Burnin Thru Augus(Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I am a broccoli cassarole fanatic!!

Low-Cal Broccoli Cassarole from Lite Magazine.

Serves 5.

1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
    1 cup cooked long-grain rice (your favorite)
    1/2 cup canned mushroom (sliced and drained)
    1/2 cup diced onion
    1/4 cup skim milk
    4 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
    vegetable oil cooking spray

Directions:

1. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium saucepan.
    2. For 4 min or until the cheese melts, cook over low heat.
    3. Stir constantly to prevent any sticking.
    4. Add the broccoli and cook another 2 min.
    5. or so until it is thoroughly heated through.
    6. Coat a 2 qt.
    7. casserole with the spray.
    8. Spoon the mixture in.
    9. Bake at 350* for 30 min.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Honestly im leaning more towards joyousren.

She seems to spend the most time on MFP.

Sooo....

At that rate...

OUR new captian is Capt joyous. :o)
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Tomorrow I thought we should have some FUN! And do a FUN Challenge. Now I realize the guys are probably going to groan.....but gentlemen let's do this for the ladies. I promise I'm planning something for us guys next week! 4 Minutes of Fun With Beyonce! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc_PizWNp6k Let me know if you did it tomorrow!
  • VelcroPooh
    VelcroPooh Posts: 152
    Options
    Whoa! I was going to answer the same way Stephanie did, that I think both would make great Captains and maybe they could split up some duties so it wasn't so hard on one person......but I see you have already decided.

Now I'm just all confused as you issued a challenge? Or was that another challenge from Gary?
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Now I'm just all confused as you issued a challenge? Or was that another challenge from Gary?

I think that was from Gary because the last time I checked we didn't have any peni on our team!!!!! LOL (my stupid Add Smiley isn't working)
  • VelcroPooh
    Options
    Ha ha ha
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    On the captains forum every once in awhile a team adds an extra challenge...
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats to our new team captain! I am sure you will do a great job
  • VelcroPooh
    Options
    Yep! We're behind you Joyous!
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Oh JOY!!!! :)

Check in day #4 3 sets of 21's - 100 JJs and 2 black eyes later
    Food - over :(
    Water - over :)
    Milage - 8.8 in total :) only 2.2 to get to the 10 I promised all of you !!!!
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Let me check in. Lol.

Water: good
    Calories: Under
    Exercises for mon-thursday good.

Ive done 5 extra miles so far. :o) Im pushin for 10.
  • Bre_Deveraux
    Options
    sooooo sorry i haven't been checking in.
    i kind of got tired of logging in every day , but i have been keeping up with the
    challenges .

so far i've gotten in seven miles !

water for each day [ check ]
    under calories [ check ]
    tues-thurs challenges [ check ]
  • VelcroPooh
    Options
    Just to help Joyous catch up, I have been good on everything all week and caught up to today on all my exercises. I have done 5 1/2 extra miles (I pledged 5) and hope to do a couple of more to add to the total.

Everyone is doing wonderful! Go Team!
  • holly200
    holly200 Posts: 18
    Options
    Congratulation Joyous on being Captain!!! To catch you up with me. I've done all challenges for the week, drank all my water and stayed under calories everyday. I have done 7 miles so far toward my 10.
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    I'm having a blast with all of you. I love being on this team!

Congrats to our new Captain!

All 3 checks yesterday. I Hate jumping jacks but I did them.

Do we really have them again today?!?!?! Can you hear the whine in my voice? LOL No problem, I'm not letting a silly exercise get the best of me!!!

Love to you all,
    Angel
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    Was it ever said what our official weigh in day is?

I peeked today and down another 1/2 lb. I'll take it!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Ya'll are awesome! I'm going to post what I have for every one tonight so ya'll can check to make sure it's correct. I don't have some weights from last week. I'll be sending out messages.

Note on points: The scoring has changed. They are done on a percentage bases now (which is really good since we are down members). The new max number of points for a week without weightloss is 210.
    - There is a max 100 points for the daily exercises with 5 points bonus if we all complete them. So, if all but one of us does the exercises, we will have a score of 95% which equals 95 points. If we all do them, we will have a score of 100% which equals 100 points plus we get 5 bonus points.
    - Team Challenge works the same way. Max 100 points per week with 5 bonus points.

The big change is how weight loss points are calculated. They are no longer awarded per pound lost. Rather they are awarded on percentage of weight lost. So someone that weighs 200lbs and loses 2lbs will receive 1 point. Someone that weighs 150lbs and loses 2 lbs will receive 1.3 points. This is actually a more fair way to award points as it is (on average, generally) easier to lose weight when heavier.

We are earned 226 points for last week but that is without 7 weigh-ins so it could go up.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Angel ~ I feel the same way about those d@mn jumping jacks. I have to do them in my kitchen because they make my pictures fall off the shelf. :embaressed:

Official weigh in is Monday However, you may weigh what ever day you prefer as long as you post it (or message it to me) on Monday. Personally, I prefer to weigh on Thursday or Friday since I am ALWAYS bloated on Mondays.

Pooh- Thanks for the catch up and FANTASTIC job on your miles.

Yesterday, I did my exercises and water but was less than spectacular on my calories.. stupid rest day.
  • dbgirl23
    dbgirl23 Posts: 32
    Options
    Congrats Joyous!!! You will do GREAT!!!

I did complete the challenge for Day 4 and I was under calories and over water!!!

On to day 5!!! I will check in later on that one :)
  • holly200
    holly200 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm with you Angel... I hate jumping jacks! (I'm thinking a man came up with these challenges ....)