What's for breakfast?

I am looking for other breakfast ideas other then my oatmeal.
What did you all have today for breakfast?

Thanks

Replies

• rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    I had what I have most days: 2 hard boiled eggs, some fruit (either an orange, banana or some strawberries and cantaloupe), a cup of coffee and a scoop of whey powder in water.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,163 Member
    This week breakfast has been chicken salad sandwich on toast, with a side of either carrots or spicy pickles.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    I stayed home today to manage a medical thing, so I had time to cook! One and a half eggs boiled to the perfect balance between soft and hard (I am embarrassed to say I was too full for the last egg half), a plate full of pineapple, cantaloupe, snow peas, and red peppers, and a giant mug of excellent coffee.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    I actually don't eat breakfast anymore! I like saving my calories so I can have a larger lunch and dinner. Now that my body has adjusted to the new schedule, I don't start feeling hungry til around 11am.

But really - breakfast can be anything you want. Don't feel constrained to typical breakfast foods - just eat what you like that keeps you full and satisfied.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I had a cranberry orange walnut protein muffin and some seitan sausage.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Sorry I had oatmeal

But it did have almond milk, fresh strawberries, Blueberries, chia seeds and walnuts in it if that helps.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    A banana and milky coffee before my workout. I’d typically follow it with some bran flakes mid morning, but opted to save the calories for lunch out.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    My other go to is an English muffin toasted with an egg (egg ring) slice of bacon and a slice of Swiss cheese.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Today was leftover homemade “hamburger helper”. My current schedule gives me 2 or 3 hours before I have to leave for work, so I often eat non-breakfasty foods. I probably couldn’t stomach this type of food right upon waking though.

Tomorrow will be Greek yogurt with granola.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    edited May 2018
    I brought greek yogurt and a banana but ended up eating half a bagel with cream cheese because someone brought them in to the office. On the weekends I make scrambled eggs and bacon.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Greek yogurt with a tsp of chia seeds & unsweetened coconut mixed in, and a small banana.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    I've been doing a poached egg on top of half an English muffin for months now. It's delicious. Tomorrow I'll be doing the egg with a piece of chicken sausage since I ran out of the bread. I also like doing fruit and yogurt. Bananas and strawberries are nice on top of plain yogurt. Other times I'll pop two frozen waffles in the toaster and top it with Walden Farms zero calorie syrup. All depends on my mood :)
  • KetoKattt
    KetoKattt Posts: 12 Member
    I've been doing overnight oats, which I have really been enjoying, because it almost feels like eating dessert for breakfast!

1/2 cup quick oats
    1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
    1 tsp honey
    1 TB almond butter
    1 tsp ground flax
    2 TB blueberries

Mix this all together and leave in fridge overnight, eat cold the next day! There's also so much customization you can use, but the base of equal parts oats and milk stay the same. I am going to try with pumpkin puree, and cinnamon, mmm!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited May 2018
    Coffee with coconut milk creamer
    2 fried eggs
    2 pieces bacon
    Home Fried Potatoes

Some other things I've had this week:
    GF Bagel with Kite Hill Cream Cheese Spread and Capers and Nova Lox
    GF Toast " "
    Omelette with bacon, feta, broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, and onions
    Egg Salad with GF multigrain crackers

I have my coffee every day.

• kx4jtg
    kx4jtg Posts: 14 Member
    Usually on week day/work mornings I have the following:

2 slices of whole grain/whole wheat toast - 35 calories a slice, 5g net carbs per slice (total 70 cal, 10 carbs)
    2 patties of turkey sausage - 180 calories, 12g protien (total)
    Oinkos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt - 120 calories, 15 protien
    3 tablespoons of Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel coffee creamer - 90 calories, 6g carbs
    2 Men's multi vitamin gummies (one serving) - 15 calories

Total: 470 calories, 32g protein.

Recently I've been looking at upping the protein and lowering the carbs to help even out my macros for the day, so I've decided to start making my own smoothie for breakfast.

1/2 cup fresh blueberries - 43 calories
    1 scoop of Chocolate Whey protein powder - 160 calories, 26g protein
    1 Oinkos Triple Zero greek yogurt - 120 calories, 15g protein
    16ozs of low/non-fat milk - 160 calories

With the creamer listed above, this totals 573 calories, 58g protein, 63 grams of carbs (54 net carbs), 26g fat.

I like to get most of my carbs in during breakfast and mid morning snacks. The calorie total is a little high, but I just substituted one of my snacks for more breakfast. I also typically eat a small lunch because I walk during my lunch hour.
  • DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    Tomorrow I'm having some shredded wheat and bran cold cereal with almond milk, 100g red grapes and 100g raspberries with 32g Santa Cruz peanut butter with a slice of Nature's own whole grain bread.

Today I had grits with 15g ground flaxseed, 100g red grapes, 126g banana, 32g peanut butter, 1 kiwi, and a glass of unsweetened almond milk. I believe I had a mandarin, I'm not sure.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    “Cloud” pancake
    (Whipped egg whites with protein powder, xanthan gum, pumpkin purée, stevia)
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    My quick and light breakfasts are either a Nature Valley protein bar with fruit or greek yogurt with fruit. When I have more time, I make scrambled eggs with turkey bacon or a hash brown and fruit.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Not my usual morning, so not my usual breakfast. Today was a cup of coffee and a protein bar, followed by a Bloody Mary (extra spicy, thank you) on the golf course.