentionally malign his character. The first time I saw it, I was preoccupied with all the other characters that I barely noticed him at all, because I also follow Renaissance production make up - that too pulls my focus whilst viewing such films, more than just the story. Upon viewing it the second time, I didn't really notice him until the battle scene.

My apologies for offending any of you hardliners.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    My 9 year old’s theory is that Wong will play a central role in saving everyone. But the same 9 year old also hid his face a few times during the movie. So I’m not sure he’s the best to predict what’s going to happen...

And I still have a crush on Star Lord. Lol
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    My 9 year old’s theory is that Wong will play a central role in saving everyone. But the same 9 year old also hid his face a few times during the movie. So I’m not sure he’s the best to predict what’s going to happen...

And I still have a crush on Star Lord. Lol

Good good, in the comics wong dissapeared but they didn't show it in the movie so the assumption is he's still alive
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Didn't Thanos need to alter the time space continuem in order to retrieve the last stone? Doesn't that mean that there is the possibility of characters returning to life? ( +/- duration of altered time)

• 777Gemma888
    Options

Eta the laughing kind

He didn't die ... Yay! He did get beaten a whole lot. Is there a chance of the Hulk winning over Thanos at all if he returns@part 2? Why is he going through the "change" glitch?

• CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    jdjrk8xiakiu.gif
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Didn't Thanos need to alter the time space continuem in order to retrieve the last stone? Doesn't that mean that there is the possibility of characters returning to life? ( +/- duration of altered time)

Yeah. And Gamora is probably in the soul stone in a way too, so you never know. With the time stone, in theory you can do anything, Wong just really doesn't recommend it, lol.

Kudos to the people who went to see the movie without knowing all the characters. It must have been extremely confusing.
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    How is it that Thanos can defeat the Hulk? I thought The Hulk's strength increased as he got more angry? Almost making him infinitely powerful. I would think that Hulk has had equally tough battles....I really am a newb but I love the Avenger movies and am branching out from there.

Thanos had the power stone when fighting hulk. I do believe that word breaker hulk or at least a much stronger hulk is coming in the next movie

MCU is making a 3 part character arc for hulk starting from ragnarok.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Why wasn't Warlock in this movie?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png