Beachbody Support Group 2018

Options

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I've been doing PiYo for the past week. Gonna go for a TurboFire 30 tomorrow.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I had an early meeting, so did TurboFire fire 30 this morning.
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    3 more days of focus T25 then hello P90
  • drea2011
    Options
    Thanks to T 25 I lost 15 lbs and 23 inches!!!!! On to P90X 3!!!!
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »

That's fantastic! Congratulations!!!
    Are you taking a week reocvery or diving straing into the next one?
  • greypilgrimess
    Options
    After taking yet another week break due to shoulder injury I'm back on Insanity month 2, on week 2 now, I'm determined to finish this thing! My eating suffers when I'm not working out the same so I put 2lbs back on during my break, so my final results probably won't be so good.
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Awesome ...congrats Drea! You are definitely an inspiration.

This is my last week of max 30 program. I am so excited.
  • sara_gets_fit
    sara_gets_fit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wanting to do insanity! Any tips for a first timer?
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Take it easy. Break when you need to. Focus on your personal best. I didn't do a lot of the jumping at first. For instance power squats. I would just do squats at first. Always do the stretch. Again always do the stretch. Don't give up. If you find the exercise too hard and you can't do anymore it's ok fast forward to the stretch and try again tomorrow.
  • greypilgrimess
    Options

I second what jefamer said. Also add focus on form over anything else. Push yourself as much as you can, but if your form is failing take a break. Be mentally prepared, know that it is meant to be difficult and breaks are fine, don't expect to be as good as the people in the video, just give it your all and you'll get stronger really fast. Good luck!
  • jwcannon70
    jwcannon70 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I agree with the people who said it is alright to take breaks. There were some exercises where I might have only done a couple and rested for the majority of that exercise. Eventually, you will be able to do more reps of each exercise. I am doing Insanity for the second time and I still take breaks during the exercises.

Also, do the fit tests when scheduled. It is a great way to see that you are improving and getting fitter.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options

I second what jefamer said. Also add focus on form over anything else. Push yourself as much as you can, but if your form is failing take a break. Be mentally prepared, know that it is meant to be difficult and breaks are fine, don't expect to be as good as the people in the video, just give it your all and you'll get stronger really fast. Good luck!

Oh yes form is extremely important. I can't believe I forgot to mention that.
  • greypilgrimess
    Options
    Max interval plyo this morning. Tough going, and I feel completely sapped of energy this afternoon (after a trip to the park with the toddler), but at least it's done.
  • greypilgrimess
    Options
    Yesterday I didn't feel like doing the recovery workout (I had tons of energy) so I did Cardio Power and Resistance from month 1 instead. Today was Max cardio conditioning and it suuuucked. Maybe I should have done the recovery workout after all lol.
  • drea2011
    Options
    So thankful for a rest day!! I did dynamix but it was nice to take it easy.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    So thankful for a rest day!! I did dynamix but it was nice to take it easy.

I love that routine for recovery!
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Max30 completed and I love the lean look I am developing. I am 6lbs away from my goal weight.

I am doing pure gamma for a month and it's refreshing to be lifting some weights. I may switch one of the speed 3.0 workouts for a max30 cardio session though.

Keep at it everyone
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Week 3 of Alpha started yesterday. I did not feel like it but pushed through it. I weighed myself and hit my first mini-goal B) I weighed myself 4 times in different areas because I didn’t believe it lol.
  • jwcannon70
    jwcannon70 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I didn't feel like doing the recovery workout (I had tons of energy) so I did Cardio Power and Resistance from month 1 instead. Today was Max cardio conditioning and it suuuucked. Maybe I should have done the recovery workout after all lol.

I do the recovery days no matter what. Those recovery days are still good workouts and I figure I still have two more workouts for that week. I am going to miss it this week as I am in the cardio recovery week of core cardio and balance. Then on to month 2 with that crazy first day workout of fit test and max cardio circuit. I am curious. Did you do both workouts back to back or separate them to different times in the day? I did them back to back during my first time thru Insanity and I was "dead" by the end.
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hello

Another Beachbody fan here. Currently doing 80Day Obsession....Day 34 Cardio Core due today