Sleep Hours?

Options

Replies

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I set my alarm for 10:30 to be in bed. I take about a half hour to fall asleep, then wake up at 7:20, so about 8 hours give or take. I used to not, and I feel so much better getting 8 hours rather than the 6, then 9, then 5.
  • snagra23
    snagra23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I sleep about 6.5-7 hours a night, going to bed around 12 and waking up at 7.
  • layladrew26
    layladrew26 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    "My alarm cat does not let me sleep past 8 AM. Sometimes she thinks she should be fed or petted at 4 or 6 AM."

I feel your pain. I also have an alarm cat. The more I ignore her the louder she gets. Then she starts gently scratching my arm and sits on my head ha ha!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I average 6.5 - 7.5 usually. Usually in bed by 10:00 - 10:30 and up at 5:30 - 5:45.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    "My alarm cat does not let me sleep past 8 AM. Sometimes she thinks she should be fed or petted at 4 or 6 AM."

I feel your pain. I also have an alarm cat. The more I ignore her the louder she gets. Then she starts gently scratching my arm and sits on my head ha ha!

My cat pokes me in the face with her paw.
  • layladrew26
    layladrew26 Posts: 111 Member
    Options

My cat pokes me in the face with her paw.[/quote]

Awww bless thats sooo cute. Not cute at 4am in the morning though when your knackered! :D
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyWfUEGyrdk

eta: Oh, and I tend to go to sleep around 9:30-10:00 and wake up at 6:00. Sometimes I sleep mostly throughout the night; sometimes I end up waking around 4 or so to go pee; every now and then I wake up early and have trouble getting back to sleep. So usually close to 8 hours total, but not always.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I NEED 8 hours of sleep or I fall apart lol. I usually go to bed around 10 and up at 6:30. I’d prefer to go to bed earlier than that (bedtime is my favorite part of the day) but we have kids, and after they go to bed I have to take a shower and prepare for the next day, and then after that is my only alone time with my husband so we hang out for a little while before going to bed.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Ideally, I'd be asleep by 10pm and up at 5am to workout and have a leisurely morning routine before work. What actually happens is I troll the internet on my ipad until at least 10:30pm and hit snooze an embarrassing number of times until I absolutely have to get out of bed to be able to work out and get to work at a reasonable time.
  • SaunaSuit
    SaunaSuit Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    steveko89, I have set the cellphone alarms to wake me up and I jump out of bed, put on my sauna suit and go out at 4am walk/jogging. I don't even think twice about it. I just grab what I need which takes 3 min and I am GONE to walk with the moon and stars, to talk orlisten to the birds calling. To make the dogs bark when I pass by and to say "have a great day" to the hardworking parents heading off to work. Free yourself steve, Free your self from your Mind that is stopping you from Jogging, That is "YOUR PERSONAL TIME" in the day and you love it as much as I love it. So have everything ready tonight and set that alarm "LOUD". Dash out of bed and Go Enjoy life it is should be enjoyed.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Usually in bed around 1-2am, wake up multiple times during night due to anxiety. Wake up usually 730-830 naturally, regardless of what time I go to bed.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    SaunaSuit wrote: »
    ? how many hours do you sleep and at what times do you go to sleep and wake up.
    ? do you wake up often at night or sleep through the night!

I go to bed around 7:30pm- 8pm and I wake up between 3:33am and 4am sometimes I sleep until 5pm.

So with that! it is my bedtime. Thank you everyone! For all the help, for understanding and for being there/their? For me. Last please understand I do have Alzheimer’s and I am Dyslexic. I have no grammar skills or punctuation skills. I go in and out of Moods, I am very sensitive to uneducated jokes or Witt you can say it... Whoosh with the hand over the head! She didn’t get it! Just note my heart is in the right place! Hugs!

I sleep 6-8 hours. I go to sleep between 11PM and 1AM and wake around 8AM.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    6-8 hours during the day (I work night shift 6-7 days/week).
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You sound like a sweet person!

My bedtimes vary wildly for a few reasons. First, I'm just not super consistent and tend to just sleep when I'm tired. Seconds I work overnights on the weekend and mostly keep a day schedule during the week.
  • guy_1987
    guy_1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    As much as possible!

I was averaging around 6:30-6:40 and coupled with exercise can make you really tired and groggy.

I try and get 7-7:30 now.

Sleep deprivation definitely makes dieting harder.

You have less self control to watch what you eat plus when you're tired to tend to crave more food.

Get as much as you can!
  • como_agua
    como_agua Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I usually go to bed between 9:30 and 10:30 but invariably wake up at that magic 3 am to pee. because i have a back injury where i can only sleep ON my back, it's often hard to get back to sleep. sometimes i'll come downstairs for an hour and read and then go back to bed, and will MAYBE fall asleep for an hour. i'm not working anymore so everyone in the house gets up about 7 so it's not easy to stay asleep when i can hear activity.

oh well. coffee i love you LOL!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I'm happy if I can get a solid 6 hours. I wear a fitbit, so to get 6 hours of actual sleep, I need to be in bed for 7 hours because I have a lot of waking periods. I feel good with that most of the time. However, last weekend I fell asleep on the couch at 9pm and woke up at 9am, guess I needed it.

During the week I'm in bed around 10:30pm and up at 5:30am, two days a week I get up at 4:30am to go to the gym.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    6-8 with the assitance of Zopliclone
  • forma2017
    forma2017 Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Definitely agree with others--it is difficult for me to get more than 5-6 hours but I am much more functional when I sleep 7-8. Go to bed 9:30-10ish and up to pee 2-3x (12 or 1 am, 3 am) and finally get up since I can't fall back asleep by 4 or 5 am.