Have You Tried A Liquid Only Diet?

Options
MissDetermined335
MissDetermined335 Posts: 22 Member
edited May 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Hey all,

So I went liquid only for one day following colonic hydrotherapy as I wanted to ease my digestive system in (vege smoothie, protein and fruit smoothie, vegetable soup and lots of green tea and lemon water).

I could have eaten an entire fridge full come the evening I was so hungry though!

My question is for those of you who have tried,

1- how long did you do the liquids for,
2- what where you consuming, and
3- how did you stop yourself feeling hungry
4- did you feel any health benefits?

All the best fellow fitness friends,

Tiff

Replies

• MissDetermined335
    MissDetermined335 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I guess my question for you is why? Why would you want to do a liquid only diet? What are your health and nutrition goals in doing so?

I answered this in the opening paragraph of my post.

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    I did it for 3 1/2 months after reconstructive jaw surgery... would I do it by choice - hells no!!

Exactly. I'm basically living on Ensure right now and wouldn't recommend it if you can eat
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    1-only as long as the doctor ordered
    2-prescribed diet of glucerna meal replacements and half a cup of skim milk
    3-I couldn’t stop hunger signals but my body gave up growling within 72 hours. I think out of despair. I could still be triggered by a food ad.
    4-none, zero, nada. The prescribed diet was to shrink my liver before surgery and I succeeded. I was very weak throughout and I had to give up my daily walks.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Actually, no, you didn't. You said that you tried it for one day following colonic hydrotherapy. My question is why you would ever want to do it again. You posted follow up questions which made me assume that you were looking to do it again and I simply wanted to know why and what your end game was. Take care.

Exactly. The important part of experimenting is learning when the experiment has failed. You have learned something new about yourself and that a liquid diet is not going to satisfy you which is not a shocking result. Whether you are trying to lose weight or not the goal is to get through the day satisfied and happy.