Need non-food ways to reward myself

Options
I'm looking for some ideas (unique ones, and preferably inexpensive) to reward myself for reaching my mini goals.
I'd love to hear some of the things you have done, or would like to do, in order to inspire youself to keep going!

Thanks,
~Amy

Replies

• DIVATRUFFEL0116
    Options
    nice book from the library...
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I go one little shopping sprees at places like forever 21 for cute accessories to jazz up clothes I already have
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Magazines, books, clothes : ) I particularly like prAna clothing but its kind of pricey for buying there often so if I feel I deserve it sometimes I will buy something. Fitness gear is always fun... so many options: )
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    A bubble bath. Quiet time with a book. Give myself a facial or a mani/pedi. Go out for a mani/pedi. Time at the beach.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    new nail polish, maybe a new makeup or body wash...or even a new diary or new shoes. maybe even an eyebrow threading haha
  • anjoweena
    Options
    my friend introduced me to a point system. basically come up with a point system to where you achieve a set amount of points for doing stuff daily like drinking all your water, staying in your calories, exercising... etc... then what she does is once she racks up enough points they equal a set amount of money. she then saves the money and puts it in a savings thing. She's doing it for clothes for when she reaches her goal weight :)
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I beat my weight loss goal by 3 weeks so I decided to dye my hair platinum blonde this weekend (kinda expensive, but throwing the idea out there) and get a spray tan...cause it doesn't seem right having blonde hair and not a tan. :)
  • rwetzel319
    Options
    you could go shopping but limit yourself to only buying one thing. i like to go top shopping but what i will do is find only one top that i want so even if you spend like 20-30 it doesnt get too crazy and plus everyone feels great/confident in new clothes :)
  • Erin_26
    Erin_26 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I give myself a mini spa day. Lovely bubble bath, exfoliation, at-home mani/pedi ... whatever makes you feel good! Or I treat myself to a new top at the local thrift shop!
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I bought a really cute necklace and put it away and said i couldn't wear it until I lost a certain amount
    When I lost 75 lbs I had the goal of buying a new Bike
    When I lost 20, I got a new super Cute Water Bottle.
    At the very Beginning. Before I lost a single pound. I bought 2 shirts in sizes that I wanted to be. A medium and a large.
    So that will give me a goal to be able to get into them.! Far from it still but Jeez I really want to Fit into that medium,
  • sarahpittaway
    Options
    I am now my close to my ideal weight of 10 stone ( 60 kilos) so am rewarding myself with a full body massage and a small Tattoo tomorrow!
    When I achieve something I thought I couldn't I do something to remind me of what I had to do to get it! Got two other tattoos years ago but now this one will be my personal design and represents my passions for art, fantasy and my achievements todate!
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    New music downloads on your ipod. Then enjoy them while working out. Also, I love sandals and flip flops, so indulging in a new pair is always a great reward. And a pedicure to show off your toes in those sandals...
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Sugar scrubs! make them at home and do different scents for different rewards! Cheap and awesome, and makes your skin feel awesome.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    TIme to do soemthing for yourself that you enjoy doing, go to a movie, read a book, listen to music, jst take some serious me time. Going to get your nails done isn't expensive if you just have them polish them and don't go for the whole mani pedi thing. I recommend the pedi more as the mani polish sems to come off much quicker! Small shopping spree for something special you ahve been eyeing.
  • Kimmy546
    Kimmy546 Posts: 102
    Options
    Ya I shop when I'm happy, wait I shop if I'm mad or sad too. lol As long as I'm not eating it's a win win! Shop for new tops... they will always fit with weight loss, pants a little more tricky.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    If i hit my goals or keep my gym commitments for the month I get a pedi/mani. It's only $25 where i go, so after tip i'm at 35 dollars for something that makes me feel beautiful for the month.Granted, the mani doesn't last as long but i'm a fan of pretty feet and it's one less thing to worry about. It's also a great way to pamper the feet that carry you throught those workouts :)
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am a make-up addict so I generally treat myself with new lipsticks, eyeshadows etc. If I'm trying to keep it inexpensive I just go to Boots and buy a new shade of Barry M nail polish (only about £3!) then give myself a mini manicure.

I also treat myself to little bits of costume jewellery which don't have to be expensive. I am on a total no-buy as far as clothes are concerned until I am at my goal weight or have nothing in my wardrobe that fits!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned shopping?
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    How about a spa day? You don't have to spend a lot of money to do that. If there is a nice day spa near you, check to see if they offer a daily pass to use the facilities. You won 't get a massage, but you should be able to use the fitness facilities, steam room, jacuzzi and other amenities there for very low cost. Just kick back and spend the day!

I work for a very high end day spa on the strip in Las Vegas, and we offer passports to use our facilities for only $35 a day. :)

I would also suggest a shopping spree at your local Goodwill or other thrift store. My hubby and I are both losing weight but not yet at our respective goals, so we hit the thrift stores in the "nice" area of town when our clothes are getting too large. I've found some great clothes very gently used for very little money.
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    my friend introduced me to a point system. basically come up with a point system to where you achieve a set amount of points for doing stuff daily like drinking all your water, staying in your calories, exercising... etc... then what she does is once she racks up enough points they equal a set amount of money. she then saves the money and puts it in a savings thing. She's doing it for clothes for when she reaches her goal weight :)
    I love this!