I gain 2-3lbs whenever I eat.

So from my previous post I decided to change my diet and start exercising more. I’ve started eating more protein and healthier meals but weigh my self every morning to see if it’s been working but I’ve been gaining 2-3lbs everyday for almost a week! It doesn’t drop either everyday another 2 or 3lbs will be added on! I’ve gained over 14lbs just in a few days and my stomach just continues to grow! It’s really depressing to by trying to better my self and lose weight but instead I’m getting bigger. I have no idea what to do about it any advice.

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    You have to eat less calories than you burn to lose weight.
    It really makes no difference what you eat it is the number of calories vs the amount you burn.
    Are you weighing, measuring and logging correctly everything you eat and drink? If so, you should see your doctor regarding this weight gain.
  • guy_1987
    guy_1987 Posts: 48 Member
    guy_1987 wrote: »
    Weigh yourself once a week on exactly the same day and roughly the same time (i.e morning).

The body is not an exact science and you increase and decrease as you eat, drink and...

Once a week is a much better indicator of how you're getting on and thats never perfect.

I would wait 3 weeks and if nothing is lost then alter the diet/exercise regime.

She said she has gained 14 pounds over a few days. If this truly happened she needs to see a doctor. It is not possible to gain that much in a few days.

Oh yeah.

I did not read it properly!

Agreed that's not right.

I think a doctor is the right suggestion.

Has to be something medical. Pregnant?

Do you put on weight that quickly when pregnant?

Or maybe scales are broken!

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Go to the doctor. Something's wrong.
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    edited May 2018
    Even pregnancy seems unlikely, that is a lot of weigh in a few days.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Have you been constipated? (I agree with seeing a dr, but if it's constipation, you may be able to get that... moving.. at home without dr intervention)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I'd see a doctor asap.
    This is not a diet or exercise issue.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    edited May 2018
    So from my previous post I decided to change my diet and start exercising more. I’ve started eating more protein and healthier meals but weigh my self every morning to see if it’s been working but I’ve been gaining 2-3lbs everyday for almost a week! It doesn’t drop either everyday another 2 or 3lbs will be added on! I’ve gained over 14lbs just in a few days and my stomach just continues to grow! It’s really depressing to by trying to better my self and lose weight but instead I’m getting bigger. I have no idea what to do about it any advice.

You may be constipated. Did you eat too much insoluble fiber, eating not enough fiber, eating too much fat, too much dairy or too much protein. These can slow digestion down.

How is your sodium intake? If high it could be fluid retention? Dehydration also could be involved if you are not drinking enough fluids.

You may need to see a Dr if you have not had a bowel movement in a number of days. Sooner rather than later since you say your belly feels hard.