Getting used to healthier foods

Options
2»

Replies

• vinceinalabama
    vinceinalabama Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Tormikoskiterhi thank you very much for your input. I eat 2 eggs with 2 hash brown patties every morning for breakfast. Along with a mug of coffee and Coffeemate flavored creamer. There are days when I feel like something different and have oatmeal instead. I do have high cholesterol and am treated forit. I do realize the body does make its own cholesterol as well. :)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @mutantspicy thank you for the link and the insight, I really value them.
    I'm learnin about macros (and micros) as I go and feel I'm getting the hang of this! Yey!
    @vinceinalabama in Finland we have a state issued guidelines for food and that states that about 2-4 eggs in a week is a good going rate as to not let it affect cholesterol and blood pressure in a negative way.
    @AliceDark using fats in a healthy way had turned out to be quite tricky, at least for me. But I'm learning and I'm sure i'll get the hang of those too:)

eggs only cause cholesterol issues if you have a genetic cholesterol issue. for most people dietary cholesterol doesnt cause a raise in serum cholesterol
  • vinceinalabama
    vinceinalabama Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    :)
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    If a lot of the lower calorie healthier foods are too filling for you, you can try eating higher calorie healthier foods like nuts, for example.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Haha I gotta say, first I looked at your screen name and thought ”hmmmm...” then I looked at your food photo and said to myself ”yep, she’s Finnish”. The plate looks identical to what I have had a zillion times. Finnish ladies unite! :)

As for being able to eat your calories: for this meal, it looks like you are using a margarine instead of butter (I’m guessing Keiju, Flora or KevytLevi from the look of it), just go with the butter if your doctor didn’t tell you to watch your fats. It will taste better, anyway. Then a little bit of oil to the veggies. Just eat smart portions often, you’ll get it all down. It will be good for you. Besides, at least you won’t be hungry when you ”diet” ;)