Will macros give me a different body shape?

Options
2»

Replies

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ... although different macros may be more satiating to you than others, so watching your macros might help you with continual compliance to your calories.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    pbryd wrote: »
    Yes, paying attention to your macros will help you lose more weight while in a calorie deficit.

Higher protein foods will help with weight loss (as long as you are in a calorie deficit) because of the thermic effect of food.

Basically the body has to work harder to digest protein and fiber, so you burn a higher amount of calories while digesting it, than you would with carbs or fat.

Layne explains it here, watch the full video too

Thanks for posting that video. I found it both interesting and informative. Actually I just started watching the whole series.

I often worry when I hear someone say they're going to talk "science" when discussing fat loss as often they're either not talking science or it's misinterpreted.

However, to see someone with a PhD in Nutritional Sciences discuss it in a fairly way was refreshing. I think I'll check out his website.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Oops. I woo'd on accident... often happens on my phone as it's where I flick my finger. I read psuLemon's response and checked... and yup. I'm a HUGE proponent of high protein during a cut and have often taken heat on this forum for advocating during a cut for much higher than the .8 per pound (or less) figure often tossed out reflexively. Heck, I think Optimum Nutrition probably thinks I'm reselling their product with how much I go through. ;)