The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Happy Cinco de Mayo. Have a great one.
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Mickey_I wrote: »
    bago08 wrote: »
    Good Morning All. Happy Friday. How many out there use one of the days of the weekend as a "Cheat Day"

I totally didn't set out for it to be a cheat day but damn I skipped cheat and went straight for gluttony. !!!!!! I am not unhappy about it but I have shocked myself with how overboard I went.

Sounds like its time for a long run
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    kawebb4485 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. I am 2 months shy of my 49th birthday. About a month ago I decided that I was tired of being sick and tired. After about 30 years of drinking soda, eating bad food, and generally abusing my body, I just stopped. I downloaded MFP about three weeks ago. It's a bit silly that I find myself being accountable to an app on my phone, but I really do think about what MFP is going to say when I enter my foods after each meal.

Since starting (weighing 219 at the time), I've dropped 12 pounds. I drink mostly water, which is probably making the biggest difference in my progress. I do eat one meal a week that is just decadent - my reminder to myself that things like pizza and Chinese takeout aren't off the table forever.

This is also my first post on MFP. Nice to meet you all.

Well done.. and welcome :smile:
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

The sun is shining, I have 13 miles of death ahead of me and the Caps tied the series up!

Go get it peoples!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning pals!!
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday to all of you! Mine has been a crazy one so far. Got my grandson for an overnight stay (20 months old) and he decided to get GoGo (what he calls me) up at 4 am! On my second cup of coffee and without even thinking about it-have ate a few things I shouldn't. Well, have to count them and get on with my day! Here's to staying in control the rest of my day.... :)
  • momrox2011
    momrox2011 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Hi everyone! I’m Chrissie, I just turned 50/40 (50 is the new 40 so I’m told LoL) Time to bounce back and re-set! I did real well at one point, totally clean eating, exercising, and logging in MFP, I had about 8 lbs left to goal and felt awesome and healthy, BUT, lost my motivation somewhere. And believe me I looked everywhere! It definitely was not on the couch or under the piece of cake that I ate! LoL What I did find is 26.3 lbs! Uggghh I wasn’t looking for that!

I’m real excited about getting back on track and making some new friends. I could use some help finding my motivation and accountability, hopefully being able to give some in return and making this journey fun!

Original starting weight - March ‪2015 193‬
    Lowest weight - December 2015 153.7
    Currently- 180
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Happ Sunday all current M ages and welcome all you new M agers .Kind of overcast here today in notheast. Hope you all are having a good weekend. Good luck all.
  • pam2733
    pam2733 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can't deny it any longer. I've gained weight. I lost more than 100 pounds about 15 years ago when I was in my mid-30s and managed to keep it off all this time. But it seems the minute I turned 50 last year, the weight started creeping back. This time it settled on my lower stomach and hips which is not where I typically would put on weight in the past. My pants don't fit and I feel sluggish and tired. No matter how much I exercise (and I've kept up a daily 30 minute 4 MPH treadmill routine since I lost weight the first time) or how much I tried to eat right, I've managed to gain 20 pounds in the last 8 months. So, here I am, back on the calorie counting/diet train. This time feels different, however. The issue is that I am a 5 foot tall, 50-year-old woman. My metabolism is non-existent. How am I supposed to lose weight and keep it off? I don't think I was eating that much when I was gaining weight. I've managed to lose 3.5 pounds in 5 weeks by eating less than 1200 net calories per day so I'm on the right track but I'm worried I won't be able to keep it off. Will I ever get to eat chocolate chip cookies again?
  • wjf42q
    wjf42q Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Kevin.
  • AJ29526
    AJ29526 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    AmyAnnJ78 wrote: »
    38 here!! Add me if you want

Hi Amy... I'm 38 too. I have no clue how to add friends on here lol.. Can you add me and tell me how ya do it? Thanks... Lol.. I'm on my phone and don't see any type of button to add friends. Thanks.
  • Camilla13Cochran
    Camilla13Cochran Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    33 here. Not quite sure I am middle aged but I can use some friends!!
  • greglongley
    greglongley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m in! Feel free to add me all! Looking to lose weight, tone up and improve running fitness! Need help keeping motivated! :-)
  • jasamjak67
    jasamjak67 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    51 but I feel stronger than when I was 35! Feel free to add me!
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Sunday is here, bright and hot. I’m resting my broken body after yesterday’s shenanigans!

What are ya’ll up to?
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Morning all! and happy Monday...lets have a great week!
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yay it's Monday!...said no one ever, especially in NJ. Had a good weekend and no cheat meals, plus maintained the gym routine. I saw an error in content above: 50 is not the new 40, because I'd be 46 and I'm only 36 so 50 is the new 30. I also like to add that 56 (even though I'm only 36) is one of the best years fitness and health-wise in my life, so keep working at it because you've got plenty of years to be the best you can be. Carpe diem!
  • Shaggy_T
    Shaggy_T Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's Monday MFPers! Lets get er done!
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Little too much food and drinks this weekend. Back at it. Hopefully didnt lose too much ground. Have a great week all