I gain 2-3lbs whenever I eat.

Options
2»

Replies

• kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Get checked out, even when I had a bad eating week (lots of fast/junk food) I never gained like that...maybe a couple of lbs during that week at the most.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    A couple of things could be happening; when you first start exercise you hold on to more water to help your muscles repair. So if you are achy/sore still, chances are you are retaining water. The other factor at play is how your diet (noun) has changed. When I changed my diet (noun) I ate more veg and upped my protein. Needless to say, my body wasn't used to this and there was a few weeks of adaptation to go through. Your stomach bacteria need to adjust and the side effects for me was bloating and the aptly named "protein farts of doom". (I swear when I started squatting I was jet propelled back up more often than not).

So if you have literally just started exercise and food changes, give yourself a bit of time for your poor body to adapt to what you are making it do...which is changing the habits of a lifetime.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    You're not gaining 2-3 pounds of fat every day unless you're dramatically overeating. It could be constipation, or other (potentially serious) medical issues. You need to get checked out by a doctor.
  • adarbyem
    adarbyem Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    14lbs in 4 days would be 12,250 calorie surplus per day, something isn't right if this is true. I would try the following:

1. Try a different scale.
    2. If #1 reads the same, see a doctor.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    So from my previous post I decided to change my diet and start exercising more. I’ve started eating more protein and healthier meals but weigh my self every morning to see if it’s been working but I’ve been gaining 2-3lbs everyday for almost a week! It doesn’t drop either everyday another 2 or 3lbs will be added on! I’ve gained over 14lbs just in a few days and my stomach just continues to grow! It’s really depressing to by trying to better my self and lose weight but instead I’m getting bigger. I have no idea what to do about it any advice.

If you've gained 14 Lbs in a matter of days, it's time to see a doctor because that's not normal even if you were over eating substantially.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,605 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Constipation? Cyst? Cancer? All are much more likely than fat.
    Not going to see a doctor won't make it go away.
    For **kitten's** sake, go!
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    That's next level. I agree with the others, time for a doctor to have a look
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Get a new scale.