Green Smoothie Detox - Make Fresh Or What Store Bought Brand Do You Recommend?

Options

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I make green smoothies every day. I use cabbage, 1/2 an onion(working up to more), carrots, spinach, kale, cilantro, parsley, berries, apples, peanut butter, cocoa, and stevia. The last three ingredients really help mask some of the veggies.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I had a smoothie for breakfast, as I do 3 times weekly for the specific reason that it is a way of consuming the kefir which I make from milk. I construct it with a view toward getting protein, Omega-3, calcium, and an abundance of vitamins and phytonutrients. I don't even pretend it's a way of 'cleansing' anything. It's food, nutrition, and quite satisfying.

Yeah, I have smoothies a lot too, as I enjoy them, and they are filling for me. I make mine out of some protein powder, either dairy or a homemade nut milk (I am going to start making kefir, though), lots of vegetables (currently zucchini, fennel, and either kale or spinach), half an avocado, and some frozen berries. It has more calories than my normal breakfast, but is delicious and satisfying.

OP, I would not eat only smoothies or claim they detoxed anything, and personally if I thought I wasn't getting in enough vegetables I would not rely only on smoothies but figure out how to add greens to my day, it's not that hard.

If the goal is to increase vegetable content, or fruit, I'd make sure to make them myself so I'd know I was getting the whole vegetable (and fiber) and nothing added that I didn't want. Plus, you can tailor them to your own taste.

But in that I don't believe that smoothies detox or are any special or affect allergies (unless you add ingredients that you are allergic too), this may be irrelevant to you.